What Tees Would You Play?

The way the course is laid out, you need to be exact off the tee and long enough to get at the pins. It's not a hit in the middle of the green course. Toughest short track I've had the pleasure of playing

Oh and if your ball went above the hole you could almost guarantee bogey. Watching JB put a ball 10 feet off the green on a putt was just sad.

Based on my quick litmus test for choosing tees (are there any 200+ yard par 3's) I would go with the whites.

I would go with whites the first time and adjust based on how that went.

White, because I'm used to playing from the white tees because they're always the "average" tees, blue or black at my course are championship

Whites until I shoot par. Then move back. I have been as close as 4 shots, only twice.

My fellow foursome players and I always play the tees that have the closest rating to par. Since par is 71 and the black tees are rated at 71.5 and the Member's tees are rated at 70.3, Black is the winner by a small margin.

I went through most of the pages in this thread and didn't see anyone else mention that they use this logic. I would have thought this method would be more common in choosing which tees to play?

Which ever my group wanted to play. If it were just me, I'd definitely play the tips.

I'd play as far up as I can :)

Whites until I shoot par. Then move back. I have been as close as 4 shots, only twice.

One would argue this is a poor philosophy. The only way to get better is to continuously challenge yourself with a different variable. And you will get the exposure to other challenges along the way. Just a thought :)

After 40+ years of golf. I take the challenges that are given me from the whites. My experience with the blues have not been favorable most of the time.

Don't matter all the par 4's are 6 iron wedge anyway...... looks like fun.

I think there were one or two holes where you could do that and have wedge into the green. There were several low single digit players that didn't come close to breaking 80.

You the course wasnt any where close of 6 iron, wedge. That's actually laughable
I think there were one or two holes where you could do that and have wedge into the green. There were several low single digit players that didn't come close to breaking 80.

The members tees. I look at the par 3s. 200 yards is the longest a par 3 should be for my handicap. I'm at a 12 GHIN but have been as low as an 8. My driver goes 245 yards, 3 wood 230 and my 5 wood is 200.

Ok so if its longer then 350 i would have to use a nine iron... as long as there is a safe landing area at 200 yds i gan hit my 6. And if its 150 left i will hit pw..160, 9 iron and so on. But like i said it would be fun...

Back