Tucked vs Untucked

I like to untuck but am 100% on board with whatever dress code the course dictates. The only time I get worked up is when someone says something to me in my group and it isn't a course policy. It also bothers me when the course has a policy that they only enforce on guests while half the Men's League tees off in clear violation of the policy.

I will always abide by course rules. If you don't like it, then don't play there.

I don’t mind either way. For me there’s only a few brands of shirts that look decent untucked anyway, so I’m a tucker. Course can decide what they want and I’m fine. Good excuse to buy nice belts.

First Tee asks that little gentleman tuck in their shirts. I think it’s kinda cool.

Their course, their rules

Ironically enough, Our courses don’t require that in most cases.
Yep I saw that at VN- there were a few groups who were not tucked. I will say though, I feel like I'm there as a representation of THP and will always make sure that I am presentable.

Doesn't bother me either way.

Everyone in the thread using the word "abide" has me adding a movie to my playlist :) I have been practicing playing with it tucked and don't mind it as much as I used to.

the lady in the van GIF

I prefer untucked but absolutely don’t care if it is required.

I'm fine with it, and I abide. I'm usually tucked anyway, only exception is middle of summer in AZ when I want max air flow.

I’ll tuck my shirt in if the rules are to do so. The reasons I don’t typically are that my torso is tall and they usually pull out really easily and it’s more comfortable around my pump insert.

I actually prefer untucked. However golf shirts that don't fit to tight for me are too long, so tucked in if in a polo.

Courses that don't require a collar I'll leave those shirts untucked.

Course rules prevail. I tuck in my shirt though it's becoming increasingly more difficult to keep it that way.

Your course, your rules.

My choice to frequent or go somewhere else.

all good by me

I don't care either way, even though I always tuck my shirt in.

Yep, I follow the course rules if the acts what they ask do, no complaints from me.

the lady in the van GIF

I abide to the rules of the course.

Whatever the etiquette , is at the course . I would follow .

It’s far cooler ( in physiological sense ) to have your shirt out horizontal hem
( not like business shirt with curved front and back ).

Really agree with, @McLovin , and lve thought this previously
the LPGA has no issue with ladies tops over waist etc

It doesn't bother me either way. My course technically has the requirement but doesn't enforce it. We sometimes give the untucked guys a little grief about it but don't really care.

This is not a thread of whether or not it should be done.

Question is, are you okay with courses deciding to do it? Meaning do you abide? Do you throw a fit? Do you complain?
Perfectly fine with a course deciding its dress code and I’ll follow it. It’s my choice to play but you have to follow their rules to do so.

I am good with whatever the course requires with no compllaints.

Don't care. It's entirely dependant on the length of my shirt if I have it tucked or not.

I always abide by the dress code, and i am alway tucked at the course, what ever course

Don't care. It's entirely dependant on the length of my shirt if I have it tucked or not.
So if your shirt is shorter you won’t tuck even if it’s the rules? Or you wear a longer shirt if course has rules?

I'll follow the rules but usually tucked in anyway so never had an issue.

Back