Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Looks like they are mating. My gf says that if one ever chases you, to run in a zig zag patern. They cant turn well. Lol. Was this at Rio?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Yep, 17th tee at Rio....I have seen lots of little babies there lately too...here are some pics

photo1_zpsfe76ea2c.jpg

photo2_zps64515bc5.jpg

Awesome pics TBT!! thanks dude

Wow lots of cool animals I hope I see a gator when I goto Florida in April.

We had this guy following us for a few holes yesterday at Atlantic City Country Club. I think he was after my toasted peanut butter crackers.

Wow lots of cool animals I hope I see a gator when I goto Florida in April.

We had this guy following us for a few holes yesterday at Atlantic City Country Club. I think he was after my toasted peanut butter crackers.

That is awesome

Some great pic's, it's crazy how close these are getting to everyone.

Love the Fox pics, they are beautiful creatures.

The Big gator at my course laying out today....there are several of them there...but this is the big guy!
IMG_0204_zps7310becc.jpg

Saw this off the tee box last week
e2yzesun.jpg

Drove my ball left toward the water on Saturday and when I was looking for it this is what I found:

WxAJ3fO.jpg

Needless to say, I took a drop.

Mostly just deer, turkeys, and snakes in Manhattan, KS. I've got some friends that could double as Sasquatch at times, but I don't think they count in regards to this thread. :wink:

This big fella followed me around Sunday watching me hit wedge shots over a lake.
DSC00587_zps30c4fb8a.jpg

He's probably 10" head to tail.
Apparently he was interested in my spur-of-the-moment ball testing.

That's pretty cute, looks like he's smileing. Was he making a statement about your pace of play? lol

That's pretty cute, looks like he's smileing. Was he making a statement about your pace of play? lol

Ha! Funny.

There was probably two holes behind me until the next group. I'd rather see him in the lake I was hitting over instead of Tripod!
stumpy-the-alligator.jpg

Ha! Funny.

There was probably two holes behind me until the next group. I'd rather see him in the lake I was hitting over instead of Tripod!
stumpy-the-alligator.jpg

Completely agree with that one.

I played Salt Fork right outside of Columbus and they had some of the meanest turkeys around

Tapa Slice

Some friends and I were at The Plantation Course at Edisto Island, SC just about to start from the first tee, when all of a sudden 3 deer jump out right in front of us. The real surprise was when the second one to jump out was an albino deer, no one had a camera ready, but it was pretty cool to see.

Ha! Funny.

stumpy-the-alligator.jpg

I can barely stand rattle snakes, I couldn't imagine running into on of those

When I was in Texas we had turtles, wild turkeys, and the occasional ball stealing squirrels.

Saw this at Royal Pahang, Malaysia

IMG_6919.jpg

Elk, Deer, Fox, Coyote, and Antelope

I was teeing off at TPC Myrtle Beach and a buddy said "Don't let that gator get you!!!!". I laughed it off as a bad joke, but when I turned around, there was about an 8ft Gator watching me tee off about 12ft behind me.

Same round, I left a pack of crackers open on the seat of the cart, and the largest crow I've ever seen came down inside the cart and tore the crackers to bits while I was on the tee box. There was orange cracker and peanut butter everywhere.

A couple days later, I was on the putting green and looked back to see one of those huge fox squirrels they have in Myrtle Beach tearing through the storage cubby looking for food in the cart. He ripped out my buddy's towel, wallet and glasses and threw them on the ground to steal his Powerbar, which was still sealed in the wrapper.

Playing at Waterway Hills and hit a ball down into a little gully and went to get it and a Cottonmouth had claimed a brand new B330 as his own. I thought I would wave a club at it and it would run off, but it started chasing me out of the gully. He got to keep that golf ball.

Just about a month ago, a huge goose attacked my buddy on the course when he went down by the water to look for his ball that he had hooked. He got out of there, so the goose took his aggression out on his bag and push cart for a while. The next day, the goose came across the entire lake after the same guy. For some reason, that goose didn't like him much. He didn't mess with anyone else.

I played Red Tail in Devens, MA last weekend and saw their "mascot" (as described by a memeber), a Red Tail Hawk flying over #6

Squirrels and rabbits are about as exciting as it gets round here, occasionally the odd deer - am so pleased we don't have to contend with snakes or 'gators

Saw this one Saturday at Jekyll Island's Indian Mounds course, he was between 4 and 5 feet long.

JekyllIslandgator_zpsb3898b2b.jpg

Back