What TV are you watching all your golf on?

Who really knows. I've heard a lot about Samsung making them, Sharp, and LG. Who knows who really does, its all conjecture from what I've seen so far. But the rumors seem to most strongly point to Sharp.

Probably a combo of a couple of companies... Sammie board, Sharp controllers, etc., etc. It's like the washing machines, Samsung = LG, Whirpool = Kenmore = LG.

I was under the impression that Insignia was a brand that was made of a combo of components from Sharp and Proview (Polaroid).

The smaller tv I think would be a sharp if branded differently, but, the big one is definitely a rebadged Samsung. If you were to look at my tv and one of the samsungs, they look identical, right down to the bezel and the stand. Either way, tho, I'm suite pleased with both. I got the one in the bedroom on a sale a couple of years ago. The bigger one we got back in September when we cashed in our extended warranty on our older Samsung DLP that died for the 6th time in 3 years. They might not be the most high end televisions out there, but I didn't see any pic quality difference, and got me more tv for the same money.

Living room has a 60" Pioneer Elite Plasma
Office has a 42" Phillips Plasma
Garage has a 32" Sony LCD
Master bedroom has a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma
Guest bedroom has a 32" Panasonic LCD

LG 52" LCD ........... go big or go home........and watch your small tv jk :dance:

I've got a 57" Mitsubishi in the basement and a 45" Samsung in the family room. Either way golf looks great. I love HD TV!!!

I have size envy reading this thread!!!!
42" LG plasma & 42" Class LCD
Both are great for recording pro swings on my android. I use them for reference at the range and to ask questions with my pro.

TV is a 32" Toshihba I bought in '94. Don't have any idea on it's specs as it came out before HD was the thing.
Don't really watch much TV so the new ones aren't something I'm up on.
But the ones you all have sound nice.

Living room has a 60" Pioneer Elite Plasma
Office has a 42" Phillips Plasma
Garage has a 32" Sony LCD
Master bedroom has a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma

LUCKY! I just can't bring myself to buy plasma here in Colorado... Climate, elevation all adds up to short life span of plasmas!

Let's see...

32" LCD in the Master bedroom
32" LCD in the mainfloor living room
48" older rear projection in the game/workout room

And the newest addition 3 weeks ago... A 55" LG LED 3D in the home theater...ok we call it that, but it's just the basement livingroom.
Watching the Masters in 3D on directv was incredible !

Any Tv that is available at the time. lol

46 inch plasma in Bedroom
61 inch hd in family room
42 inch in my office

No I dont watch any of the other TV's in the house . Wait I lied I have a 22inch lcd in the lanai

61" Samsung DLP in the living room, 40" Sony LCD in the bedroom. I also spoiled my kids with a 32" Sony LCD and 32" Toshiba LCD for their bedrooms. Bad, dad. They don't watch golf, though. :wink:

I'm a fan of Samsung. I have a 46" in the living room and a 32" in the bedroom. Rarely do I get to change the channel off of Disney or Nickelodeon, but when I do these are the tv's I watch.

i think out tele is a 32" toshiba.....sits perfectly in the corner,anything bigger and it would look a bit odd.

Yeah, I rewatched and saw it was a projector. For some reason I thought it was a normal TV at first. Very Nice man.
BenQ projector.

Now watching golf on

Panasonic Plasma, 42"
1080p
TC-P42S30
Refresh rate 600hz (based on subfields, somewhat gimmicky to get that number, but also effective)
Contrast ratio - 2,000,000:1

It's one year newer than my other panasonic 42" plasma tv. The only difference is the contrast ratio, and even my wife says the picture is better.

~Rock

Panasonic TH-50PZ700U.

I got it when I worked at Best Buy right out of cottage. TV retailed at $3000 at the time. After discount and manufacturer rebate, I paid $900.

Panasonic 60". Incredible picture on it.

Now watching golf on

Panasonic Plasma, 42"
1080p
TC-P42S30
Refresh rate 600hz (based on subfields, somewhat gimmicky to get that number, but also effective)
Contrast ratio - 2,000,000:1

It's one year newer than my other panasonic 42" plasma tv. The only difference is the contrast ratio, and even my wife says the picture is better.

~Rock

Don't get caught up in Contrast Ratio. It's not all it's made out to be and not the most important thing.

This should help some: http://www.highdefforum.com/flat-panel-tvs/69651-why-you-should-ignore-contrast-ratio-specs.html

THis. I don't think there is even a standard measurement for contrast.

People see a million to one or two million to one and think it's all that. But you can't SEE it!

Firehouse projector. I watch golf when I work on this

aefc4c69-8a29-1068.jpg

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Panasonic Viera Plasma 42" TC - P42X2
600 Hz
2000000:1 contrast

Had it over a year now. Got it on sale for $700 CDN. Sets now are about $100 less. Great picture when watching golf and other programs. Haven't subscribed to HD programming from cable co. No real need to, satisfied with viewing so far. And DVD's are great also, along with rentals from online.

Back