What Tees Would You Play?

f1bf3a7f71d279c1b32275cfc54aefa3.jpg

Par 4 6th at about 400

Who's idea was it to plant that big tree in the middle. haha.

So the AssManager got schooled by the AssPro?
Ehhh. 5 strokes, but I outdrove him and saw a lot of blinking. In fact pretty sure I'm longer now overall and he knows it. Won't admit it, but it's fact and I have multiple holes video proof.

He got me by less than 3yds on like 4 holes. Questionable at best. I was going towering and he was playing wind cheater. He may have even done some rolling in the fairway, I don't know. Notice how the holes he videos were the ones he hit it farther? That's interesting

Are you from Texas?

This is turning out to be more fun than that #RegionalRivalry thread!

What tees did you two play from ? and how much would it have helped to be up one box?

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun today.

Black probably, not because of skill, but I have this problem with my ego...

What tees did you two play from ? and how much would it have helped to be up one box?

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun today.

We played from the members tees, at about 6300 yards. Some of the tee boxes were just a little far back from what were the stated yardages.

As wet as it was on top of the wind, I don't think it would've mattered much what teebox we played from. There is just very little room in between first cut of rough and hazards so if you missed by much, you were in a plant or looking in the hazards.

Black got to keep testing yourself to get better

Black got to keep testing yourself to get better

I understand what you are saying, but have you ever tried to test yourself by playing the closet tees and seeing how low you can shoot ? Just a thought.

The black tees would have been the THERAPIST to many a THPer today. I know, on the internet, everybody is amazing, but #OutingApproved exists for a reason.
Course was incredibly hard and the black tees would have made it downright shameful.

Want to know what THERAPIST means...Put a space between the E and R.

Yeah there is a nice par 3 course next to my house nice to test all short game

Not the same thing IMO. It can be just as difficult to go low as scramble for pars. I have known some golfers that make almost every 15 footer and in for par but if its for birdie or eagle they hardly ever make it. Not sure why but it does happen to some golfers.

We need to play together as I like your thinking!

I'm sure we would have a great time on a golf course. However, I see you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so that assumes you have no problem playing with a Redskins fan. For years, I had to visit the Houston area rather regularly. I didn't mind, because there are some great courses in the area. I can only assume your area has some great tracks as well. So if I'm ever in your area, I will let you know. Conversely, if you find yourself in Annapolis, please contact me.

Last edited:
No denim allowed at this course so I wouldn't play :)

I'd definitely go Members, a fun yardage and there isn't much reason to go Blue as I suspect you can post a similar score from either tee box.

So I had to bring this up again since when I was driving home yesterday licking my wounds that the course (and myself) inflicted on me and was glad I played the blues and not the whites like I said earlier. I know if I was hitting my irons well I could of shot ok here but I will say this, it was a tough but fun course.

So I had to bring this up again since when I was driving home yesterday licking my wounds that the course (and myself) inflicted on me and was glad I played the blues and not the whites like I said earlier. I know if I was hitting my irons well I could of shot ok here but I will say this, it was a tough but fun course.
distance is not the difficulty of that course for sure, I think its under 6300 from the back. A missed hybrid or 4 iron off the tee is just as much penalty as a missed driver haha

distance is not the difficulty of that course for sure, I think its under 6300 from the back. A missed hybrid or 4 iron off the tee is just as much penalty as a missed driver haha
Ya that's why I was glad I played the blues, but if you went left or right you were done.

I would play it from the tips, 6,400 yards is very reasonable and if the course provides a nice challenge with their setup then it would be quite fun.

I'd play from the Members. Slightly higher slope but slightly shorter than my home course. I think the Members would provide a good challenge while still being enjoyable.

Back