What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike at one point had a pretty commanding 3rd place and it was thought it would go to 2nd. Currently they are a distant 3rd and going the wrong way. The next few months will be interesting, because in my opinion without the Jordan releases, they are back to 4th or 5th right now.

Amazing what a difference that Jumpman makes for them.

I might need to pick that one up too with the 20% off discount at Fairway Styles. Just a fantastic shirt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Matte Grey is AMAZING.

Me neither, especially with tour sponsorships and commercials.

I have never worn Sketchers or Puma shoes until this year. Skechers just in regular shoes and Puma in golf.

I am very impressed with both lines. I could totally understanding the growth in Skechers if their golf shoes are as comfortable as the regular shoes.

For Puma, my NXT spike-less shoes are the best golf shoe I have ever worn.

I expect both of these companies to continue to eat into FJ and Nike market share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma X Collection - all of it

Specifically

The Skerries Polo, all the colors

88e0a1b04ae818f1daf4160bbe3004bf.jpg

Puma X Collection - all of it

Specifically

The Skerries Polo, all the colors

88e0a1b04ae818f1daf4160bbe3004bf.jpg

I agree with you. I’m trying to start a thread on it, but airplane WiFi is not cooperating with images. Can you help me?

Picked up this FJ polo up from the Firestone pro shop over the weekend. The FJ stuff runs a half size big, or more. Plenty of room in this M.

Pairing for today is black shorts and shoes.

c56e78e20b7e6f37acea36a65bbefc25.jpg

That’s a nice one Vortex. I got this one from there. Peter Millar.

95b34f72a20bff05d782ed59be6942be.jpg

Big fan of the Peter Millar line. I'm trending toward polos without strips and really like the club and ball pattern.

Big fan of the Peter Millar line. I'm trending toward polos without strips and really like the club and ball pattern.

Yeah it’s last seasons line. But I really liked it and it was on sale. They have a bloody Mary one I like too

God I loved that shirt....then you snagged it. Happy with mine as well but it’s in the wash now. I’ll share it late! For 30% off of a crown collection peter Millar I was pleased

These are from the Amazon Prime sale. I have a similar pair that needs to be retired. These were $29. The color is off in the photo...they’re a bright blue (official name is true blue).

cb1360ca74719f7d94679045979c45c7.jpg

I have a weird question and maybe I’m just a big PGA tour honk in this regard.

But, why don’t clothing companies sell your version shirts, even if it’s just online. The shirt Fowler is wearing today is and I totally rock it with the Grant Thornton, MB logos on there. This goes for a lot of different tour players. Not that I want to rep their sponsors but I’d think even if the individual player sold their own tour shirts, there would be a small market for it out there. I’d forgo the Nike, Adidas, UA stuff. But I’d really like the Peter Millar, FJ, etc etc shirts with the “other logos”.

This happens in every other sport and I’m aware of the “team” aspect but I don’t think most big names are switching apparel brands every couple of years. They might be switching sponsors.....but then that’s just a different shirt to sell. I just think it would add another level of fandom and coolness to their apparel line that some would hate and some would find pretty cool. I’m sure they’re would be legal mumbo jumbo but I’d imagine the sponsors logo on said shirt would help to push the retail price down (they’d subsidize it in retail)

Just thinking out loud here lol

I have a weird question and maybe I’m just a big PGA tour honk in this regard.

But, why don’t clothing companies sell your version shirts, even if it’s just online. The shirt Fowler is wearing today is and I totally rock it with the Grant Thornton, MB logos on there. This goes for a lot of different tour players. Not that I want to rep their sponsors but I’d think even if the individual player sold their own tour shirts, there would be a small market for it out there. I’d forgo the Nike, Adidas, UA stuff. But I’d really like the Peter Millar, FJ, etc etc shirts with the “other logos”.

This happens in every other sport and I’m aware of the “team” aspect but I don’t think most big names are switching apparel brands every couple of years. They might be switching sponsors.....but then that’s just a different shirt to sell. I just think it would add another level of fandom and coolness to their apparel line that some would hate and some would find pretty cool. I’m sure they’re would be legal mumbo jumbo but I’d imagine the sponsors logo on said shirt would help to push the retail price down (they’d subsidize it in retail)

Just thinking out loud here lol

Permissions to use another logo.
And...who pays who for the "advertising"

Permissions to use another logo.
And...who pays who for the "advertising"

Well not every player has logos. Rickie and Phil do, amongst a few others. I’d say the sponsors would pay for the extra advertising to an extent. But the actual cost of those logos ending up on the clothing is minimal. So just like any other advertising deal they pay a flat fee I’d think. It would be a limited run and maybe not sold on (Puma’s website) maybe it’s something the player agrees to with the apparel company that they can sell their own tour line on their own personal website and a portion goes to charity. Puma gets their money, the sponsors get a bit more advertising, the player gets people to their website and they get to donate some coin to a great charity?

Maybe I’m nuts. Lol

Well not every player has logos. Rickie and Phil do, amongst a few others. I’d say the sponsors would pay for the extra advertising to an extent. But the actual cost of those logos ending up on the clothing is minimal. So just like any other advertising deal they pay a flat fee I’d think. It would be a limited run and maybe not sold on (Puma’s website) maybe it’s something the player agrees to with the apparel company that they can sell their own tour line on their own personal website and a portion goes to charity. Puma gets their money, the sponsors get a bit more advertising, the player gets people to their website and they get to donate some coin to a great charity?

Maybe I’m nuts. Lol

I think you might be in the minority : )
You are right, not every player does. Check out Nike players...

I think you might be in the minority : )
You are right, not every player does. Check out Nike players...

This is the main reason why the apparel company wouldn’t mass produce them. It would be a “fan” item so to speak.

Then again if the exact same shirt with no logos is already available....

Never mind. Nothing to see here. Only on my first cup of coffee.

The Billy Horschel Octopus pants from the US Open years ago I could never find and it drove me nuts!

The Billy Horschel Octopus pants from the US Open years ago I could never find and it drove me nuts!

That was your partners hiding them from your websites so you could not do that to yourself

Wish these fit me
60ff03054434425129d9a45490919dff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back