Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Have used an exotics 3 wood for about 15 years...current one for about 6 years. Had one of their drivers also for a few years and then got caught up in the marketing haze and went to another. Always good to review their offerings as they are best value.
I still us an xcg 3 wood. Used cb1 & 2 before. Very interested in this driver. Always thought if they could get a driver as good as their woods, I would do it in a minute. I’ve hit the few previous ones and did not like the sound and feel, too harsh and mute for me. Hope this one differs there as well.

I still us an xcg 3 wood. Used cb1 & 2 before. Very interested in this driver. Always thought if they could get a driver as good as their woods, I would do it in a minute. I’ve hit the few previous ones and did not like the sound and feel, too harsh and mute for me. Hope this one differs there as well.
Did you hit the EXS? I’d argue with the last Hot Launch and the EXS they’ve definitely brought their drivers up to par.

@IceyShanks What did you think about this driver when you hit it? How did it compare to the Mavrik, SIM, and SZ?
Honestly I think at the price point it's going to fit for a lot of people as they can save a little on this one and maybe pickup another club they weren't thinking they'd have the budget for.

It was awesome from a looks perspective, it's great on the eyes, but compared I saw my lowest speed and result numbers, it just didn't compare for me with my swing.

Tour Edge Instagram is showing a Project X Riptide shaft in the EXS 220. Not sure if this is an upgrade/custom order shaft.

I recieved a EXS for winning the Fantasy football league. Interesting driver Don't know if it will knock the F8 out of the bag but I plan to give them both a workout on the monitor.

Did you hit the EXS? I’d argue with the last Hot Launch and the EXS they’ve definitely brought their drivers up to par.
No. I have not hit those, just many of the previous ones. Hot Launch, worth a hit? Hmm, interesting as they were not expensive.

No. I have not hit those, just many of the previous ones. Hot Launch, worth a hit? Hmm, interesting as they were not expensive.
One of the most anti left drivers we have ever hit.

Also, way more bang than the buck. Same for the EXS.

Got no decent data to show from me trying to swing this in Chicago as my swing looked like a beginner at times, but, the shape of this one surprised me a little. It’s got some angles to it in the rear section of the club and it’s a little more elongated than I expected even having done the preview article on it.

Tour Edge Instagram is showing a Project X Riptide shaft in the EXS 220. Not sure if this is an upgrade/custom order shaft.

It looks like the Riptide shafts are the stiff option.
I will say I have been pleasantly surprised at the EXS driver. I am not swinging the clubs real well right now due to a shoulder issue but this driver is going to give the F8 a serious run for the spot in my bag. This Driver seem to launch hi for me in the Sim. I have lowered it down to 8.5 and still getting mid high launch.
I am hoping they get the weight kits in stock at some point and I would be real interested in trying my EF Blue shaft in this head.

Got no decent data to show from me trying to swing this in Chicago as my swing looked like a beginner at times, but, the shape of this one surprised me a little. It’s got some angles to it in the rear section of the club and it’s a little more elongated than I expected even having done the preview article on it.
Initial thoughts versus the original EXS driver?

Only got a couple broken swings on this one at Club Champion but it was enough to draw my curiosity, the shape is definitely a little more forgiveness oriented, but man the quality in hand of these clubs from TE the last couple years has been as good as ANYTHING out there.

Anyone know when the 220 line will be in the shops (demo and or on the rack )
)

my local grass roots shop carries a good amount of TEE and they only have the HL4 and EXS so far.

Anyone know when the 220 line will be in the shops (demo and or on the rack )
)

my local grass roots shop carries a good amount of TEE and they only have the HL4 and EXS so far.
Should be any time. Already out at Club Champion.

I can confirm @Jman will have this in hand as soon as I get back to the office.

The 220 driver is departing THP HQ today and headed to Oklahoma. Excited to get to work with it and get a longer term look.

The 220 driver is departing THP HQ today and headed to Oklahoma. Excited to get to work with it and get a longer term look.
Having had some time with the prior iteration, what are you hoping for in terms of improvements/changes to what was already a solid driver?

Having had some time with the prior iteration, what are you hoping for in terms of improvements/changes to what was already a solid driver?
No real "musts", as the EXS stood up against pretty much anything that was out there last year. Obviously more ball speed would be nice to see, but, thats always nice to see. There is a shape change this year and the face tech is a good story, so I'm curious to see how things shake out there.

No real "musts", as the EXS stood up against pretty much anything that was out there last year. Obviously more ball speed would be nice to see, but, thats always nice to see. There is a shape change this year and the face tech is a good story, so I'm curious to see how things shake out there.

Curious to see what the shape reminds you of. In the renderings it looks a lot like a G400 Max or Mavrik Max/Rogue. Larger and stretched out.

Curious to see what the shape reminds you of. In the renderings it looks a lot like a G400 Max or Mavrik Max/Rogue. Larger and stretched out.
I’ve had it in hand already at #RangeDays, it’s different than all three of those.

Cant wait for this thread to get hopping with the TEEm!

Last edited:
Just saw this bad boy tonight at PGAGSS. I loved the look on all of the woods. Top of the driver looks a lot like the WIlson DVD winner from last season.
Funny thing was I loved the EXS 220 irons too.
I really didn’t expect that

This is about to get really popular when TEEm gets their driver!

Definitely! The shaft options are really good. Ventus, Smoke Yellow and Air Speeder.

that’s assuming we get a driver... maybe JB and TEE curve ball us

Back