What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad to hear that your ball striking was good. even if the putts weren't falling it's hard to be too upset after a day like that.

you using your Diablo Edge yet JB? your sig still says Taylor Made?

yesterday i was 14 over (gross) on a top championship course, lost 2 balls ( a lot of water ), wasnt consistant with the driver, i found myself needing to chip out onto the fairway from bushes on 3 occasions, my iron play was shocking to say the least, but my chipping and putting was great.

Today i went to the local municipal course, was a lot of wind out there, but i wanted to improve my iron play from the previous days horrors, so the longest hitting club was a 5w.
shot a +4 (gross), was struggling to reach some par 4's in 2 without having a driver or a 3w into the head on and cross winds.

game is improving.. :)

those conditions sound brutal. i think you did well!

you using your Diablo Edge yet JB? your sig still says Taylor Made?

There is a thread somewhere about my switch to the SuperTri, it explains everything.

ok gotcha was just wondering how the Edge was working out if you were using it

Walked 18 holes at the local muni today (after working my last midnight shift)
It got up to 90°, but there was a 20mph wind all day.
I started off with 4 pars, but I knew it would not last.
I went up and down all day courting a 41 on the front and back....
What really helped was pulling the 3W in favor of the Sumo2 2H that TCalloway gave me on the Georgia outing.
That thing is AWESOME!!! Thanks TC!!
I will be converting my Sumo2 3H & 4H to match the weighting of the 2H..

The other notable aspect was that I played some Tour I's that friend gave me....
Those are some pretty nice balls.....

I am sitting here typing this on 4 hours sleep since Wednesday morning....
About time for bed.....

bama

Re: What did you shoot today?

Walked today. 95 in Gilbert AZ and bees everywhere lol. Shot 43 on a par 32. Funny thi g was I was waiting every tee after hole #1 behind a single. I dont normally fret about slow play but when the guy is hitting 4 balls a hole an wont let me play through i gt a lil annoyed. Tried Nike One Tour D's. Not the ball i was fitted for but i have a few sleeves. Loved them. But not sure im good enough yet. Is that happen to anyone before? Awesome around the green. Im not gonna blame the slow play for my bad day today. I Just couldnt get it going. Hit some nice shots. Was 1 under through 3. Birdied a par 5 after reaching in 2. Then right on everything. Lol. Good times!

9 holes. Shot 5-over. Hit 6 of the 9 greens in reg, but I putted terribly. In fact, I missed all 6 of the birdie putts and 3-putted four different times. I hardly ever 3 putt, but something just wasn't right today.

94. Driver went crazy. I could not figure out how to play different shots. Namely the downhill short sided chip shot. 80's are not far away.

Shot 41-39 80 with three three putts. Hit the ball really well off the tee but could not get the ball close to the hole today (Friday).

Another weak effort, 41 on the front 9.

5/7 FWS
1/9 GIRS
14 Putts
1 Double
1 Bird
3 Pars
4 Bogeys

So far I havent shot anything but Ive got my eye on one of the two dogs, they eat too much, mess up my lawn and wake me up when Im trying to sleep during the day.

are their names dogleg left and dogleg right?
So far I havent shot anything but Ive got my eye on one of the two dogs, they eat too much, mess up my lawn and wake me up when Im trying to sleep during the day.

Started on the back shot 41 and then shot 47 on the back to shoot 88. I was playing really well and then started the back double-double

Shot a 103 today but could of scored much better. ( yea I know) I hit about 10-12 or so "dumb shots" ( explained on another thread )that kept me from doing better. Today's problem was lifting my head and rushing my shot. I must of scuffed 5 shots today that all rolled about 10 yards each. Every time the next shot was almost perfect which was nice to see but frustrating to experience. I think I am rushing myself to hit the shot, something I need to work on for sure.

Played today with biggsy, Mrs biggsy, and GG. Played a new course for all of us and it was GORGEOUS. It also kicked our a******. We had no idea how to play this course and took far too many strokes off the tee. Strugged to a mid-eighties score, but it was a blast out there.

has anybody played laura s walker in waycross any hard or tough challenging holes

Played today with biggsy, Mrs biggsy, and GG. Played a new course for all of us and it was GORGEOUS. It also kicked our a******. We had no idea how to play this course and took far too many strokes off the tee. Strugged to a mid-eighties score, but it was a blast out there.

It really was just a beautiful course. We all had such a great time. I shot my best round I think ever. I shot a 115 and I was beyond thrilled with that because my ball found the water and the woods a lot so I had a lot of drops through the day. I had the best time today. Biggsy and Mrs. Biggsy are awesome to play with and Mrs. Biggsy and I shared a cart and had so much fun out there and man can she hit the ball far.

It really was just a beautiful course. We all had such a great time. I shot my best round I think ever. I shot a 115 and I was beyond thrilled with that because my ball found the water and the woods a lot so I had a lot of drops through the day. I had the best time today. Biggsy and Mrs. Biggsy are awesome to play with and Mrs. Biggsy and I shared a cart and had so much fun out there and man can she hit the ball far.

Way to go GG!!!! glad to see you got out and had fun!!!

Way to go GG!!!! glad to see you got out and had fun!!!

Thanks WR! It really was such a great time out there today. I was jumping up and down like a child after a few of my shots. I don't see really great shots all that often so when I have them I celebrate like a child haha.

It is good to let the little kid in us out at times. I was proud of myself todayas well. Just went out to have fun, let someone else keep score. Overall hit the ball better, that was until the alcohol kicked in around hole 15 or 16 :D

Congrats again GG! (I posted in the other thread as well!)

Great Job GG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back