What Tees Would You Play?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As you can see by the slope rating, the course is rather difficult. Very VERY tight course off the tee with small tough greens. What tees would you play?

Wentworth-Golf-Club-Scorecard.jpg

Blue or members. Would be fine with either and would defer to what the group wants to play.

Probably would play the members tee's since I've never played there before. Then, based on that round, I'd stay there or move back to the blacks

Members would be great. Any lower and you're punished a little by shooting anything not really low.

Probably the blue based on yardage; and it would probably be a mistake based on your description of the course.

Edit...obviously I can't read.

Based on yardage, any. But I want to play the reds

Blue or members. Would be fine with either and would defer to what the group wants to play.
I'm with Cookie on this one. (Based on total yardage, any of them. But the Black tees give us a 450 & 470 yard par 4s and 225 yard par 3. Ech.)

I think the first trip around I'd play Blue tees to get a feel for it.

Blue for me.

I would go with the white tees which resembles the same white tee yardages at the course I'm a member at. Blue would be possible but it would not be a fun ride.

Blue or whites or combos of the 2

Blues or members depending on how I am hitting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue would be where I would head to first, although the slope is higher than I am used to. Even the white slope is higher than I normally play. If it is that tight a course I would probably be better off at the whites.

No matter which tees I chose though, I would probably be behind a group playing from the black tees even though they can't get much past the red tees on their drives.

As you can see by the slope rating, the course is rather difficult. Very VERY tight course off the tee with small tough greens. What tees would you play?

Wentworth-Golf-Club-Scorecard.jpg

I would expect to play the member tees. It's been a few years since my inclination to "tip it out" and I think there's a lot of merit to playing from where the members do.

Plus, 470 and 450 yard par 4s? Yikes.

Honestly it would be white or blue, I'm not a long hitter and some of those par 4's would be driver/FW

Members tee would be fine for me.

Black, all day every day. Not much more difficult than my home course.

I'd play the members tee. I am comfortable at anything between 6200 and 6400 yards. I don't hit the ball long, but I hit it straight, so the tightness of the course would not effect my decision.

Blues would be a fun setup for me.

If I was with decent golfers, I would probably suggest blue. But, if I was with less skilled golfers I would strongly recommend white.

Too many people get hung up on the colour of the blocks or the total yardage and completely miss the fact that they are way in over their heads simply because they "have" to play 6200 yards or more. Those are usually the ones I get to play behind :-(

Distance and rating aren't bad. I would play black. However, in reality I should play member tees. These days 6500 yards is about my limit.

Back