What golf stuff did you learn today?

I learned that 110yds is not my number and no matter how fun hitting driver is. Sometimes it's better to hit to 140 than it is to leave myself with a shot i feel so uncomfortable with

I learned how a strong and weak grip affect my ball flight and more to the point, am surprised I was able to see a difference. Strong grip gets more roll and weak grip throws the ball higher in the air. I've been trying to figure out a swing that can lower ball flight and get roll out and this may be a good way to do it.

I also learned I am moving way too far off the ball. Turn in a barrel and all that.

I learned that now matter how hard I try, I cannot, during the course of my backswing/downswing, maintain the posture necessary for solid ballstriking 100% of the time. Maybe more like 50% of the time. I'll either have to accept that half of my shots will always be lousy, or commit to some radical course of fitness and/or golf instruction.

I'm not adverse to the idea of committing to fitness and intensive instruction, but it seems to me that my current level of fitness+instruction+practice should have yielded much better results, so I wonder if an even greater commitment is just a fools errand. Hmmmmm.......

I learned today that interlock might be the way to go.

^^^ What Jman posted. That video is so good. I knew nothing about that until watching TO explain it.

Do not use my SW from the short stuff. GW is much better.

I had a great day today, I learned that my swing didn't look nearly as bad as I thought and all I really need to concentrate on for consistent results is to make sure my swing plane is high enough.

Lots if other stuff to worry about going forward, not least my lack of distance but for now I'm going with short and straight

Sprinkler heads do not result in a kind bounce.

I learned I need to quit reading the tips section in golf mags. I'll just keep my ugly ass swing that has shot 2 79's this year and keep it at that.

I learned that I have a long way to go to get back to the point where I am happy with my game. These 3 weeks off have killed me and it showed when I got back out today for a semi-round. Everything from tee game to irons to wedges to putting needs to be worked on before I break my partners back at the Bear Trap

That I shouldn't complain about not hitting shots on the course that I don't practice.

I learned that I have a long way to go to get back to the point where I am happy with my game. These 3 weeks off have killed me and it showed when I got back out today for a semi-round. Everything from tee game to irons to wedges to putting needs to be worked on before I break my partners back at the Bear Trap

My back is good. I've got the Serola belt.

My back is good. I've got the Serola belt.

Pack extra ice and pain killers! Luckily, I found some things to build on today and I also learned to not dwell on the negative, but learn from it and embrace the positives. Golf is much more fun when you are having a good time and not taking it too seriously, especially when coming off the pine for 3 weeks.

BTW, you the man #Cookie. I needed that! And that wasn't just learned today.

I learned I NEED to play to my strengths to help me minimize mistakes on the course.

I took a lesson today and learned I need to work on my balance among my other usual swing flaws. I got some great tips from the PGA Pro at our new course and look forward to working with him again. He made me feel great about my swing and my potential to become a single digit handicap. I need to get back out there and get to work on it.

I took a lesson today and learned I need to work on my balance among my other usual swing flaws. I got some great tips from the PGA Pro at our new course and look forward to working with him again. He made me feel great about my swing and my potential to become a single digit handicap. I need to get back out there and get to work on it.
It's great to have you kicking around here again KB! Bill too!

After having a horrible range session I learned that the early release in my swing is killing me. Big thanks to Freddie for pointing out the issue. Now I need to figure out how to implement the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I learned that I really need to learn how to hit hybrids and fairway woods. All parts of my game are terrible, but those are particularly horrid.

That I'm happy with every area of game except ball striking. It's close and I'm seeing it on the range, so it's getting there.

I learned that there is a fine line between playing smart and playing scared.

I learned that there is a fine line between playing smart and playing scared.
Well said here, I learned this yesterday and when I actually shook off the nerves and just swung the club I hit some really good shots. When my brain got in the way that'd when I got in trouble.

On another note, I learned that the Bridgestone B330 RX is my ball and will be for the near future. The responsiveness on and near the green was extremely impressive, short chips and pitches checked and released very nicely. Can't wait to get back out there and give this ball some more testing.

Back