What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I also bought a nerdy hat that says 'PING 127.0.0.1' on it.

Powerbilt Corona Lime Wedge putter and I am hoping the infamous Taylormade R9 deal!

That's when something is more than famous right? :D

Bought some ZeroFriction tees last night. Drank the Kool-aid I guess. lol

I love these tees because I've had 'em for a month and haven't broken or lost 1 yet. Every other brand I've tried either get snapped or fly 10 yards ahead or behind me and I don't find it.

there should be about 50 posts of R9 AW's here over the next week or so.....haha

Bought a Nickent ARC 58* wedge from rockbottom for $20. Is it any good??

I had a Nickent driver for a while and loved it. Haven't had any experience with their wedges, was a nice company though!

I have the 50, 54, 58. I like them. Great values and pretty good wedges too. First few weeks was the honeymoon. I still like them a lot, just need to practice more. A good ball strike feels really nice on the club. They stop shots really good too!

just ordered a bushnell yardage pro XGC for $209 from the GPS store. it was $150 cheaper than the skycaddie i was looking at - and some here say they like it better. Plus the yearly fees and subscriptions are much cheaper.

New x100 shafts came today, getting closer!

New x100 shafts came today, getting closer!

What made you go with those rather than the s100's that were fitted for your swing?

What made you go with those rather than the s100's that were fitted for your swing?

The x's were the ones fitted for my swing.

My recommendations were DG x100, PROJ X 6.5, or KBS X.

So I went with DGx100's

EDIT: I had made a mistake in my thread. It was suposed to be x100 not s100.

Good eye Dirt_Guy!

The x's were the ones fitted for my swing.

My recomendations were DG x100, PROJ X 6.5, or KBS X.

So I went with DGx100's

Ah. Did you edit your other thread because I was almost sure it said s100?

Ah. Did you edit your other thread because I was almost sure it said s100?

Just did a few min ago. Thanks for catching that!

Finally drank the kool aid. Had to settle for a floor model as you can see a small scratch and a couple if tiny scuff marks but nothing that should affect the playability. Plus it got me another 20$ off. Edit: Quick question, I just noticed a tiny ding below off to the side by the red of the agsi insert. This won't affect playability will it? I assume as long as the insert is ok the playability should be ok? I don't wanna be too picky they gave me good money for my old putter plus 20$ off this one, but I also don't want something that is gonna function below optimum. The looks I don't really care about.

Putter004-1.jpg

Putter001-2.jpg

Last edited:
Bought some golf balls. Dick's had a deal on Srixon Soft Feel. 2 dozen for $30. Not that I really needed golf balls, but I like to stock up when I can get a good deal.

Got a new FJ StaSof today!

I scored me some :taylormade: R9-TPs from TGW via Amazon this morning! Unbelievable deal!!

It had shafts that I don't like, so I bought some TT-DGs to go with instead, from craigslist!

I bought some nice grips for them too, those Golf Pride dual color (Red&Black) ones, from golfsmith!

And to protect this fabulous investment, I ordered some iron headcovers from ebay.

+ On my way back from work I bought a new nike golfbag, as my old one was getting kind of ratty, and it doesn't look good enough for the new sticks!

I went into overdraft with my debit card to pay for this stuff, but I get paid on friday. I hope my wife won't find out!

I made another decision also! I broke up with my regular group for my weekend muni rounds. Called all three of them during lunchtime. They seemed ticked off, but I don't want to be seen with those non-TP-iron playing hacks no more! I am gonna play some nice courses now with this new set!

Life is good!:banana:

I scored me some :taylormade: R9-TPs from TGW via Amazon this morning! Unbelievable deal!!

Would that be the too good to be true deal that they aren't honoring?

It had shafts that I don't like, so I bought some TT-DGs to go with instead, from craigslist!

I bought some nice grips for them too, those Golf Pride dual color (Red&Black) ones, from golfsmith!

And to protect this fabulous investment, I ordered some iron headcovers from ebay.

+ On my way back from work I bought a new nike golfbag, as my old one was getting kind of ratty, and it doesn't look good enough for the new sticks!

I went into overdraft with my debit card to pay for this stuff, but I get paid on friday. I hope my wife won't find out!

I made another decision also! I broke up with my regular group for my weekend muni rounds. Called all three of them during lunchtime. They seemed ticked off, but I don't want to be seen with those non-TP-iron playing hacks no more! I am gonna play some nice courses now with this new set!

Life is good!:banana:

getting the email saying the r9 tp "unbelievable" deal has been canceled... priceless haha

That's a great looking putter Jrod!

And nicely done v3.0.... I was really getting concerned for you until I saw the original post and noted the smiley. Wow...

Not that I really needed golf balls, but I like to stock up when I can get a good deal.

I hear that. I stocked up on 6 dozen TriSpeeds when they were 2/$30 earlier this year. Given away more than I've lost and I still have about 3 1/2 dozen remaining. By the time I run out, they should be available in yellow like the Z-Stars.

Got a new cart bag at Dick's the other day. My Tour Edge GeoMax busted a zipper after only 4 months of use, so I returned it to the store I bought it. Datrek Edge bag was on sale for $99.99, plus I had a coupon for $15 off from my Entertainment Book.

Nice pick ups Ken and JRod!!!!!!!!! V3 lol..

Edit: Slo that glove is nice!!!!!! I'm testing it out now and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back