What is your favorite dog breed and why?

Labs and Blue Heelers. (but I love all breeds)

Labs can be the smartest & dumbest dogs all at the same time, and always entertaining.

My mixed Blue Heeler runs the house. She is very protective, and she thinks that she is the mother to my grand kids and will tug them away from anything that seems dangerous to her. She's only 29 lbs. but when she get's in the mood, she will herd up my two 80 lb. Labs in a micro second. They will sit there frozen and "bug eyed" until the wife or I call her off, because they know they will get a nip to the rump if they move. :oops:

I’m shocked to say this but I’ve really enjoyed small dogs. Currently we have 2 mini schnauzers and their personalities make up for their small size
7BEFF781-E732-4A18-8354-1D58AB6ACFB3.jpeg

Labs. Special fondness for yellow labs. Great family dogs, great with kids, insanely loyal, patient, fun, playful...just a great all around breed.

Boxers... because of their personality, athleticism, loyalty, family protection nature and their playful / goofy clown side.

My two Boxer knuckleheads. They are quite the pair! The male is 96 lbs and the female is 84 lbs. Same sire, two different dams.

ig1XNvo.jpg

akUfli4.jpg

Of the working dogs I've had, my blue heelers were top notch, Collies & never seemed to get along for whatever reason. Now, we've had 3 labs (2 yellows & a chocolate) and they've been good dogs. Our current yellow is know all around the course since he walks with me a good bit in the afternoons.
But, we're almost out of having dogs.

I din't even know there was such a thing. I'd like to see a photo of her if you have any.

It’s not a very common mix but we’ve seen a few. Ours was a happy accident when our friends dog walker left a Doberman and a Boxer unattended in the same room....
9F54AA19-E006-4917-A488-7F3770540AA0.jpegFABBB5FF-192D-47D8-8834-D6A53FA53AC0.jpeg

I found a forum for basset hounds , and this story about Sluggo and the dishwasher is the funniest thing I have read in ages. Our 25 lb puppy is eyeing up the dishwasher drawer so we are warned!

Go Sluggo. Bassets rule! :egyptian:

I am a big fan of the "gentle giants" St Bernard, Mastiff lines, Great Pyrenees, Leonberger, Newfoundland etc.

We chose to get a Bernese Mountain Dog in 2011 due to their stunning markings, excellent temperment (expecially with children) and lack of drool. Newfoundland came in second but too much drool for us. We absoluetly love our Berner. She is 9 years old and showing her age. Hoping to have her another 1-3 years before old age or cancer get the best of her.

Our 2nd dog is a golden retriever. Lovable and dumb. My kids and wife love him and he will snuggle you so hard! lol!

Shelter dogs! I grew up with mutts and keep the tradition alive. We just lost our last pup Wyoming, who was predominately lab, but we’ll be going back to the shelter to find the next misfit for our family.
A22F043D-2BE0-42F3-9949-56321EEF3C31.jpeg

I am a big fan of the "gentle giants" St Bernard, Mastiff lines, Great Pyrenees, Leonberger, Newfoundland etc.

We chose to get a Bernese Mountain Dog in 2011 due to their stunning markings, excellent temperment (expecially with children) and lack of drool. Newfoundland came in second but too much drool for us. We absoluetly love our Berner. She is 9 years old and showing her age. Hoping to have her another 1-3 years before old age or cancer get the best of her.

Our 2nd dog is a golden retriever. Lovable and dumb. My kids and wife love him and he will snuggle you so hard! lol!
One of our dogs looks a lot like a Leonberger but he is half the size of one at around 60 pounds and we have no idea what he is a mix of. Maybe some Newfie in there. He is 14 and dealing with arthritis in his old age.
IMG_0191.jpeg

I see people in my neighborhood who have Bernese Mountain Dogs and I'm so jealous. I'd love to have one. We almost got one from a shelter but she was gone the day we inquired about her.

One of our dogs looks a lot like a Leonberger but he is half the size of one at around 60 pounds and we have no idea what he is a mix of. Maybe some Newfie in there. He is 14 and dealing with arthritis in his old age.
View attachment 8956164

I see people in my neighborhood who have Bernese Mountain Dogs and I'm so jealous. I'd love to have one. We almost got one from a shelter but she was gone the day we inquired about her.

You have a beautiful pup there! It is extremely hard to find a Berner in a shelter. There are many Berner groups across the country and they have a whole rescue network and rehoming system to ensure Berners never end up in a shelter (or at least not for long). If youre looking to find a rescue, get involved with your local Bernese association and they can help you find one looking for a home.

Golden Retriever. I couldn't say anything about this breed that hasn't already been heard. We've had Goldens in our family for Many years; currently three in my immediate family and another five in my extended family.

Labs, specifically Black ones. Trying to convince the wife to get a puppy.

Black-Lab-Category-e1519318452583.jpg

Golden Retriever. My family owned small dogs for most of our life, but I'm not sure I'll ever own another breed other than a Golden.

Sadie really is the perfect dog. Smart, beautiful, QUIET, happy to see everyone, and loves her people more than any dog possible. Sure, she does shed, but it's worth it.

My favorite thing in the world is hearing her tail thumping on the ground as I walk over to pet her. My heart just melts.

47537_4638607253341_449236013_n.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of good breeds that I like but we currently have 2 pit mixes and they're excellent dogs. This is the 3rd Pitbull I've had and I've been around them a lot of my life. They really are gentle and loyal to their family when properly cared for.

Finlay and Baby.jpg

Australian Shepherds all the way! Borderline geniuses! I have one aussie and the other one passed away 4 months ago. Their only issue is that they are always looking for a job to do. My first aussie taught my other aussie to play fetch and do tricks, I didn't have to teach her anything she just learned from the other aussie who I taught. Crazy loyal, and they love their owners. We have a 2 year old son and we will take him to the park and my aussie will just sit at the edge of the play place watching my son play, ears pointed straight up and attentive to everything going on. If my son falls or she loses him, you see the panic in her face and she will dead sprint to him or try and find him. They are great dogs! Kora on the left and Maddox on the right. Like I said, Maddox passed away 4 months ago and there hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought of my best bud. F#%& Cancer. (Yes @Tenputt , Oakridge is my backyard. I'm on 11 fairway)

IMG_1880.JPG

I'm not a cat guy at all, but I do get mice occasionally (yuck! double and triple yuck!)
I really miss my rat terrier. We never had a mouse. I decided when I'm able to get another dog, it will be two little ones instead of one big one.
They'll be my mouser friends. The dog hair everywhere I'll have to get used to again. Oh well. Man I wish I had some snuggly friends right now.

Labradors was my fave until I got my first beagle. Now I have two of these awesome little hounds, and they are just great little trouble makers.

We had a chocolate lab growing up and they will always be my favorite. Rudy was an awesome dog; smart, loyal, happy and fun. Great family pets.

The correct answer is pug.
pug.jpg

Back