Why can't we have Japanese Golf Clubs?

Normanator

Reaction score
Combe, Witney, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Handicap
r9burnerforged6.jpg

It would be so much better if we were allowed the Japanese Golf Clubs. Some of them are amazing. What do you think?

I believe you do have Japanese irons.

Preaching to the choir mate.

I believe you do have Japanese irons.

What I mean is that it would be good that Taylormade could not just offer these two forged version of the iron that we had in the UK/US but to also offer them to us in US/UK as they seem to be only a stock/standard club in Japan.

What I mean is that it would be good that Taylormade could not just offer these two forged version of the iron that we had in the UK/US but to also offer them to us in US/UK as they seem to be only a stock/standard club in Japan.

Different markets and if you look over top sellers in the US, their strategy and the rest of the US companies' strategies seem to be in the right direction for the market that is over here for the time being.

It's just a different market. We think they are "cooler" looking because it's different and not what we're used to. I bet they are saying the same thing about wanting American clubs.

It's just a different market. We think they are "cooler" looking because it's different and not what we're used to. I bet they are saying the same thing about wanting American clubs.

Dude theyre all forged which we all know means theyre better :alien: But seriously look how badass those irons look. Ours selection wimpers in shame compared to those. Sure chunky is probably the only forum member that could play them off the shelf but still..

I sort of agree with the OP. They've also got the Ghost Spider with three lines (similar to the Corza Ghost site lines) instead of the basketball court graphic. They've also got the ghost itsy bitsy. And, it almost makes me feel hosed.

Oh and I think they have xFT wedges in a black pearl finish.

I sort of agree with the OP. They've also got the Ghost Spider with three lines (similar to the Corza Ghost site lines) instead of the basketball court graphic. They've also got the ghost itsy bitsy. And, it almost makes me feel hosed.

Well, you can always move to Japan.

I think I remember being able to order off of Japanese sites and ship internationally. It won't be cheap, but beggars can't be choosers.

I agree, sometimes it seems like the OEM's think their largest market for GI clubs consists of 12 year olds (Diablo...with flames on the back...really?). I'm waiting for Taylormade to come out with a Spiderman themed set.

Dude theyre all forged which we all know means theyre better :alien: But seriously look how badass those irons look. Ours selection wimpers in shame compared to those. Sure chunky is probably the only forum member that could play them off the shelf but still..

You can buy them on eBay if you want some... And like I said, the Japanese probably think our clubs look way better than theirs because it's different. Same reason I and most other kids think throwback is better.

Well, you can always move to Japan.

I think I remember being able to order off of Japanese sites and ship internationally. It won't be cheap, but beggars can't be choosers.

Seriously? The attitude is unnecessary.

Although most of the Japanese version of our clubs do look good there are some which are a down grade on our clubs.

2.0J5.jpg

Tourspec Golf - They have a ton of cool stuff.

Agreed, but at a price. Then shipping. But we've been told beggars can't be choosers. I reckon I can choose not to buy it.

Yeah they do but you end up paying so much for the clubs you wouldn't bother with it. I just think it would be nice if Taylormade or any other brand whom have different version of the clubs we know in Japan could offer those Japanese version as STANDARD in the UK/US.

Seriously? The attitude is unnecessary.

How helpful. I'm sure the OP didn't think of that.

You're entitled to your opinion, that OEMs should make some of the Japanese stuff available for US consumers.. I am entitled to my opinion, that it really isn't that big of a deal and if it bothered me that much I can still buy the Japanese released clubs.

TaylorMade and others are not non-profit organizations. They are big business and have to turn a profit. As I said earlier, if you look at the trends of sales, they would be fools to offer some of the wishes that are mentioned here, based on what seems to sell and what doesn't.

Yeah they do but you end up paying so much for the clubs you wouldn't bother with it. I just think it would be nice if Taylormade or any other brand whom have different version of the clubs we know in Japan could offer those Japanese version as STANDARD in the UK/US.

If they offered the Japanese versions as standard in the US, would they still be Japanese versions?

you're entitled to your opinion, that oems should make some of the japanese stuff available for us consumers.. I am entitled to my opinion, that it really isn't that big of a deal and if it bothered me that much i can still buy the japanese released clubs.

exactly correct!!

Diamana X shaft for 800. Burner SF2.0J for 630?? Expensive stuff. I recon eBay would be cheaper.

Back