Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

1B30A950-0B7C-4549-A4FD-E1E23A833505_zpszbdjh2un.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This short par three has the ability to take away the shot you may of made up on the last hole. If your off the green in any of the waste area and up and down could be very difficult.

Not a ton of strategy here. Hit the green. Can't tell from the picture how much room there is long.

11 is a good par 3. Pretty simple, do your best to not miss the green. Best miss would be long but not a ton of room back there. Hit to the tier that the pin is on, if not you're looking at a tough 2 putt in most cases. Up/down from the waste area is tough indeed.

Looks like a mound in the middle of the green. Goal like any hole is to hit the green and take the two putt. Will try to put the ball on the right level and try to avoid any downhill putts

I feel like I can be aggressive at this hole. Anywhere from a 7-5 iron is what I would use.

If there's a range I feel most comfortable in, it's 130-150...which is exactly what the whites/blues work out to...going straight for that pin! What waste area?

edit: know i just set myself up for a necro quote in 3 months...

This one is easy, don't miss short, left, right, or too long... A good tee shot is anywhere on the green, though the green is tiered and it takes a hell of a whack to get it from the bottom to the top if you're on the wrong tier. For our group, seemed to play a club longer than the ranged yardage, and I don't think it was because of the wind.

I'm taking aim at the pin with a wedge and lettin' 'er fly.

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on these holes and also hearing the past experiences.

Great idea for this thread Kevin.

if there's a range i feel most comfortable in, it's 130-150...which is exactly what the whites/blues work out to...going straight for that pin! What waste area?

Edit: Know i just set myself up for a necro quote in 3 months...
Why do you jinx yourself???

Bad teammate, no cookie.

:D

This one is easy, don't miss short, left, right, or too long... A good tee shot is anywhere on the green, though the green is tiered and it takes a hell of a whack to get it from the bottom to the top if you're on the wrong tier. For our group, seemed to play a club longer than the ranged yardage, and I don't think it was because of the wind.

Yeah I thought I hit the perfect shot, right at the pin...until the wind knocked it down right into the lip of the bunker short. Those bunkers are not fun..at ALL

The green is huge and has some big elevation changes from front to back.

Easiest advice to play defensive is just get it on the green. Doesn't have to be pretty.

If you're feeling good, getting it on the right part of the green (front/back) is pretty important to avoid a 3 putt. Plays longer than the yardage for me if the pin is in back.

Missing short is probably better than left/right, so don't be too sad if you chunk it.

Not sure if has been mentioned before, but how are the greens between Caledonia and TB? Comparable, or one faster than the other?

Not sure if has been mentioned before, but how are the greens between Caledonia and TB? Comparable, or one faster than the other?

Fairly comparable IMO. I can't say that my thought process has changed from one to the other. Just important to pay attention to slope and knowing where not to go, etc.

I think they were pretty similar but both have nice short game practice areas so spending time on those Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will help for sure.

Speed wise they seemed similar, with TB seeming a bit faster to me. Also, TB greens seemed bigger to me, but it could have just been the openness of the course playing tricks on my mind.

Speed wise they seemed similar, with TB seeming a bit faster to me. Also, TB greens seemed bigger to me, but it could have just been the openness of the course playing tricks on my mind.
For me it was the exact opposite lol. Amazing how much golfers differ sometimes. To me the greens at Caledonia were much smoother and because of that to me the ball rolled quicker. I putted much better at Caledonia than I did at TB. But again just my opinion which seems to be wrong as 3 others have said they were comparable lol.

I'm looking at a 6-8 iron depending on pin position, just trying to get on the green an escape with a par.

For me it was the exact opposite lol. Amazing how much golfers differ sometimes. To me the greens at Caledonia were much smoother and because of that to me the ball rolled quicker. I putted much better at Caledonia than I did at TB. But again just my opinion which seems to be wrong as 3 others have said they were comparable lol.

Maybe your nerves settled down after the 1st round. #TeeBall :) Made me feel so much better to see a guy with your game have that happen. I know that sounds mean but it definitely made me feel better. Haha

Maybe your nerves settled down after the 1st round. #TeeBall :) Made me feel so much better to see a guy with your game have that happen. I know that sounds mean but it definitely made me feel better. Haha
I was strictly going off of my practice rounds from the previous two days lol. 78 at TB and 69 at Caledonia. Of those 9 strokes I'd say at least 6 to 7 were from comfort of putting at Caledonia! As far as the tee shot goes after seeing Trout rip it right down the pipe I tried killing mine lol that's my story and I'm sticking to to it lol.

Both really really slow ;)

11 happens to be the hole where mpeterson turned from a 17hcp into a manimal.

441 and I came off 10 a stroke up and feeling pretty confident. I tee off on 11 and am really proud to find the putting surface. Maybe 30-35 feet from the pin? It was the back pin and I was down the hill I think. Pretty sure 441 does the same.

mpeterson casually puts the ball to 10 feet.

Stupid mpeterson.

11 happens to be the hole where mpeterson turned from a 17hcp into a manimal.

441 and I came off 10 a stroke up and feeling pretty confident. I tee off on 11 and am really proud to find the putting surface. Maybe 30-35 feet from the pin? It was the back pin and I was down the hill I think. Pretty sure 441 does the same.

mpeterson casually puts the ball to 10 feet.

Stupid mpeterson.

Reliving this stuff is torture, thank the lord he wasnt on camera for most of that beating he gave us.

HOTD: will you bite off more than you can chew? That waste bunker will come into play. Once you navigate the dogleg the approach shot in isn't bad ranging from 150-200 depending on your tee ball. Avoid the large waste area to the right of the green. The sand is softer the closer you get to the green.

C1C0C45A-2A6F-4AAB-9C21-6405A1FF4FB3.png_zpsser3e6yo.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

There are two options here for me.

1 - I step up and hammer a driver with what I expect will be a draw. My line will be inside the bunker running along the left side of the fairway. Great result is wedge or short iron into the green, worst result is we're taking AMart's drive because I hit through the fairway into the waste area. It'll take a pretty healthy cut to get there, as I think we had 295 to the tree lines from where we teed off in round one last year.

2 - With the wind at my back, I'll hit a three wood with a line a bit closer to the fairway and expect it to clear trouble. This is a bit more risky in terms of clearing, but takes out the waste area beyond. For a smarter play, I'll hit a draw off the middle of the fairway (I expect a draw) and the more it draws, the closer my approach shot is.

Don't be fooled by a green in regulation here. It's BIG and they are typically fast. focus on getting your approach tight or expect to battle a three putt.

Back