TP Mills Putter Thread

I agree. The "One" is a classic design that TP came up with in the mid 1960's. It has passed the test of time as David still makes a lot of them today.

i own one.... love it!

For a CNC milled head, the Old School One is a pretty nice putter. Well made as you would expect from Mills.

For a CNC milled head, the Old School One is a pretty nice putter. Well made as you would expect from Mills.

still one of the best feeling putters i've ever rolled for sure. LOVE my Huey and Nellie as well.

still one of the best feeling putters i've ever rolled for sure. LOVE my Huey and Nellie as well.

Never tried either of those myself. I like the idea that David still owns the company and answer's to no one. Lot to be said about that today. Of course the same can be said of other maker's, but David has the great history of his father on his side. TP made putters the old fashion way, through hard work and sweat. I'm trying to do this now using TP's styles as the model and it is very hard work. I can copy TP but he didn't need to copy anyone. Pretty brilliant what he did when you think he was a postman and not a engineer or machinist.

And that he did all his famous black oxide finishes on his wife's stove!

I love that story.

And that he did all his famous black oxide finishes on his wife's stove!

I love that story.

Never heard that, but he did do some great finish's.

Never heard that, but he did do some great finish's.

Yep, on the old stove in the house. Pretty damn cool. If LOVE to see David's shop some day.

Speaking of nice finishes.......Here is another. Not a true Mills of course, but a Mizuno Mills. This finish is mine. Hot applied gun blue. Indoor pic's don't do it justice, but none the less another Mills.

Mills1c.jpg

Mills1a.jpg

Mills1b.jpg

Love a good gun blue finish

Love a good gun blue finish

Yep. I worked hard getting this one right. David's "Blue Sapphire" was the inspiration for it. He does it well.

Fantastic collection of Mills putters HoosierGolfer...very nice

This is a nasty old tp mills I found, did all the paint fill myself, because there was no paint at all

y9ape4ub.jpg

a6e9yve2.jpg

ame6ady6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The old Spalding's were great putters. I have a posting here at THP (somewhere) showing the time line of each putter. Truett Mills only sold the designs to Spalding and had nothing to do with they're production.

The old Spalding's were great putters. I have a posting here at THP (somewhere) showing the time line of each putter. Truett Mills only sold the designs to Spalding and had nothing to do with they're production.

Still a cool find lol

Still a cool find lol

I agree. In many cases with the Spalding's, TP made very few handmade example's of certain models and the Spalding's are the only way one can see today just what he thought of design wise. Every putter maker and OEM has copied his designs.

I agree. In many cases with the Spalding's, TP made very few handmade example's of certain models and the Spalding's are the only way one can see today just what he thought of design wise. Every putter maker and OEM has copied his designs.

Something that is TREMENDOUSLY overlooked by most.

This was back in the bag today, I missed her.

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

While I am NOT AT ALL a fan of the recent CS that was happening with some representing TP Mills, which has changed since my last dealings it appear with some moving to focus on other things. I do absolutely respect the hell out of David Mills and his talents, I used to own a LOT of custom putters, but this is the one that remains...and even then it had to make its way back to me at one point. Nothing I have rolled ever feels like a Mills to me, it just doesn't. I won't game it full time just because, but I could easily, I love this one though.

You are one lucky man dude. Sweet.

Gorgeous putter James!

i doubt i'll ever sell my custom huey.... prob one of the best feeling putters i've ever used. maybe i'll have to throw mine in the bag for a round sometime soon. hard when i'm rolling my 2 newest bettis so well.

Jmans Huey is the best feeling/sounding putter I have ever owned. Easily my favorite shape too. I just wish I could putt with it haha, but I'm so happy it's made it's way back home to OK.

Back