Waking up early on Christmas morning....

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
Who else plans on being awakened at an uncomfortable hour tomorrow morning?

I have 3 kids, ages 18, 15 and 10. The two teenagers will typically sleep in on a normal day, but on Christmas morning they will wake me up before the sun comes up, usually around 5:30ish. It's almost become a tradition. At least they're old enough now that I do not have to do any toy assembly, which has to wait until they're asleep, which is always late on Christmas Eve because of the anticipation.

So for those of you that have children, what time do they typically come rouse you on Christmas morning?

Man I miss those days! Growing up on a farm with 75,000 egg laying chickens, it was all hands on deck work wise, but my dad had a soft spot if only for an hour or so for Christmas morning. When my brother and I got a little older, we started doing everything on Christmas eve but getting up early was wonderful. Great memories for sure.

For all of you with kids at home, enjoy every second of it. Memories last forever.

Kids probably not til 7
But baby wakes up at 6 ish every day

So 6 ish it is

My son will be up at the crack of dawn, while we usually have to wake up our daughter. Around 630 I suppose.

My son, 8 months, still doesn't have any idea what is going on. My four year old daughter is pumped. In a normal day, she can sleep till 8 or 9, but my guess is we'll see her before 7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My 3 year old will probably be up at 615, 630. This is the first year she really knows what's going on so is super excited.

Taps away

Our 13 yr old daughter has informed us that everyone will be up by 730. Told her jokes on her I'll be up at my usual time and she said dad I'm not getting up at 5 lol

Sent from my SGH-T989

My kids were up at 6.50 this morning waking us up.

my dog will definately have me up at our regular time :beat-up:. she dont know what christmas and day off is

my dad will probably take the opportunity to sleep in, and with him not making any racket I'm probably gonna sleep a while myself.. probably won't get up til 9 ish? then some breakfast, then head to my grandma's house for family dinner around 1.

My 13 year old has tried to convince us that we should get up when she wakes up. We told her no earlier that 6AM; otherwise it would probably be 4AM

I used to love when my boys woke is up early practically begging us to open presents.

Now, they just sleep in, and watch Christmas story or ESPN until everyone is awake.

I make omelets for everyone in the morning for breakfast. Love Christmas mornings even though my boys have somewhat outgrown the excitement.

Those with little ones, enjoy these times, they eventually grow out of it....

I don't plan on it, but with a 5 year old in the house, it's inevitable!

I'll be up early but the kids will sleep
Til 7ish

A 5 year old and a 1 year old, I would say no later then 6am!! But I can't wait to see the expressions on their face... Priceless..

Due to traveling tomorrow, we did all that today.

The boy came barging in at 5:40.

Nah man. I would have woken up at 4am if it came to that. It was worth it!

When I was a kid we used to get up around 7 or 8 or so. Then my step-mom came in to the picture and it changed to 5:30 or so. I was never much awake at that hour and it was when I was a teenager. We have no kids, so we do all our dinner / gift exchange on Christmas Eve, and then sleep in on Christmas morning. My wife is German, so we have taken on there approach to Christmas.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Bed time, tomorrow will be starting soon

e8e8udyt.jpg

Not even getting any sleep tonight. Working an over night shift tonight for 911.

I'm sure I'll be woken up earlier than I would like to be. Usually not too bad though, so I can't complain. I can always take a nap later in the day too. :D

Our two year old wakes up around 6:15 each morning, but we are staying at my in laws' so it will probably be earlier.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

This will probably be the last year that we don't get up early, I don't think our 18 month old gets the whole Christmas thing yet.

Back