What did you shoot today?

I don't want to say the score, because it's not reflective of the shockingly disgusting terribleness that was my game after the first 9. Ability to salvage a score versus most when not being able to hit the ball solid, or straight, in any direction, +5000. SG off the tee or fairway versus a bogey golfer with massive driver issues, -5.

Horrific. Body is in full revolt and praying for an inland hurricane that shuts down both work and golf.

First Bogey free round today!
Should have taken more time on the putts and could have set a new PB! Tied my current one but was having a blast cruising through the course in just over 2 hours.:) Fairways, greens, up & downs also set marks.

First bogey free is a BIG ONE. Congrats man, that's awesome!

39&41 hit the ball so we'll but I have a 50 degree gap wedge that's going on the penalty box 3 shots straight up in the air and only went 90 yards I knew I should not have ordered the gap wedge to go with iron set lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40/40 = 80 today. I was +3 after 14, then blew up on 15 and 16. 15 is a par 3, 157 yds with wind in my face - hit my 160 club and absolutely nuked it, clear over the back of the green and into a crappy lie in the dirt, ended up with a double. Hit a great tee shot on 16, but it rolled just into the left rough. Hit a solid 7 iron for my approach shot, but the rough caught my club and jerked the clubface open - it ended up being a solid shot deep into somebody's backyard right of the course. Hit #4 onto the green, then topped it off with a 3 putt for triple. Went from +3 to +8 in two holes, then finished 17 and 18 par/bogey.

9/14 FW, 9/18 GIR, 33 putts. 1 birdie, 10 pars, 5 bogeys, a double and a triple.

Played a round today after a few weeks off. What a slog. Very little joy this round... topping balls, shanking balls, etc.

Played yesterday, managed to get in 18. 46 out 42 in 88., 7 pars. Solid day for me. Handicap down from 17.7 to 17.2 First day using shot scope, very sobering story in some regards and exciting in others. Of course it's just one day of data but you have to hit the shots. My 5 wood average around 243, while my driver was 219. :ROFLMAO:

Benchmark against 15 handicaps.

1665255864571.png

Couple of holes from my round.

1665256085556.png

1665256125070.png

1665256159250.png

Attachments

• 1665256187120.png
    1665256187120.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
92 shot-34pts.
Weather has turned,getting colder so ball not travelling true distance.Noticed at least 10-15 yard drop off.
Also greens are stopping balls so much quicker,bump and runs holding up and chips grabbing.

My driving is best its prob been also iron play is getting there but from 100-70 yards in was a nightmare.Prob going back to using a PW rather than 54 degree.

55/45 100.

Another 100 score but on a tougher course. Had 6 GIR - one of those leading to a birdie - and a couple more approach shots on the fringe - all of those from my old relic 80's blades. Hybrids were on. Driver was hard to control and lost a couple tee shots out of bounds. 3-putted too often, but that's my game.

Started to find my chipping stroke the 2nd time through the course which led to a much better nine-hole score.

Not sure what to think about my Hogan Radials. I don't hit them solidly as often as I do my SGI (duh!) but do seem to hit them fairly straight. I had 6 GIRs today following the 5 the other day when I played them for the first time. It was 40° this morning and I definitely felt a couple of those mishits. Going to use them on my other home course hopefully tomorrow before replacing them with my regular irons for whatever golf is left for the season.

Fall colors are really starting to pop up here. The scenery was nice even if the golf wasn't great. :)

Played pretty well today. Shot a 38-36-74 with a double, 2 bogies, and 2 birdies. The double was a bladed bunker shot OB. Need to work on my sand game since that is by far the worst part of my game currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad driving day
42/45=87 Doubled 3 par 5’s. 2 OB and one in a hazard.
I did birdie 18, so I’ll be back!

92 yesterday. Started out all bundled up in mid 30'sF weather. Then it got windy. The greens were freshly aerated, and the ball wouldn't bite on approaches, hitting the sand and the sand grains acting like little ball bearings. I actually saw little reverse rooster tails a couple times as hard spinning shots threw up sand in front of them every time they skipped on the green. Had to start playing run ups, which were hard to calculate because they had turned on the sprinklers for a few minutes to melt the hard frost...Putting was tough.....

Played with a missing THP'r yesterday and it was really good to see him again! Keep him in your thoughts please.

He was asking for pops on the first tee box, and I was asking for pops by the ninth...golf:D
All over the place yesterday and a triple on a par 3 :oops:. Was a great time and need more rounds/time with this guy.
Screenshot_20221009-085227_Messages.jpg

One of my weird opening hole stretches
Bird DBL Bird Bird DBL bogey Par Par Par

I walked 9 & it was beautiful out:)thats not dormant Bermuda- thats burnt to a crisp, no rain in 80 days Bermuda:oops:20221007_152334.jpg

51/47 98. Only 3 GIR but chipping was much better today after some adjustments. I think it's back to where it had been before the decline. Lot's of 2-way misses with the driver. Hybrids were unbelievably accurate even from poor lies. Full-swing irons were solid (3 GIR, but several nGIR). Putting ended up getting better as the round progressed but I still had a few short 3-putts... there's no excuse for that nonsense, Lol. Had 3 blowup holes to go with a lot of bogeys and only a couple pars.

Beautiful fall morning to walk 18. Not sure how the courses aren't packed.

Fall2022_18th.jpg

Where do I start...

Range this morning was pretty bad. Started bogey-double-bogey-double-bogey. Pars on 6,7 & 8. Made a 8 foot putt for bogey on 9. If you weren't keeping track, that's an eight over 44. Drive on 10 is on the left side of the fairway and my friend in the cart shows me this:

Screenshot_20221009_142323.jpg

We laugh. I birdie 10. Burn the edge and par 11. Birdie 12. Hit a really fat 6 iron on the par 3 13th. Figure it's just short of the green or maybe, maybe on the front edge. Drive up to the green and it's 6 inches from the hole. Tap in bird. Pitch hits the hole and the stick knocks it out on 14, I make a five footer for par. Birdie on 15. Left my 30 foot birdie putt an inch short on 16. Pars on 17 and 18. My previous best score for 9 holes was 36, so I beat that by four.

That's right. I went 44/32 for a 76. New personal best 18 hole score by two, new best 18 hole score to par by one.

Screenshot_20221009_142443.jpg

51/50 for a 101 on the course I shot 122 last time on. I'm still struggling with putting and off the tee but my irons and UW save my butt.

44 / 37 - 81

Double and triple on the front 9. Ugh. Couple of birdies on the back. Missed 2 makable putts. Could have been my first sub-par back 9.

Awesome day for golf!

Tale of 2 nines today. Shot 55/44 for a 99 at Country Club of New Bedford. I started with a par and a bogey and felt really good. Then the wind and greens got to me. It’s the first time I’ve ever played there, and my game did not travel from the usual munis and semi privates I normally play especially around the greens. Forced myself to forget the bad front nine and did better on the back.

On the good side I missed an ace by 2 feet. Put my PW to here from 110. Tap in birdie.

Par 71 39/41=80 10FIR 9GIR and 35 putts. Putter was better than what the putt count shows, made a lot of 6-7 footers to save par.

47-45=92

48 putts. FOURTY EIGHT
And I really struggled off the tees
Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

47-45=92

48 putts. FOURTY EIGHT
And I really struggled off the tees
Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?
Bummer about the putts but awesome reference to one of my favorite expressions!!! 😀

Back