What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice choice, but you didn't include everything now did you.... when I cooked at a CC there was always at least 2 veggie's with that one...

True. There was horseradish mashed potatoes and asparagus(not sure what they did to it but it was good).

We aren't eating a dinner tonight because of our 3:30 lunch. We might have popcorn or something later during Amazing Race or Cold Case.

We went to Bds Mongoilan BBQ

You're welcome! Did you take any home?

No,
I have a tough time at all you can eat places taking any home. Its all you can eat there, not all you can eat in a lifetime...heheh

No, and I made the mistake of putting a lot of noodles in my bowl so I filled up really fast and only had one bowl. Next time it's no noodles and more veggies.

Last night my fiance made something new for dinner:

baja citrus marinated shark with garlic & parmesan stuffed and portabello stuffed tortellini in a spiced vodka sauce

Came out tasting amazing!

Last night my fiance made something new for dinner:

baja citrus marinated shark with garlic & parmesan stuffed and portabello stuffed tortellini in a spiced vodka sauce

Came out tasting amazing!

That sounds fabulous--you clearly picked the right woman.

We went to Bds Mongoilan BBQ

I take it its like Fire and Ice here in Boston... flat fee, fill a bowl and they cook it front of you?

I went on sunday and I had 5 plates.... tasty

I'm not sure what to cook Monday night, will be my first time cooking for a girl I just started seeing.

I'm not sure what to cook Monday night, will be my first time cooking for a girl I just started seeing.

Chicken breast and pasta with alfredo sauce on it. Thats a meal that is pretty easy to make.
The simple fact that you cooked a meal for her is going to be all it takes to impress her, Id bet. What you make will be far less important to her than the fact that you took the time to cook for her.

I had ramen noodles tonight. Im going to the grocery store tomorrow, so my refridgerator and cupboards were kinda bare.
I was really, really tempted to go to Culver's and get a Mushroom 'n Swiss Butterburger and Chill Cheese fries, but I decided not to.
Im trying to break my habit of eating out a couple times a week so that this summer I can play more golf. $15 for a meal out at a restaurant vs $14 for 9 holes at the local golf course. I'll take the round of golf over a meal out any day.
Last night I went to a work dinner at a really fancy restaurant. My department has made so many improvements over the last couple years that the company sprung for dinner for the whole department as a sort of, "thank you".
It was great. We had chicken breast, baked potatos, corn, some kind of sliced beef dish and a big salad. Naturally, I washed it all down with a few High Lifes and I was feeling pretty good.
One of the really great things about being a golfer is that outfits which work on the course work equally as well at a fancy restaurant. So what if my sweater has the Mizuno rubird logo on it. LOL You guys should have seen me. I had my nice Mizzie sweater, khakis, dressy shoes, gel in my hair and I even wore cologne! I was stylin' and profilin'! :D

Grill steaks--make hers a filet. Baked potatoes (350 degrees for an hour) and a Caesar salad. You can get that at a grocery store salad bar. Shows her you're a guy but you can still cook. Good red wine, simple dessert, and you're set.

We had fish sticks, mixed veggies and scalloped potatoes.

Just ate some cut up turkey w/ egg beaters and cheddar cheese.

Not dinner, but lunch: was in Memphis again today, and ate lunch at Rendevouz downtown. But apparently my Texas BBQ roots showed, as I guess I ate the wrong thing. Real Memphians don't do beef BBQ, I'm told, they do pork ribs. I ordered briscuit. Oh well, I'm certainly no Memphian, and I still enjoyed it!

Both the earlier ideas were great. As another idea, here's one of my favorites. You will need:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg Betty Crocker Julienne Potatoes (check box for additional ingredients - milk/margarine)
1 pkg Green Giant Steamers veggies (your choice)
1 pkg McCormick Grill Mates seasoning marinade (your choice, I like Mesquite - check pkg for additional ingredients - water/oil/vinegar)

Trim up the chicken breasts, removing any fat, etc. Pour the Grill Mates seasoning, 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup water (possibly also vinegar depending on the mix) into a zip lock bag and mix. Then add the two chicken breasts. Squeeze out any air and refridgerate overnight for best results.

You can either grill or bake them at this point, either turns out great. If you decide to bake them, preheat the oven to 350*F, put both chicken breasts and the marinade into a small pan and cover with foil. Bake for ~1 hour if whole breasts (45 minutes if cut into smaller breast tenderloins/strips).

Follow the directions for the potatoes and veggies. Put everything on plates and serve! :D

Back home, so we'll have the ribs we should have had for The Kid's birthday, with baked yams and steamed asparagus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back