Tucked vs Untucked

I’ll rock with whatever the course requires with no fits! My home course is anything goes… so I wear athletic shorts and a T-shirt

I feel more comfortable with my shirt tucked in, so always wear it that way. I don't mind if people go untucked if it's allowed.

I always tuck in my shirt. Don’t really care what the course dictates.

I have to be tucked in. I’ve gone as far as getting off beer versus looking sloppy

I’m good with tucked or untucked. The attire doesn’t matter to me one bit

It's their course. They can set the rules how they like.

Some shirts I liked tucked. Some I like untucked. I'll bring the appropriate shirt to the course.

I’m ok with it being required and I would have mine tucked regardless.

I prefer untucked but could start out tucked

I always have my shirt tucked in, so I don’t have an issue with it.

I'll always be tucked.Dont see a reason to lower the standards. Classy will always be classy,but you do you

Whatever the course goes with is fine.

I used to be an untucked person but I've switched and prefer tucked in when I play golf.

I play tucked, but if a course demanded something of me then I'd do it for the 1st hole then do what I like after.

I had this with wearing a crew neck shirt under my 1/4 zip once. They said to zip right up because it's collared shirts only and members could complain. Ridiculous rule, but I did it to tee off then unzipped it again once I started walking.

At any nice course I show up tucked and try to stay that way.

Local cheap munis… whatever I’m feeling that day.

But always respect whatever the club rules are.

My theory is if I choose to play there, I will follow there rules.

whatever the course requires is fine. it might be stodgy, but it's their place.

my son does not like to tuck his shirt in, but knows i expect him to do so when golfing, on the soccer field, or on basketball court, even if the other kids are untucked. so maybe i'm the stodgy one? :unsure:

Their course/club, their rules.
I personally tuck mine in, it often untuck's itself requiring several adjustment throughout the round.
I like the fact that golf tries to maintain some decorum.
If that makes me "stodgy", oh well.
When I was a young surf/skate rat in the 70's and my dad wanted me to play at the CC with he and his friends, I didn't like the dress codes ( slacks, collard shirt ), but I wanted to play so I rolled with it.

Last edited:
I roll untucked for the most part. I can’t say I’ve ever been on a course that mandated it one way or the other.

I roll untucked for the most part. I can’t say I’ve ever been on a course that mandated it one way or the other.
My previous club mandated it (tucked), but never enforced it. The only rule they were strict about was no denim.

Always tucked for me personally...I don't care if you don't though if the course is cool with it.

Definitely not going to throw a fit. But, tucked in should be the standard

I always tuck just to make sure that I'm in compliance with whatever rule the course may have. As the round goes on it becomes a little less tucked but I always fix it when I hit a comfort station to use the restroom.

I think it looks sloppy not tucked in.
I will always abide by the rules of the course.

My shirt is tucked half the time anyway, so I’m okay with whatever the course decides.

The move by a few solid shirt companies toward untucked creates great options now. OK either way but all my shirts are tucked.

I really hate being told what to do, but in this case I'll comply without being grumpy. I already tuck.

Back