Tucked vs Untucked

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a thread of whether or not it should be done.

Question is, are you okay with courses deciding to do it? Meaning do you abide? Do you throw a fit? Do you complain?

I usually have my golf shirt tucked in so it doesn’t affect me either way

I always abide if it’s required and slightly complain but only internally 😂

Perfectly okay if courses require it too

Im ok with a course making a decision in regards to dress code.

I prefer to keep my shirt tucked in, and overall think it's a nice look vs untucked. But, others who prefer to be untucked doesnt bother me in the slightest. Do you.

your shop your rules, i do what they say. i have only been to one course so far that not only had a sign saying "shirts must be tucked in" but they actually enforced it. the starter would not let us tee off until everyone had their shirts tucked in....and we all complied no problem

i'm a tucker, and i'm old school to prefer seeing other golfers tuck. for whatever reason i don't have a problem with female golfers going untucked?

Fat guy here so I prefer untucked to be comfortable. That said... if course says tuck it in and I want to play there I tuck it in. Doesn't bother me.

I seem to be with the masses. I'm a tucker anyways, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I like to see people follow the dress code if one exists, I will do my absolute best to adhere to any rules or policies. I will abide, I will not complain.

I definitely do what the course asks/requires. I respect the rules of that course, no tantrum, no complaining, just enjoy the round!

I have no issue with a course that has a dress code. Yes, I’d follow it.

Yes I'm fine with it, and yes I would follow the rule

I will abide by whatever the course decides. Personally- In a casual round at my local goat track, I'm untucked. At a THP experience, or at a nicer course I'll be tucked in 100% of the time.

No problem at all. It’s an easy enough rule to follow. As long as they aren’t crazy about policing it mid round if the back comes out a bit after swinging clubs.
The whole shirt comes untucked? Police away.

I'll need to start paying better attention! I've never tucked and I've never noticed if people tuck or do not. I've never had a word said to me either, and have played over 70 courses since I've started. Genuinely didn't even know this was a thing.

No issues for or against. I will abide no problem.

I will abide by whatever the course decides. Personally- In a casual round at my local goat track, I'm untucked. At a THP experience, or at a nicer course I'll be tucked in 100% of the time.
Ironically enough, Our courses don’t require that in most cases.

I'm fine either way. I feel like untucked is far less evil than allowing joggers, but that's just me. :LOL: I feel like times have changed and you can look nice/presentable without being too uptight. I don't complain though and will follow whatever rules there are at the course I go to.

I'm good with courses going that route and wouldn't make any noise about it, I'm going to have my shirt tucked in regardless.

I always abide if it’s required and slightly complain but only internally 😂

Perfectly okay if courses require it too
watching you try to find a comfort zone with a tucked in shirt will be one of my favorite memories of the year hahahahaha

I think courses are capable of policying and policing themselves and I'll go with what's decided if I play there. If it's something or some place I care aboit and I disagree I'll try to influence it if I can.

I like a well fit untucked polo.

I don't care what someone wears on the course. But personally, I prefer tucked, as I feel uncomfortable if I am untucked.

My view on things. If its their course, they can make the rules (as long as they are legal). And either I abide by them if I want to play the course, or I honor their policies and play somewhere else if I disagree. I don't try to impose my views/values/rules on someone else.

I prefer it untucked, the requirement for a tucked shirt is dumb, but if they require it, I do it and don't complain.

Back