Anyone a fan of this? Just won best small batch for the year

1708951448156.png

Cracked a new bottle of Eagle Rare last night. Oh so good.
Was one of my go tos when it was $29 a bottle. I miss those days.

Was one of my go tos when it was $29 a bottle. I miss those days.
It's pretty good, it's more difficult to find than difficult to price for me. I think the last two bottles that I got were from out of town, I have not found any that are local in a long time so I tend to pick them up when I see them; but even that is pretty rare since I don't just go liquor store shopping at random.

Eagle Rare can be found here in San Antonio anywhere from $35 to $80, I won't pay the higher end of the spectrum.

I've been sitting on a bottle of ER for a bit now.

Starting to think I should crack it open soon. It's far too enjoyable to sit.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Anyone a fan of this? Just won best small batch for the year

View attachment 9244994
I have a bottle but it is the A-21, so it may not be the same.

It is OK but I prefer the Frey Ranch Four Grain.

It is somewhat grain forward and not very rich. Notes of bread and caramel, maybe some tea?

Came how to a box from the wife who is out on tour and didn’t want to carry a bunch of winter stuff around anymore. In it she tucked away this bottle which she picked up at their distillery. Can’t wait to try it.
IMG_2608.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been sitting on a bottle of ER for a bit now.

Starting to think I should crack it open soon. It's far too enjoyable to sit.
I *almost* tried to get in touch with you while I was away because I was at a Rum distillery - seeing if you needed me to send you a bottle of Wicked Dolphin. I knew you had good taste!

I *almost* tried to get in touch with you while I was away because I was at a Rum distillery - seeing if you needed me to send you a bottle of Wicked Dolphin. I knew you had good taste!
haha, my rum isn't that particular from a higher end perspective - usually it's just bacardi spiced mixed unless I'm feeling particularly @AnthonyC on the day, and I slide into some Pilar.

Bourbon though? I'm definitely a bit more narrow minded. I could drink ER for forever and regret nothing.

haha, my rum isn't that particular from a higher end perspective - usually it's just bacardi spiced mixed unless I'm feeling particularly @AnthonyC on the day, and I slide into some Pilar.

Bourbon though? I'm definitely a bit more narrow minded. I could drink ER for forever and regret nothing.
Preach Neil Degrasse Tyson GIF

Literally thinking the same thing on my in to work today.
Just so good...

Things get very specific

I ordered a $100 pour of bourbon last night by mistake. 😂

Out for my son’s bday dinner at a nice steakhouse. I thought I would splurge and get a glass of pappy. They didn’t have it. They also didn’t have a bourbon list, so I wandered over to the bar and asked what was good. The bartender pointed waaaay high up at something on the top shelf (first red flag) and I said sure, let’s do it! I didn’t find out how much it cost until after dinner when the check came. Oops! It was so good that I’d almost ordered a second. Glad I held off.

Obviously the whole thing was my fault, but I’m glad I didn’t know the price beforehand because I probably would have gone with something cheaper. It absolutely lived up to the price tag though. Sazerac 18. Smoothest bourbon I’ve ever had. Just really really good. I may have to invent a reason to try it again someday. Sometimes mistakes can be fun.

I ordered a $100 pour of bourbon last night by mistake. 😂

Out for my son’s bday dinner at a nice steakhouse. I thought I would splurge and get a glass of pappy. They didn’t have it. They also didn’t have a bourbon list, so I wandered over to the bar and asked what was good. The bartender pointed waaaay high up at something on the top shelf (first red flag) and I said sure, let’s do it! I didn’t find out how much it cost until after dinner when the check came. Oops! It was so good that I’d almost ordered a second. Glad I held off.

Obviously the whole thing was my fault, but I’m glad I didn’t know the price beforehand because I probably would have gone with something cheaper. It absolutely lived up to the price tag though. Sazerac 18. Smoothest bourbon I’ve ever had. Just really really good. I may have to invent a reason to try it again someday. Sometimes mistakes can be fun.
Probably ended up saving money if Pappy was the original intent. And the regular Sazerac Rye is one of the smoothest ryes I've ever tasted. Can't imagine how good the 18 is.

Probably ended up saving money if Pappy was the original intent. And the regular Sazerac Rye is one of the smoothest ryes I've ever tasted. Can't imagine how good the 18 is.
I may have. Not sure. I’ve only tried pappy a couple of times, and both were 3 or 4 years ago before inflation went crazy. At the time in my area it was $50-$75 a pour depending on where you were (if you could even find it). One restaurant told me they had to go get it out of a safe in the manager’s office. I was half expecting it to come in a briefcase handcuffed to the waiter. They were the $50 place lol.

Had a pour of Woodford Reserve at a work function the other night. It's my easy go to..

Had a pour of Woodford Reserve at a work function the other night. It's my easy go to..
I am currently on a Gentleman Jack kick. Not fancy, but it is nice.

I have a bottle of Woodford, Toki, and Balvenie on hand at all times. The Woodford is great straight or in a Manhattan, the Toki for highballs, and the Balvenie because it is my favorite pour.

how can something called "gentleman" not be considered fancy?
Well, good point.

I should wear a top hat while I drink it.

Back