What Would You Shoot?

95-100

I think this would be a lot of fun to try!

84 we play a lot of 3 club tourneys in my mens league

I can say that there are times you probably have to go back to the fairway and shoot for the green again. Any deep bunker and you're screwed

It certainly depends upon the course. My home course has 110 bunkers but the course I grew up on had 160. I've played many courses that only have 50 or less bunkers.

It won't look pretty, but I guess I'd shoot somewhere near my average, which is the mid 90's. I can imagine hitting driver off the deck for longer holes.

The 7i is one of my favorite clubs, I can hit full swings, punches, pitches and chips with it.

Can I get a rehearsal? Can I get 10 swings out of a deep bunker so I know what to use?

probably worse than my usually average, but it also depends on if I were to try the driver off the deck on a par 5. That would probably be a disaster. :) hehehe

I would assuredly be north of 100.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think I'd hang around 90-95. Knowing I'm only trying to get to 160 off the tee would mean I would be swinging pretty easy with my driver, which means I'd likely find more fairways. And I'm pretty confident with my 7 iron. The big thing would be scrambling, I think, or long par 3's. I'm pretty reliant on my wedges to get me out of trouble and help me stay around bogey on missed greens.

Im guessing 100 is generous.

Having zipped down to you trying it, it sounds like most of it came from around the greens more than the few times you went long no? Was it an elevation out of bunker problem, or it getting out but no way it was gonna stay on the green etc? That alone sounds pretty freakin tricky.

It really was everywhere. Its much harder with these specific clubs than people think. The water was everywhere when these are your only two full swing club options.

It really was everywhere. Its much harder with these specific clubs than people think. The water was everywhere when these are your only two full swing club options.
What as our longest shot into a par 4?

What as our longest shot into a par 4?

I hooked one tee shot into near water on the left. I had 260 yards out of deep rough. It was really the only majorly bad tee ball I hit.

I hooked one tee shot into near water on the left. I had 260 yards out of deep rough. It was really the only majorly bad tee ball I hit.
Otherwise you were well in range for th distance of you 7 irons, I have to assume at 6000 yards.

Otherwise you were well in range for th distance of you 7 irons, I have to assume at 6000 yards.

Yes sir...But sometimes way too close (so working on 1/2 and 1/3 swings) and based on response in full swinging wedges, people seem to hate that. When water is everywhere and the greens are heavily guarded, hitting half 7 irons and 3/4 shots and then having to use 7 iron or putter from deep rough and sand around the green was not easy.

I can see that as a real issue. Especially with a shot no one ever practices. Plus the trajectory on a 1/2 or less 7 irons is lo with very little spin.

I can see that as a real issue. Especially with a shot no one ever practices. Plus the trajectory on a 1/2 or less 7 irons is lo with very little spin.

Brother you would have laughed your butt off at one of my shots. The hole has a creek at 176 (normally 220 from blue tees) off the tee, which is not really in play for me when up this close. So I hit driver and hit the GBB really well. End up with 89 yards in and the green has water long and right and the front left side has a huge deep bunker.

I literally chipped by 7 iron to one open spot like 20 yards short of the pin trying to be smart. Get up to the ball chip it again and go long, but still okay. Then chip it again but this time short and leave a 20 foot putt that I ended up making. That hole could have made my score 55. It was freaking hysterical out there.

I have done 3 club tournies a ton of times, and would never choose only 1 full swing (not from the tee) club.

Brother you would have laughed your butt off at one of my shots. The hole has a creek at 176 off the tee, which is not really in play for me when up this close. So I hit driver and hit the GBB really well. End up with 89 yards in and the green has water long and right and the front left side has a huge deep bunker.

I literally chipped by 7 iron to one open spot like 20 yards short of the pin trying to be smart. Get up to the ball chip it again and go long, but still okay. Then chip it again but this time short and leave a 20 foot putt that I ended up making. That hole could have made my score 55. It was freaking hysterical out there.

I have done 3 club tournies a ton of times, and would never choose only 1 full swing (not from the tee) club.
im laughing now, I can just hear you as you hit each shot. 3 clubs are fun and you're right, choosing the right clubs is key.

Possible format for a future THP event? :act-up:

Possible format for a future THP event? :act-up:

Im not sure people would be into it that much, but would be fun for a get together.

I think I'd be around 90 or so.... Maybe surprise myself with a tad lower.

90's I'd guess.

125. Not making any bones about it.

I'd hope to break 100

I'd hope I'd break 100 and expect sub 110.

110 with 28 putts. I hate none full shots. It's not something I practice with and other than my wedges. Glad the greens are flat otherwise it would be a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmm, I'd probably shoot around 90 or so. At that distance I'd probably find myself hitting a lot of punchy 7s.

Back