What is your number?

I'm ok with 88 or under at my home course, and pretty happy with 85 or better.

As long as at least one part of my game is working well enough to provide a little fun factor, that's the important thing.

I rarely play 18 (though I would like to get out more). I play 9 holes a week in league (only a few months a year). I consistently shoot 45 - 50 in league with my PB at 43 (3 times). I guess I'm "happy" anytime I'm 47 or below. I'd be ecstatic if I could start shooting <43 consistently.

Anything around 40 a side is good for me. I can live with anything under...84/85 but that is it.

89 or better and I'm satisfied. 90 or worse and I'm disappointed.

I'm generally happy if I am less than 85...shorter course, I want closer to 80, but usually don't whine too much at an 85. :D

It depends on the course. I shot a 99 on a super tough one and was siked, but I recently shot a 97 at an easier course and was really disappointed. In general, I am getting good enough where I am not just aiming to break 100 every round. My target is 92-95, with my current PB at 93

It depends rather on the course I play. If the course suits my eye or not. But, overall if I shoot below 90, I'm very pleased with my round. Mid 90's, I can sleep but, not good, under 90 I sleep like a baby. Yeah, that sums it up...

the last little while i'm okay with shooting 77 or lower. anything higher than that and i look at the scorecard and think about all the shots i gave away to a stupid mistake. 77 or 78 and i go home content though.

No more than 4 over par (2 over per side).

My goal is always to be at 75 or below. Occasionally I'll go out with the intent to shoot a low number but most of the time Im happy with being around par.

At this point, I consider 80 and above a disappointment. I have put a lot of work into my swing and play and I want to keep my handicap <7.

I'm satisfied with a 42 per side usually. I know I have the potential to go lower than that, but blow up holes have always put a stop to that.

It's tough to say under 85 I'm usually content, these days. For years, I wanted to shoot 79, with 80-82 ok. I haven't seen sub-80 in a couple years now. It's still difficult to deal with as I play the same courses and I know I've played them well in the past. My regular course, I shot my two best rounds of my life (74, 76) and now I'm playing it around bogey. But, I play less due to life's demands... It's been tough to feel satisfied at all recently.

I am happy with anything 89 or less, but I can be satisfied with a low 90 given some of the variables others have mentioned in this thread. The goal is always in the eighties though.

Agreed for me. First round of the year I shot 86 and was pretty happy. Last 4 rounds though have been in the low to mid 90s, which drives me crazy. Not hitting fairways or greens with much consistency lately, which is disappointing.

Back