What is your number?

If I'm playing my local course in town, it's a par 70 short course I'm happy shooting 82. I have shot a little lower there and much higher, but that's about average. Other courses I'm happy to shoot under 90.

Anything below 84 is acceptable to me.

80 is my cutoff. It may sound arrogant but I know I'm better than that and while off days definitely happen in this game, I believe I can bring it to that level every time I go out. This is a new found attitude for me, but its one that is growing round by round.
How often does this happen?
how often do you hit your mark or below

The way I'm playing right now, I'd say 78 is my tipping point, 80 if I'm at a different course from my home. At the end of the day though, it just feels good to enjoy the outdoors and hit the links with people.
How many sub 80 rounds have you have this year?
85. I know I am going to have rounds in the 90s and occasionally will hit three digits.

On a more general number, When I have a score that gets me a differential of under 16 I am happy.
you still working on your game like last year?

Lately anything under 90 is acceptable to me. Still not happy with it considering where I was just a few months ago.

Anything under 80 and I refuse to be upset about it. I've seen plenty below that this year, but my goal as a golfer is to play in the 70s, and I refuse to get as upset as I used to about anything better than that 80 benchmark.

I'll just copy this. Perfectly said. Dan's goals are set higher than mine, but sub-80 is my satisfied number.

80-85 I'm feeling really great about my game for the day.
85-90 I'm still happy.
90+ and I'm looking for some positives, like enjoying the weather.

I'm getting pretty consistent at shooting close to my handicap. As long as I stay 1-2 strokes above that number or lower, I'm content. Examples of my recent rounds.

Happy! 6/16/1379
Content
6/14/1385
Boo!
6/12/1391
Borderline
6/9/1387
Content
6/8/1384
Disappointed
6/4/1389
Happy6/2/1382
Happy5/27/1383
Content 5/26/1385
Happy5/25/1382
Content
5/21/1385

Under 80 = ecstatic
81-83 = pleased
84-86 = decent
87 & up = pissed

Anything at or under 90 and I'm pleased. Hoping to get consistently at mid 80s and one day break 80

I am happy with anything 89 or less, but I can be satisfied with a low 90 given some of the variables others have mentioned in this thread. The goal is always in the eighties though.

This is pretty much where I'm at, right now. Given my current level of inconsistency, I'll even look at it for 9-hole segments. Lately, I can have splits like 41/50, 52/38, 44/50. So, give me a 44, or better, for 9, and that works for me.

My goal in any round is to break 40 on each nine first, then to break 80 on the total.

At a new and unknown course, 43 and 86.

My ultimate goal is to break 80 for the round. If I can't do that, then I like to have a bit less disparity between my nines. I'd much rather shoot 40-40 than shoot 43-37.

Anything under an 87 for me and I'm happy.

Depends on the course, but generally 83 is ok. Under 80 is always the goal.

Happy with 85-88, real happy with something more around 80.........

Where my game is at right now anything under an 85 and I am generally happy even though I may not have played well. At some of the easier courses I play this number is lower but in general for now its 85.

I think my ball striking is getting better each time I get out there, but my short game is killing me. I think a 90 +/- 3 strokes either way and I content with my round.

I have shot anywhere from 74 to 104 with fellow THPers but it really is not about the number to me. I know when I am striking the ball well and when it is just not there but if I had to pick a number I would say 84, I know I have played fairly good given my abilities. I really don't fret too much about it though as I know it is an up and down cycle for me as far as scoring goes.

< 85 for sure.

It's actually nice to know I can usually hit that nowadays. Not so long ago I was tickled to keep breaking 90.

Now, if I could get a week of putting lessons from KellyBo, I could be talking < 80 :act-up:

Less than 40 per 9.
40 on the nose and content.
Over 40 happy I was playing with THPers hopefully.

Of course all of this is course dependent, but at my normal courses throughout the area, thats the goal.
This is pretty much me as far as core goes. I dont practice enough to be in the 70's consistently

Under 85 is good to me, but 81-82 is super. Every so often when the putts drop I break 80, but that is a definite fluke.

I'd say like 88 or under and I'm satisfied. Right around mid to low 80's usually means I shot my handicap, so then I'm happy - lower than that, I'm obviously ecstatic. If I stay below 90, I can usually remain in a good mood. Above 90, and I start to get displeased...when we start approaching 95 and up, I need a beer.

Back