What is your favorite dog breed and why?

Wiener dogs. House alarm in a small body. Hogs the bed though. Have to be careful of their back.

I've had two dogs for extended periods of time in my life. Both rescues, both female, both some sort of shepherd/lab mix. Both good natured, loyal dogs. Charlie the Brown Dog & I share a birthday (close enough), she will be 7 this year already. Super sweet dog, not too bright. Loves everyone. Doesn't bark, especially when the other neighborhood dogs are going nuts. Does bark if someone walks down the sidewalk while we are outside. She does shed almost year round but likes to be brushed. Pretty good dog.

Golden retrievers, German Shepard’s, and Huskies.

But also, dogs. Anything but the little yappy dogs though. Those, please no.

Favorite since I was a kid is Bulldog.

They are sloppy, lazy, only want to be with their family, highly protective, want to always cuddle with you, and so lovable.

My girl is getting old, but she is a baby.

C6FD658E-F2F8-4E29-9E37-BB1EB17237A7.jpeg

I have mostly been a Lab guy, but when the wife and I got a Westie all bets were off. Amazing little dogs with astounding personality. She is gone now and not sure we will get another dog for a while.

Going to show my age here a bit. Was my favorite growing up.

Not sure I’ll ever own anything but Goldendoodle’s now. Amazing dogs, sharp as a tack, and so very good with kids.

And they don't shed, right?

First I like all dogs.

But my favorite is Shelties. I have 4 currently.
They are smart (too smart at times), obedient, furry, loving, and challenging (their quirks)
Youngest 2 run Agility & the other 2 are Hospice & Therapy trained.

Before I had my OG in 2000, I love Huskies & Dobermans.
Grandpa had a Dobbie. Because of this dog, I am not afraid of any dog.
Then again, if a dog is mad & barking, I'm not walking up to it.

I was taking a walk in the park by my office yesterday during lunch. I saw this sign. Maybe dogs really are people.

A5545BA8-7ECC-408C-8A45-FC0BCF6FF28D.jpeg

I've always been more of a cat guy.

However, my Wife has always had Border Collies. Man, those are stupid smart dogs. We have three, and they're a handful.

3 BCs.JPG

I love all dogs, but if I had to pick one breed, it would be a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I had one and fell madly in love with Megan. I got her as a puppy and helped in her training as a bird dog, both waterfowl and upland birds. She was like my own child. We had our ups and downs over the years, but she was as loyal and loving as any animal/person could be. Her papered name was Cinder's Song Megan.
She's been gone for almost 20 years now and I still really miss her. I haven't had another dog since her and I don't think I ever will.

This isn't her but she looked just like this stock photo for reference.

download.jpg

#SmallMunsterlander

Hunting machine and great temperament in the home.

IMG_20191119_122645.jpg

Right now I'd have to say German Shepherd, because Kai is my current "Best Dog I've Ever Had". This guy is by far the smartest, and most loyal dog I've ever had, and that is going up against some stiff competition. He is, like every dog I've had for the last 20+ years, a rescue dog.

Kai 4-9-20_s.jpg

Yellow Labs. We’ve had two and they are smart, mellow, funny, and loyal.

Having had a black lab as a kid growing up and a chocolate now... we will be getting yellow lab for our next... ALL LABS MATTER!

Pretty much all dogs.

But dogs that don't shed more importantly.

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers .... they are smart, good hunting dog, loyal & protective of family. Just fun to be around, as long as you have water or a ball in your hand, they are happy.

I'm a fan of most all dogs. I'm not big on German Shepherds and hate the little Mexican Jumping Bean Chihuahuas. They've got to be the most yappy little things ever.

I love Doberman, I've owned 2. So completely loyal, protective, and beautiful dogs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1596128238261.jpg
    FB_IMG_1596128238261.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
I had a yellow lab that I got as a teen. He was such a great dog. I have never owned a dog since. I live by myself and am getting tired of being by myself all the time, so I am considering it.

Going to show my age here a bit. Was my favorite growing up.

I literally have an underdog photo on my desktop that I was going to use as my avatar. Used to use him back in the day on forums.
Always root for the underdog! :cool:

Back