What glove do you use?

TwoSolitudes

Swingin' for the fences
Reaction score
Here is Bridgestone claiming you can get 9 more yards with this glove. Count me as suspicious.

Bridgestone Golf Inner Edge Glove 2009

# Endorsed by Will MacKenzie, extreme athlete and PGA Tour Professional
# Innovative Tryt 3000TS material, positioned inside and outside the glove, contains a highly adhesive resin, providing double the gripping power
# Tryt 3000TS becomes increasingly adhesive with moisture, improving your grip during your round
# Tryt 3000TS material is thin and breathable for a comfortable feel
# Designed for a snug fit to allow golfers to lighten their grip pressure to promote a faster swing speed and increased distance*
# Glove construction also aids arthritis sufferers
# Available: Men's LH (reg/cadet) * Our testing shows participants using this glove are able to decrease their grip pressure and increase their swing speed because of the secure grip this glove provides, allowing them to gain a distance average of 9 yards.

Do you believe this? Do you have a glove preference? I use Wilson Staff gloves, mostly because they come with the little ball marker which I like. But I find that any glove I use at the same price level feels about the same.

I use FJ StaSof gloves and love their fit/feel. I doubt a glove could gain any more noticeable yardage

I use a titleist permasoft, and I really dislike it. I bought it during last season and it is already trashed. I will stick to $6 gloves from now on, unless there is a real winner out there.

# Available: Men's LH (reg/cadet) * Our testing shows participants using this glove are able to decrease their grip pressure and increase their swing speed because of the secure grip this glove provides, allowing them to gain a distance average of 9 yards.

Do you believe this?
Get a group of hackers together. Measure three drives each. Hand them a new glove and tell them to grip it easier prior to their next three swings. Voila: 9 extra yards. I can believe that.

I play :taylormade: gloves, because they happen to fit me perfectly.

Just bought a FootJoy Sci-Flex. It's super soft and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I also have Nike and TM gloves and they are just fine.

I don't know about a glove giving you extra yards. I'm if it's just grip pressure then you can work on that with any glove out there. I wear FJ Sciflex gloves since they fit and feel well on my fat palms. I'm trying out the new Spdr's from FJ to see if I can save some money and get better wear out of them.

I currently game a Bionic Classic, but I am looking for something cheaper. Haven't decided what yet though.

I currently game a Bionic Classic, but I am looking for something cheaper. Haven't decided what yet though.

Try the Sciflex. Has a lot of the same qualities. Hell of a lot cheaper.

I stopped wearing a glove when I realized I actually play better without one. Call me crazy (everyone else does)...

FJ right now, but usually Callaway. Only peice of Callaway equipment i'll probably ever use.

I stopped wearing a glove when I realized I actually play better without one. Call me crazy (everyone else does)...

same here china, except my reasons for not wearing one was that i have a difficult time finding a glove big enough for a lefty (right hand). if i buy the xl it's too tight and extremely uncomfortable. they say they can order me one but too me i'm not sure it's worth it.

Sci-Flex for me too.

I use either the TaylorMade pink glove or the pink Nike. I'm not sure which I like better, but I think the Nikes have more padding where I need it most :)

I like the FJs with the mesh back--don't know what model that is.

I'm with Tcalloway--hard enough finding a glove for my right hand in my size. I can't be picky about the brand.

I also love the FJ's with the soft leather. Comfy.

Normally, I use Nike gloves but switched to a Taylor Made glove because it was on sale. I'm not sure I believe Bridgestone's claim of more yardage. I would be curious to try it though.

FootJoy WeatherSof.

Love 'em! :thumb:

-JP

a glove that helps you gain 9 more yards? sweeeeeeet...
my brothers bought the bionics and they didnt last very long... and they cost as much as 5 regular gloves...
as for me... i currently rotate 5 sets... my hands sweat really bad...
ive gone thru fj's/callaways/nikes/titleists/even el cheapos... as long as they fit snug and dont cost alot ill buy them... i go thru alot of gloves

I wear FJ's StaSof, very comfortable glove and fits perfect. If I wore 2 gloves could I get 18 extra yards. :D

same here china, except my reasons for not wearing one was that i have a difficult time finding a glove big enough for a lefty (right hand). if i buy the xl it's too tight and extremely uncomfortable. they say they can order me one but too me i'm not sure it's worth it.

I found that when I wear a glove I tend to pull most shots to the left. No glove...and I hit it straight.

btw...love your avatar

I do not wear a glove when I play.I do use one when I practice and it is an FJ Stasof

Back