What wedge do you have? Is there a wedge you would rather have?

I'm playing x-forged's. If I were to switch, I'd wanna pick up either some Vokeys or VR pro's. The vokeys felt like butter when I was hitting them.

Personal fan of Cleveland wedges. My buddy is obsessed with them and gets the newest model every year, minus the CG16's because he loved the CG15's that much. My CG10 actually is his old wedge, I use to have the 60 to match, but the grooves just became worn and basically were no longer effective.

I'm not sure I will ever not buy Cleveland wedges (I understand I have a Callaway right now, only because of the lack of money for golf clubs at this time....stupid school), anyways. CG15's are amazing, played my buddy's a couple of times now and best all around wedge I can say I have ever played. Have yet to try the CG16's yet though, but being that they are similar to the CG14's, defiantly would love to someday.

I use a couple years old set of Adams Puglielli's, 56 and 60. The 56 for sand shots and normal around the green and the 60 when I am playing courses with a bunch of mounds where I might get a lot of downhill greenside shots. I liked them when THP had the wedge shootout a while back.

55 and 61 degree tri bounce cobra trusty rustys best wedges ever, never used any other wedges

I currently have the Callaway Forged wedges (about 4-5yrs old). I would MUCH rather have Scratch 1018 wedges...is there a drooling emoticon on here somewhere?!

I have the nike VR forged. I wouldn't mind having the VR Pro's, but I couldn't beat the price of the VR forged wedges.

CG15s and I wouldn't trade my 60* for anything, I'm still learning my 64* though

OLD Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 that have virtually no grooves left. Been looking at the Xforged and the Jaws. I like a darker clubhead for my wedges and loved the feeling of the xforged, but I am not sure which setup I should be getting, since I plan on replacing my irons next year. I play 54 and 58 right now and was just gonna go with that again, but, not sure how that will work with a 46 PW. Maybe I'll just bend the 54 to a 53 if I don't get the lofts of my irons adjusted. Anybody know how the chrome Jaws and Xforged play compared to the darker versions? I seem to be able to find the chrome versions of the Jaws, which I also liked, cheaper than the vintage.

I have Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 50*, 55*, and 59* and I would trade them in a heart beat.... for new Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can's hehe ;)

I have the XFT's and don't plan on changing anytime soon. Possibly throw Spinners on them but not a priority. I have and liked the Vokey Spin Milled ones as well.

I'm a fan of the Ping wedges. The tour S this year is very nice. I've hit Cleveland CG 15 and CG16's off and on and my problem with Clevelands is that I acually spin them too much. I played the CG 16's at Sawgrass this year and was spinning shots 15 feet and off the greens! I like my wedges to bounce once and sit. I get that with the new Pings. I am anxious to try the new Ping Anser wedge.

I'm a fan of the Ping wedges. The tour S this year is very nice. I've hit Cleveland CG 15 and CG16's off and on and my problem with Clevelands is that I acually spin them too much. I played the CG 16's at Sawgrass this year and was spinning shots 15 feet and off the greens! I like my wedges to bounce once and sit. I get that with the new Pings. I am anxious to try the new Ping Anser wedge.

With a name like TitleistforLife shouldn't you have at least 1 Titleist club? LOL J/K I have never been a Ping fan, not sure why.

I am gaming the TM XFT. I like em, but if I find something better, I wouldnt cry. They feel great and put some nice spin on the ball.

Currently Have: Cleveland 588 56*
I wouldn't trade it, but I would like to add in addition to it a 52*, probably a :miura: or cg16

i have the tm xft wedges and i love them. i dont htink im looking at anything else for a while

X-Forged... love em!

I am in the market for a new wedge and there are so many out there that I am lost. So in effort to sort of get a poll of what the consensus is on THP, what wedge do you currently own and is there a wedge you would rather have?

I have the Tom Watson Gap, Sand, and Lob wedges from Adams Golf. You can usually buy them for around $100 for all 3. Great value and pretty good wedges. I didn't want to spend $100+ per wedge so I went this route. Just my $.02

Ping Tour S Wedge 52 degree - I preferred the head shape and options for fuller shots
Mizuno MP 11 58 degree - Really liked the idea of different grooves in the higher degree lofts and the grind on the club makes it very versatile

I currently have the Nike VR Forged wedges, very good wedges, they just love to eat up ball covers though. I'll probably get the new VR Pro's someday though.

currently in the process of switching from Vokeys to TM xFTs.

300th post! :party:

I currently have the Nike VR Forged wedges, very good wedges, they just love to eat up ball covers though. I'll probably get the new VR Pro's someday though.

Interesting - I was not aware of that? Anyone know if the VR Pro's do that also?

Interesting - I was not aware of that? Anyone know if the VR Pro's do that also?

It all depends on the person. You could go through every wedge and have some people say they eat the covers up and some say they don't. Just something you have to test out yourself.

It's because Raphael doesnt use golf clubs, he uses sai's.

I currently have 2 sets of wedges. Adams pugielli 52 56 60
Callaway jaws 52 56 60

I've been just using the Adams 52 and 56, but with it being so dry out here I've switched to all 3 higher bounce callaways. The ground is just so hard from no rain that there is no dig divot wedge shots, they just end up being hit fat. the higher bounce helps that not happen lol

I'd love to have a set of cg 16s as I am now a fan of a more forgiving wedge since nothing has equaled the results I saw with my old cg 12 52 before I replace it with all these others....

It all depends on the person. You could go through every wedge and have some people say they eat the covers up and some say they don't. Just something you have to test out yourself.

Understood - but I also thought that the groove pattern had something to do with it. For example, the Jaws wedges were notorious for this regardless of who was playing it basically. Just did not know if it was common per say with the VR Pro as this was the first I heard anyone say it about the VR forged.

Back