What is your number?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I see scores posted in various threads and some are good, others nor so good. Of course this is from where I sit. But for those posting they might be acceptable to those posting. Those same scores might be great to others.
I want to know what is an acceptable score for you. What number do you go home and your satisfied, not happy but satisfied.

Anything Below an 85 so I guess 84. I know 85 or above isn't very good for me, so I shoot for low 80s. If I am 80-82 I am very pleased, 84 is my cutoff

I see scores posted in various threads and some are good, others nor so good. Of course this is from where I sit. But for those posting they might be acceptable to those posting. Those same scores might be great to others.
I want to know what is an acceptable score for you. What number do you go home and your satisfied, not happy but satisfied.

Anything under 80 and I refuse to be upset about it. I've seen plenty below that this year, but my goal as a golfer is to play in the 70s, and I refuse to get as upset as I used to about anything better than that 80 benchmark.

Although I will add that is is course dependent. For example, if it is somewhere difficult, or somewhere I have never played, I more just try to enjoy the beauty and challenges of the golf course

Less than 40 per 9.
40 on the nose and content.
Over 40 happy I was playing with THPers hopefully.

Of course all of this is course dependent, but at my normal courses throughout the area, thats the goal.

Satisfied? Anything over 100.... Seconds.

Honestly, at my game right now, I am 100% satisfied at the end of the day if I go home with a scores of 92 or less.

I am satisfied with a 78 right now. Anything higher and I feel like I gave strokes away.

Anything around 90 and I'm content right now. I've been playing better lately, so my expectations are starting to become a bit higher though.

I'm satisfied at 90 or under. Anything higher and I feel like I'm not playing to my potential.

83 or below was my number. I gotta say, right now, it's probably 90. Having played on slow UK greens for 20 years, the slick Californian greens are killing me at the moment.

Less than 40 per 9.
40 on the nose and content.
Over 40 happy I was playing with THPers hopefully.

Of course all of this is course dependent, but at my normal courses throughout the area, thats the goal.

This for me.

I'm satisfied with mid 90's that was y average last year. Hopefully that improves this year.

So many factors go into it but in general if I break 80, I'm satisfied.

80 is my cutoff. It may sound arrogant but I know I'm better than that and while off days definitely happen in this game, I believe I can bring it to that level every time I go out. This is a new found attitude for me, but its one that is growing round by round.

I feel like for me, 84-88 is a really content round if golf. It usually means for me, I kept a really big score off the card, hit the ball well and had fun. When I shot that 81 on Palmer at Reunion, I could have danced. Tied my lowest, which came about 3 years ago and have struggled since, and actually walked away thinking that round could have been VERY special for me had a saved a stroke here or there. Plus, I beat Ward. Lol.

41 or better per 9 holes.

I am ok with 80/81, prefer to be under that...obviously.

80 is my cutoff. It may sound arrogant but I know I'm better than that and while off days definitely happen in this game, I believe I can bring it to that level every time I go out. This is a new found attitude for me, but its one that is growing round by round.

This...

The way I'm playing right now, I'd say 78 is my tipping point, 80 if I'm at a different course from my home. At the end of the day though, it just feels good to enjoy the outdoors and hit the links with people.

To be honest I haven't been happy with my numbers recently. Swing is better and hitting better shots but still shooting the same scores of mid 90's. Each round I've given up a couple of strokes towards the end to keep me from breaking 90.

Won't be satisfied till I see an 8 before my score.

Lately for me its been anything below 90. Im consistently around 85 and would be absolutely thrilled to shoot 80 or below this year. I feel im really close.

I'm honestly not terribly happy with what I've been putting up. I would really like to be shooting in the high 80's, and know I'm capable, but I just can't seem to get enough clicking at the same time to make that happen. That said, if I shoot 95 or less I feel at least OK for the time being.

I'm satisfied if the handicap differential when I post a score is below 12. Anything over a 12 means I missed my handicap by too much.

85. I know I am going to have rounds in the 90s and occasionally will hit three digits.

On a more general number, When I have a score that gets me a differential of under 16 I am happy.

Depends on where I'm playing really.
I'm new to golf, only been playing 4 years, never had a lesson.
Right now I'm trying to shoot around 100.
Usually end up around 105-115.
Not saying I'm happy with 115, I'm not.
I shot a 94, with basically everything went right.
If I were to put a number I'd be very happy with, I'd say <100 in my current abilities.

I just look for improvement.
My scores have come down every year.
Hopefully that will continue.

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
The world loves BIG hitters!

I'm satisfied with a score in the mid 80's depending on the course. If it's a course I play a lot, at worst, I expect mid 80's. But if it's a course I've never played before, then upper 80's is satisfying to me.

Back