What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I played a yellow Bridgestone e6 yesterday and shot 40/40. Not my best of the year but close. As much as I love the B330RX, I really like the e6 as well. The yellow is nice also. Very easy to track in the air and find in the grass.

BogbeastUK

Reaction score
Handicap
Wilson Staff DX2 Soft for me. Started playing it because I got them as a present when I first started playing golf and liked them. They're also easy to identify on the course as I seem to be the only persone who plays them.

I like the feel off the putter more than anything - they don't jump off the face like a soft ball and seem to give me more control over my speed. Also feel better off the scoring irons and I seem to generate a little spin from them meaning that I've more chance of stopping the ball on the green rather than rolling on through.

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Wilson Staff DX2 Soft for me. Started playing it because I got them as a present when I first started playing golf and liked them. They're also easy to identify on the course as I seem to be the only persone who plays them.

I like the feel off the putter more than anything - they don't jump off the face like a soft ball and seem to give me more control over my speed. Also feel better off the scoring irons and I seem to generate a little spin from them meaning that I've more chance of stopping the ball on the green rather than rolling on through.
I've yet to play a full round with one, but I quite liked the limited practice I've had with them, considering the low price!

tailormademan

Reaction score
Handicap
Been playing Pro V1's, I switched to the Bridgestone 330 S and I have really been impressed with the durablilty of the 330 S, great distance and workability and the touch around the greens is great. I played a 2man scramble this weekend and was able to buy my team after the round on Saturday in the calcutta, got us cheap, went out on Sunday and tied low round of the day, so the 330 S was $$$$$ on Sunday, I'm going to keep playing this ball for my next couple of tournaments.

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
still gaming the 2010 E5 and it's still going good. :D

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
played the nike pd soft again today and it last 18 long holes... time to retire it since my jaws wedges ripped the cover in a few spots

Mardin

Reaction score
I played the Bridgestone300RX thanks to MattyKrak!

Ake84

Keeping my balls warm!
Reaction score
Handicap
I finally got out to test the penta, I loved the feel of the irons and the spin around the green. But I got the feeling it was a bit shorter than the prov1. I have not decided yet, will give some more time. But has anyone else felt that it was a bit on the short side?

golf4life

Grip n rip
Reaction score
Handicap
I finally got out to test the penta, I loved the feel of the irons and the spin around the green. But I got the feeling it was a bit shorter than the prov1. I have not decided yet, will give some more time. But has anyone else felt that it was a bit on the short side?
For me, the penta is significantly longer than the prov1. It all comes down to swing speed and which ball has the better compression numbers for you. The prov1 is a little easier tp compress if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
played a yellow srixon zstar thru 16 holes... love the ball but i can never go a whole round with just one of them

bert

BGSU Falcon
Reaction score
Handicap
Played a Pro v1..I usually play well with this ball. Today was average.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Again, the Srixon AD333. Really liking this ball a lot.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Nike Crush for my 9 hole league. Like the feel of the ball, get good distance off the tee and feels good around the green. Good ball for a nice price.

Which Tree?

Thirsty
Reaction score
Handicap
thinking
Been playing Top Flite Gamer V2s lately. Like them a lot (cost/performace compared to my skill level) but am going to pick up a couple dozen Wilson Staff Zips to try out... I have heard/read good things and they are really low priced right now.

Singlestick

Reaction score
Handicap
Played my singles knockout matchplay (took a 4 handicapper down 18 but he hit a wonder shot off a massive hill over 200 yards to 10 feet, game over) and thought i would put back in play a pro v1x (instead of Nike One Tour D).

Better feel, better sound (doesnt mean anything i know) and much better fell and control around greens.

DrMWP

Reaction score
Handicap
2010 Srixon Z-Star in yellow. Great ball! Nice touch around the green, easy to see. Also used a Bridgestone e6 yellow on one hole. Definitely not as soft, but no noticeable difference in length.

m-910

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
TP burner black? I think...For some reason I switch back to my B330 because I felt uneasy hitting anything else...Does that make sense?

Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
played a srixon zurc i found at the bottem of my bag would say it was longer than my z star but not as soft still got good spin with my wedges. was very durable too lasted a good 16 holes.
i then found a nxt tour and thought i would give it a go for the last few holes. seems to bomb off the driver and wasnt too bad around the greens the ball flight was alot higher than the srixon mite game it again tomorrow.

burmbuster

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought a box of Bridgestone B330-RXS balls that cost as much as my round of golf. Couldnt tell the difference between the Bridgestones and the Maxfli's that I have been playing. I think I will stick with the Maxfli's for now. I just can't justify the difference in cost.

hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I played one of the Pentas that I won from Taylormade. I used it for all 18 holes, it held up very well. I love the spin around the greens. It is much more noticeable than in some other premium balls. It also feels very good off the putter. This may replace the z star for me.

Stage12

Reaction score
Handicap
Tried some Wilson eco balls today that my buddy insisted i should hit. Probably because he was trying to get rid of them. like hitting rocks... rock off the driver, rock off the wedges.. rock off the putter.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Same as I have all season. Srixon AD333.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in