What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Canadan here are the shoe market share numbers for this month.

FJ is 33+%
Adidas is 15.5%
Nike is 9.7%
PUMA is 9.4%
Skechers is 8.7%
ECCO is 8.5%

Of news and notes. FJ and Adidas fairly flat. Nike down. Puma and Skechers up. Ecco flat.
Really surprised to see Nike that low and Sketchers that high. Also surprised that FJ has a full third of the market.

I feel like Nike would do much better if they actually made their special designs available. Regardless I feel like they've dropped a long way in quality from the LCII glory days.

Really surprised to see Nike that low and Sketchers that high. Also surprised that FJ has a full third of the market.

Nike has been in that area for much of the last few years. They were a solid 3rd for a while, and if you go globally, they are actually 4th I believe currently. PUMA and Skechers are the biggest gainers this year and continue to climb. I honestly expect with the latest stuff that Nike ends up 6th before the end of the year in golf shoes. Heck they might be there now if it wasn't for Jordan releases.

I'm not surprised that Skechers is on the rise.

Some Coral colored Under Armpur Showdown shorts!! Been looking for a reddish orange pair for a while, found some at the UA outlet on a holiday sale for $30!!!

I'm not surprised that Skechers is on the rise.

Me neither, especially with tour sponsorships and commercials.

Me neither, especially with tour sponsorships and commercials.

I can't support them after their main tour player didn't pay a caddie the "normal" rate that is well known by everyone.....everyone.

Disgusting!

I think Nike's pricing has finally gotten out of control, their clothing accessories line is now poop, their clothing is so much, even when on sale.

I think Nike's pricing has finally gotten out of control, their clothing accessories line is now poop, their clothing is so much, even when on sale.

Whats interesting, as far as market share goes, is that their shirts and shorts continue to do very well in North America. Their shoes have been falling and quickly.

I would have thought Puma would have been a little higher. They have put out some great shoes the last couple of years, minor quality issues not withstanding

I would have thought Puma would have been a little higher. They gave put out some great shoes the last couple of years, minor quality issues not withstanding

I think most view PUMA and Nike as bigger than they are. Crazy part of the Puma side of things is that they were less than 5% just a couple of years ago.

Whats interesting, as far as market share goes, is that their shirts and shorts continue to do very well in North America. Their shoes have been falling and quickly.

How are their hats doing? hate to badger with questions.

Do you reckon Brooks, Tiger & Rory are helping them stay up their with shirts etc?

How are their hats doing? hate to badger with questions.

Do you reckon Brooks, Tiger & Rory are helping them stay up their with shirts etc?

I dont get headwear info.

920539d3be8714d2e277479919984385.jpg

I think most view PUMA and Nike as bigger than they are. Crazy part of the Puma side of things is that they were less than 5% just a couple of years ago.

Who’s designing their shoes? I’ve not kept up if they’ve made a switch from Grant.

I can't support them after their main tour player didn't pay a caddie the "normal" rate that is well known by everyone.....everyone.

Disgusting!

Fwiw, hanging with some guys from the industry who know Kuch and who’s company he’s not even a part of, they don’t believe that story still.

Tells me something.

This is def lost a lot, from where they were they’ve made moving gains, but I think some of us like to think about their soccer/track presence and just think that success will bleed over and it doesn’t quite.

Same with Nike and basketball presence.

Who’s designing their shoes? I’ve not kept up if they’ve made a switch from Grant.

Grant was/is not a designer necessarily, but has input. More brand manager than design. He leads the marketing efforts of a team with their soft goods and accessories though. Great guy and I have been fortunate to work with both he and his wife for over a decade including both of their time at Taylormade/adidas.

This is def lost a lot, from where they were they’ve made moving gains, but I think some of us like to think about their soccer/track presence and just think that success will bleed over and it doesn’t quite.

Same with Nike and basketball presence.

Nike at one point had a pretty commanding 3rd place and it was thought it would go to 2nd. Currently they are a distant 3rd and going the wrong way. The next few months will be interesting, because in my opinion without the Jordan releases, they are back to 4th or 5th right now.

Hey @Canadan here are the shoe market share numbers for this month.

FJ is 33+%
Adidas is 15.5%
Nike is 9.7%
PUMA is 9.4%
Skechers is 8.7%
ECCO is 8.5%

Of news and notes. FJ and Adidas fairly flat. Nike down. Puma and Skechers up. Ecco flat.

Interesting, I am actually surprised that FJ is not higher. Hope to see Puma keep rising as I love what they have been doing. I am curious if Nike keeps dropping, the style they make plus the moves they have been doing do not really fit with the majority of the golfing crowd.

And FINALLY acquired.
I might need to pick that one up too with the 20% off discount at Fairway Styles. Just a fantastic shirt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back