Which SuperStroke Are You?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw this image in the THP Newsletter from this week. Which one are you? Want to know more about each one, check out their site here.

1614609023744.png

I've gotten away from SS after using them from 2013 to midway through 2019. Still have some putters floating around with the pistol 1.0 on them, but I don't see myself going back anytime soon. Reviewed the GripLock one last year and it was fine, just not my cup of tea.

Im back in the Pistol 1.0.

I use the Superstroke Slim 1.0
Although pondering a putter change quite seriously and would go with the Scotty pistolini and see how it performed

Last edited:
I remember when they got really popular at my course, it was all the MASSIVE width ones.

Seems like now people have settled in on the smaller shaping and leaning towards the style more than anything.

I am currently in Pistol 2.0, but I think I may try the Wristlock grip this season.

Slim 3.0 is what I played forever. Still probably good for me.

But would choose the pistol 1.0 if I was in the market for a SS currently.

something pistol.

I played with the pistol 1.0 and really liked it with my claw grip. I then experimented with the same grip in 2.0 for a prayer grip style. I’m now using a conventional grip and will be going back to the pistol 1.0. This is the grip Taylormade puts on most of their Spiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten away from SS after using them from 2013 to midway through 2019. Still have some putters floating around with the pistol 1.0 on them, but I don't see myself going back anytime soon. Reviewed the GripLock one last year and it was fine, just not my cup of tea.
Same here. Almost the exact same time frame too. Funny how tastes change - cuz when I tried the straight 1.0 I loved it. Now I prefer the Tour SNSR grips.

Slim 2.0 has been on the putter for a few years. Due for a replacement though and I've been thinking Pistol. Not sure what size yet.

The Flatso 1.0 has been my go-to for the last couple years.

Bought a Stroke Lab Double Wide from a fellow THP'r that has a Garsen on it. I'm really enjoying the grip so far using it indoors on the practice mat.
In the SS grips, the pistol is my favorite.

Same here. Almost the exact same time frame too. Funny how tastes change - cuz when I tried the straight 1.0 I loved it. Now I prefer the Tour SNSR grips.

I just really felt I was losing the feel of the putter. Ended up going with a Lamkin Sink Fit Skinny pistol and have bought a bunch of them to throw on putters I might take out to the course. I'm sure one day I'll go back to SS, but it is not this day.

I haven't used a SS grip in forever. IF I was to try one again I think it would be the Pistol GT 1.0

Just saw this image in the THP Newsletter from this week. Which one are you?

View attachment 8995750

I played the claw grip for a bit. I did not claw the putter but I liked the flat sides. It is just a bit too soft.. If there was a firm version I would play it again..

If I were to use a SS, it would most likely be a Pistol 1.0.

Yeah I went back to a pistol 1.0. Just feels right to me.

Traxion Tour 3.0 is currently on my Chicago!

I recently put a pistol grip on my putter. Love it.

I would have to look at the name. But I'm pretty sure I use the slimmest offering they make. Think its the Pistol 1.0

Slim 3.0 is the one I keep going back to.

If I were to buy one, it would be the Flatso 3.0. Prefer the feel of rubber grips.

I tried a SuperStroke a few years back but couldn't tell you which one other than it was a pistol.

I have the oversize stock grip on my SL Marxman and Toulon Palm Beach. They seem fine to me but I may try something different this year to see if it is the grip or me.

Back