What did you shoot today?

36/36-72 with two birdies and two bogies on the front, nine pars on the back with two birdie putts lipping out.

48/46 - 94 According to GHIN the course was playing about 2.5 strokes harder yesterday than usual due to soft conditions in places and very firm conditions in other place. It was difficult to figure out what course condition you had under the ball, what kind of turf interaction you were going to get, so this isn't going to adversely affect my HC. We're heading into fall conditions, preferred lies start in 4 days.

Landed in 4 bunkers. Got out in 1 each time for a change because I changed the technique. Shout out to Danny Maude on Youtube who directly answered my trolling question on bunker videos. You know the video where they show you how to get out of a nice perfectly manicured bunker in one shot. My troll: "That's nice, but I play a public muni and the bunkers are like concrete. If I try that my club bounces off and I skull the ball over the green or it takes me two or three shots to barely get out. What should I do?"

"To get out of those, use the same technique except hood the club a little," he replied.

Well, my playing partner used the standard splash shot and took 2 shots or 1 and barely got out. Me? 1 shot and was on the green. Granted it wasn't a perfect bunker shot, but it was out of the bunker and on the green.

I also learned that FIRs are overrated. I hit 71%. It's how well you hit your approach shot that matters. My short game killed me.

Last edited:
Teamed up with my 22 yr old son in a 2 man best ball. Shot a 6 under for the win........ he eagled one par 5 and birdied two others. I had a bird on a 156 yd par 3, a chip in for bird on a 378 yd par 4. Great day...........

45/44 - 89.

Front 9 I had 3 pars, 3 bogey, and 3 double. The doubles were on holes 2,3, & 4. I topped the ball off the tee on all three, odd b/c I've been hitting driver really well lately. I pulled it together and was only +3 the last 5 holes.

Back 9 I played pretty well, but had 2 doubles. One I busted my tee shot rught down the middle and was sitting 105 out, off course I chunk a wedge into water for penalty. The other one I guess I lost focus or something.

There's always missed putts or something that could have gotten me a little lower, but I was pretty happy with the way I hit it most of the day.

Shot a 43 on the front 9 at South Hampton, in Jax. First time ever I got my HDCP down below 18, 17.9 lol.

Blues
South-Hampton-Score-card-1.png

Last edited:
First time out in six months, second round of the year. Absolutely no clue on the front nine 6 bogeys, 2 doubles, and polished it off with an ugly triple for +13 49. Went to the back nine and yanked tee shot into 18th fairway, and topped my 200 yd approach about 60 yd. Then out of nowhere I hit a solid 8 iron into green center and saved bogey. After that golf happened, with 6 pars and 2 birdies topped with a 50 foot sink on the 18th, for -1 35 on the back. 49/35-84. I think my largest gap on 9's ever.

Shot 47 for 9 from the whites at North Bellingham Golf Course. Had 4 pars which was awesome, but also had 4 doubles. 3 of those were due to lost ball penalties, but the other was just poor chipping. Some positives to take away though, so feel good about that.

Absolutely no clue on the front nine 6 bogeys, 2 doubles, and polished it off with an ugly triple for +13 49. Went to the back nine...Then out of nowhere...golf happened, with 6 pars and 2 birdies topped with a 50 foot sink on the 18th, for -1 35 on the back. 49/35-84.

Played awful in the short, short game as far as chip shots go and it left me some bad putts. Shot a 90. Should have been around an 81-83. First time on that course so it will be better next round.

104 at a harder course than my 122 last round. I just have to get off the tee better

Sank a 20 footer for bridie on a hole, made some pars. Played well just need to get off the tee cleaner

Last edited:
Joined a very last minute two day stroke play event at my course and shot 78. Had a good amount of greens and fairways, gave myself nothing really makeable and had some stupid three putts from cross country. It is what it is, I’m not sad about it considering I am plugged 2/3 of my tee shots from the fairway.

Not a long course, not a tough course, not as much wind as forecast. Started out +5 on the front, which considering how bad my pain is today, I wasn't at all displeased. Blew up on the back, ended up shooting an 88 because my driving game abandoned me. Still not going to grumble too much, I made some quality pitches, chips and sandies. Really starting to really like these CBX Zipcores, They may be GI wedges, but I can open up the face and do everything else in the same manner I did with RTX's and Vokeys..

46/40 for an 86. Pretty pleased with that actually considering I was 5 over after the first 3 holes. 5 GIR, 2 birdies and 7 pars is always is a good day for me.

37 - 36 - 73. 4 birdies, 9 pars and 5 bogeys.

Awful. 44/51 for a 95. Range work yesterday did not transfer to the course. Swing just didn't feel right. I really want to be in the mid to low 80s by December. I know I have the game in me, just need to get my consistency there.

45/40 for an 85 yesterday. I think that makes my third 85 in a row, but I keep arriving at it by different math. :LOL:

Almost didn’t play today. Woke up at 5 with really bad back pain but still went and played after taking some Advil. Played pretty well since I slowed my swing down due to my back. Shot a 36-38-74 with 2 birdies, 2 bogies, and a double. Hopefully my back is better by next weekend since it is our member guest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awful. 44/51 for a 95. Range work yesterday did not transfer to the course. Swing just didn't feel right. I really want to be in the mid to low 80s by December. I know I have the game in me, just need to get my consistency there.
Lots of time until December 👊. You’ll be ready.

41/42 for a nice 83 for me. Started out with 3 doubles so thought it was going to be a tough round but ended up as one of the better ones of the season for me. Could of probably reached my 2 year goal of breaking 80 if would not have started out with all the doubles. Hit all but 2 fairways with the driver so that was really working for me. Irons started out a little rusty but they started working as well and hit 10 GIR, also had not penalties and only 1 3 putt.

Back