what part of your game are you working on?

Well, hot damn. My plan actually worked for once and I hit the ball really well tonight. I actually hit some drives in the 220-240 range, which has been almost unheard of for the last I can't even remember how long. Had a few shots get away from me, but even they were hit solidly. I swear to god I swung as quiet and wimpy as I could, but absolutely smoked my driver compared to the previous weeks.

Got into trouble a few times because I ended up long by surprise. I'm hoping it sticks around for awhile.

Well, hot damn. My plan actually worked for once and I hit the ball really well tonight. I actually hit some drives in the 220-240 range, which has been almost unheard of for the last I can't even remember how long. Had a few shots get away from me, but even they were hit solidly. I swear to god I swung as quiet and wimpy as I could, but absolutely smoked my driver compared to the previous weeks.

Got into trouble a few times because I ended up long by surprise. I'm hoping it sticks around for awhile.

That sounds great buddy. Hitting long into spots of bother can be appealing at times.

That sounds great buddy. Hitting long into spots of bother can be appealing at times.

It was appealing just because I hit the damn center of the face a few times. I thought about it the other day and realized I was contorting my body into all these weird positions and trying too damn hard. A moment of clarity of you will lol.

Still working on full swing mostly...short game is just going to have to wait because it doesn't suck nearly as bad as my iron striking. And driver....let's not go there.

Anyway, it seems I've developed a habit of cupping my right wrist on the backswing...going to work on that tomorrow. Plus, I'm still suffering through long streaks of topped shots...maybe this is also a by-product of the wrist cupping? Could also be a by-product of frustration.

Looks like I need to book another lesson, and find out for sure.

Really been trying to get solid iron contact and cure the driver slice. I feel like I know what I need to do and see sporadic results, just need more practice time.

I love it when getting into (golf) trouble is reason for optimism!

I'm trying the get my tempo & swing more consistent. My instructor decided I know I how to swing & be under control but sometimes I just refuse to. So I've a long road ahead.

Consistency in my iron game. I'm fine 8i and in, and but need to be more consistent with the others to stop those couple of blow up holes that kill me.

Sent from my HTC One X

Maintaining spine angle (butt against the wall) throughout the swing, and taking the club back on plane. I'm getting better at the first part but I just cant seem to get a feel for how to take the club back on plane. It feels like it's sooooo far outside there is no way I'll hit the ball. And quite often I barely do.

Well, hopefully the swing will stick around a few weeks for me, if not longer.

In the mean time, I'm going to work on putting and greenside chipping. Putting can always improve and I'm not happy at all with my chipping at the moment. I can't think of a reason why I should be any more than a few feet from the hole, but I've been closer to 5-8 feet lately. Likely a lack of practice, so I don't have any feel to rely on. Debating taking the boy to the practice green tonight. We have fun together, but it's not ever very productive practice.

keeping it in the fairway. gives me a much better chance to score well.

Still trying to swing smooth all the way through. Doesn't do much good to have a good backswing with a herky-jerky downswing.

I've been pushing the ball lately while trying to adjust my grip. Got it under control the last round I played, but I need to keep it up.

Got a new putter so I've been concentrating on that mostly but last time out I had plenty of opportunities for GIR's with a 9 iron and I missed all but one going to start working on my scoring irons.

Learning new clubs. Had everything dialed in, then got: R11s driver, RBZ 3wood. Pretty much used to them now. But getting new irons this week that are considerably longer and are marked one club strong. Not messing with the wedges, not messing with the wedges, not messing with the wedges...

Starting today, I am going on the hunt for my next long time gamer putter. I can't tolerate the backspin I'm getting and it's causing me to alter my stroke to try and compensate.

This time, I think I need to do a legit fitting.

I am trying to work on my driving. Don't have confidence stepping up to the ball and find the big stick quite intimidating. Any tips?

I have always had a fade on my drives and I am trying to get a draw. There are some holes on my course that a draw would be perfect. Plus, with a draw you get some extra roll. I have been working on it for a couple of weeks and sometimes it works perfect and othertimes, not so much.

Putting right now. Been struggling lately and working on changing my set up, grip and tempo. Still struggling but many more hours hopefully will do the trick.

Tapaway!

Been working very hard on my greenside game, 20yds and in. Working on making a bit steeper swing in order to eliminate my biggest miss which is bouncing/skidding the club into the ball, leading to skulled chips.

3 things I am working on.

1) Slowing down my back swing with smooth transition
2) pitch shot with different clubs (from 8-LW) giving me distance of 40yards to 100 yards. You might say, 100 yard shot is not a pitch, but adding this shot to my skill set for those windy days with lower ball trajectory.
3) chipping around the green. Again, with different clubs for different variation.

2&3 are the shots that makes my blood boil during a round, so that is what I am working on.

I'm working on hitting my irons more solid. Still hitting to many fat shots. So I've been focusing on slowing my backswing and not getting so quick transitioning into my downswing. The transition part has a lot to do with weight transfer. I'm starting my downswing before I'm shifting my weight. Been video taping my range sessions, really helps seeing my mistakes.

How to get rid of this horrible pull and pull hook. Last year, I was pushing everything. This year, I am pulling everything, even wedges. This game. I swear to God.

I am working on lowering my ball flight with my irons. I cup my wrist at the top of my backswing and I am pretty sure it is causing me to flip the ball higher than I want. I went to the range today and worked on shortening my swing a little, keeping my right wrist firm on the backswing, and keeping my left heel down until contact. When I started I was leaving the ball out to the left quite a bit until I got the swing put together. The last 25 I hit pretty well with a much better ball flight.

Back