Volvik Condor and Condor X Golf Balls Review

Im going to run a test on these with the driver, because early on, the Condor is giving me really really good results. Almost dead on numbers to Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star

The driver numbers are interesting to me and honestly I might consider slightly shorter avg for higher flight, especially in the summer time when courses dry up

Great write up. Dean you always deliver. I recall using Condors way back when they were british size and illegal in US. Got a few just for haha's.

Nice writeup! The differences between the two balls off driver is pretty interesting

Just spent a good 90+ minutes hitting shots on the ST+, from wedge matrix, to iron target practice, and then some long iron work. I'm pretty impressed with the Condor ball.

Huh. Interesting.. I will try them..

Just spent a good 90+ minutes hitting shots on the ST+, from wedge matrix, to iron target practice, and then some long iron work. I'm pretty impressed with the Condor ball.
This was me yesterday, minus the 90 minutes part. Just hit 8 irons for a bit and then wedge matrix working with some various golf balls. The Condor is pretty impressive to me.

Interesting but somehow I can't get past the "old" Condor name, however, they do make a ball called the XT soft which is a urethane cover at 70 compression and it's under $40! Something soft and with spin...up my alley.

Condor and Condor X Direct on website are buy 3 get 1

Stay tuned to the THP Home page for some forum testing coming up on Condor and Condor X.

Stay tuned to the THP Home page for some forum testing coming up on Condor and Condor X.
Exciting times!

I gotta say that $130 for 4 dozen of these is really tempting.

Hey @ddec do we think X for me?

I think I’m going to jump on the B3G1 for the Condor X

Through 4/15
with coupon code volvikpro
you get 3 dozen for $99 on Condor or Condor X

Arrived today.

image.jpg

Little evening comparison work around the green.

image.jpg

First thoughts. This is just on the standard Condor. The sound is a little more clicky to my ear compared to the TP5s and chrome soft X LS I brought to compare against.

Initial launch “seems” a little higher on chips as well which typically indicates a little less spin off the face but it also seems to be checking up and rolling out the same as the other so I am not sure.

Of the putter it also seemed a little clicky but does not necessarily feel firm..

Played the Condor today for quite about 27 holes. I actually really enjoyed the experience. Doesn’t feel too firm, distance off the tee was solid. Greenside and iron spin wasn’t as good as Chrome Tour for me though today. A little mist this morning may have affected that though. Really looking forward to trying the X

I’ll get a photo too but color is a bit more off white than bright white and the seam is noticeable if anyone cares about that

Got my test packs in today along with my new wedges. That’s surely a sign to do a little short game comparison with a Pro V1. So out the my short game area, aka backyard, I went. These are just a few initial impressions, not a review. That will come when I can get them on the course.

Condor - Soft but not too soft. A little firmer that the Pro V. Sound is similar to my ear. Ball flight and spin look the same to me. I don’t have any numbers to back that up, just the eye test. Initial impression is if you like the Pro V you’ll like this.

Condor X - It’s the firmest of the bunch by a lot. Sounded really clicky off the face also. I’ve been playing the Left Dash this year and the Condor X felt firmer. It may not be, I didn’t grab a Left Dash to go against, I’ll compare them head to head later. Ball flight was higher than the Pro V and Condor. It definitely seemed to spin less. It had a noticeable amount of rollout compared to those two. Not really sure how I feel about this one.

What did stand out to me was the consistency of each ball. They’re pretty different from what I can tell but they each do what they do the same every shot. In this session anyway. I’ll know more when I can get them on the course.

Back