Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I didn't really care for the tour 90s either and swapped them out with some DG s300s I had on hand. I will agree that the scoring clubs are absolute weapons, the gap wedge especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that GW! I may drop some DG's into them, I've always gotten along much better with DG products.

Love that GW! I may drop some DG's into them, I've always gotten along much better with DG products.

I have carded two eagles in my golfing life, and both have come in the past six months using that gap wedge. I would love to try the XP 105 or 115 in these. One of these days...

45 holes with these today. Had been awhile aince i gamed them as ive been reviewing the F6 irons.
And right out of the gate i throw up a 39.
My confidence with these irons is something i havent had in the last few years. The 5 and 6 irons seem to just be so easy to hit and launch into orbit.
The 7 is my go to as i had to use it for 3 of the 4 par 3s and is my typical layup club.
Didnt use the 8 or 9 all day lol.
And i love the PW and set AW they just launch crazy high.
Continue to love the graphite shafts in these. They feel so great and just help the ball soar. And the toe forgivness continues to shine and the few occasions i was out there.

Heck i even hit a 4 iron...twice. jot sure when the last time i even tried a 4I anywhere was.

Might be looking to get the lies on these adjusted accordingly now the swing has taken form.

45 holes with these today. Had been awhile aince i gamed them as ive been reviewing the F6 irons.
And right out of the gate i throw up a 39.
My confidence with these irons is something i havent had in the last few years. The 5 and 6 irons seem to just be so easy to hit and launch into orbit.
The 7 is my go to as i had to use it for 3 of the 4 par 3s and is my typical layup club.
Didnt use the 8 or 9 all day lol.
And i love the PW and set AW they just launch crazy high.
Continue to love the graphite shafts in these. They feel so great and just help the ball soar. And the toe forgivness continues to shine and the few occasions i was out there.

Heck i even hit a 4 iron...twice. jot sure when the last time i even tried a 4I anywhere was.

Might be looking to get the lies on these adjusted accordingly now the swing has taken form.

Were the irons not used today because of gapping or just how the course played out?

Were the irons not used today because of gapping or just how the course played out?
No...i knew i was playing more than 18 today just didnt think it would all be at one course. Had to take it easy on my hands

Hit these against the F5 irons at a W/S demo day in NMB. I think I love the F5's but the C200's are still a tad longer. Both feel great though.

Hit these against the F5 irons at a W/S demo day in NMB. I think I love the F5's but the C200's are still a tad longer. Both feel great though.

And that sound though... so addicting.

I had a "fitting" scheduled at an Atlanta store today. There was a young girl scheduled in the 30 minute time slot prior to my time. I introduced myself to the Wilson rep 10 minutes before my time and stepped over to the putting green for a few minutes until my time. At exactly my time I returned to the hitting bay and he allowed the girl to continue to hit. He noticed me standing there 5 minutes later and asked was there anything in particular I wanted to hit, I told him the C200 was what I wanted to really give a try. he pulled a 7 iron out of his fitting cart and put me in the hitting bay next door. I thought at any time he would check on me to answer questions or in general help me out, after about 7 or 8 minutes of crappy hitting he came over and asked how I liked the iron. I told him not too well and then he asked if by chance I used longer than standard shafts (I'm 6-4), I have been fitted at 3/4 over standard a few times, he found a +1/2" shaft and I also told him I am usually 2° upright, he found that head and I was set to go.

I got back into the hitting bay and hit the ball much better, these irons are very straight to me, I was hitting everything slightly left, maybe 3 yards and at one point 4 shots were so similar it was hard to distinguish that there were 4 tracer lines on the screen instead of 1. I was enjoying the accuracy and really wanted to ask some questions but the girl stayed in his actual fitting station and he never came back. This did not sit too well with me so after 25 of my scheduled 30 minute fitting I simply went over to the next bay and handed him the iron and thanked him for his "time". I felt that was better than letting him know how disappointed I was with my Wilson Staff experience.

As an afterthought I want everyone to know that it is a 2 hour one-way drive for me to do this so I am thinking I will never again attend anything supposedly sponsored by Wilson Staff. They also had promised a sleeve of balls for all who signed up for the "fitting" but of course none were offered and I was not really in the frame of mind to even ask if they were actually giving them out.

I was very excited to give these irons a try, I think WS has a great product here but they have been crossed off my list because of a bad experience.

It stinks that you had a bad experience DD. I'd let W/S know about it, if it was me. Last year I went to a D200 fitting and the two reps there were both extremely friendly and hand's on with everyone there. Sounds like you got a bad rep who was a bit preoccupied and I'm sure W/S would like to hear about it, based on how receptive they've been to feedback.

Hate to hear that DD. In my experience the local OEM reps can be a real mixed bag. Have you thought about providing some feedback on your experience to the brand via social media or email? I'm sure they would want to hear about your experience.

I probably will not contact WS, I am old school and think that a company should be represented by people who are competent and customer oriented, he is a direct representative of the company and the responsibility is theirs. I seriously wonder if he is on any type of commission because who would you spend time with if it were about $$ a young girl who was hitting a 100 yard slice with her driver or a 68 year old retiree who specifically came to hit a certain club? I know who I would assume has more to spend. I look at it as his loss and a bad experience for me. I think I will only visit Dana Upshaw for my fittings from now on, he is expensive but you know you leave with the best option and fit possible.

And that sound though... so addicting.

Yeah. I honestly think my next set of irons will be from the F line. Maybe even the F5s at some point.

Got my friend to try the D200s and he is thinking of trading in his Ping G15s and getting these.

I probably will not contact WS, I am old school and think that a company should be represented by people who are competent and customer oriented, he is a direct representative of the company and the responsibility is theirs. I seriously wonder if he is on any type of commission because who would you spend time with if it were about $$ a young girl who was hitting a 100 yard slice with her driver or a 68 year old retiree who specifically came to hit a certain club? I know who I would assume has more to spend. I look at it as his loss and a bad experience for me. I think I will only visit Dana Upshaw for my fittings from now on, he is expensive but you know you leave with the best option and fit possible.

Sorry you had a bad experience DD. At the same time, letting W/S know about the rep is helpful to them, since feedback is important to having a good team out there. So while it's their responsibility, they need the info.

I had a good experience with the rep up here when I went to try these at a demo day. I almost bought a set of these, as the deal was ridiculous. 10% off, and a stand or cart bag with 6 or more iron purchase.

That's pretty darn frustrating and poor judgement and professionalism exhibited by their rep.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the OEM rep. I too know how it feels like to drive 2 hours one way only to have it wasted. I would let WS know about my bad experience if anything to get their people to honor their time commitments. This unfortunately isn't the first bad experience I have heard about a WS rep and demo days.

I had a fitting on Saturday at the Phoenix area PGA SS. The fitter took his time and for the first time ever I was fit into a 2* upright iron. I guess it worked, less than half a dozen swings later... A hole in one on the simulator! Gave me a free box of balls for the shot. Really wish I could afford the C-200's, love the feel of them.

5182.jpeg

I was going to get fit for some yesterday at the Chandler PGA, but managed to mess up my days and thought it was today... D'oh!!! Now I gotta wait til the next one... Really sucks because I really got my eye on these for when I get a new set here pretty soon...

This thread and the reviews are fantastic. I came looking for information because I just won a full set of the C200 irons and was hoping to see good things. The problem is that they aren't fitted (although previous fittings, although not thorough have put me at standard everything).

I'm curious to see how they perform for me (I'll have to pull all of the grips first - mid-size work far better for me - I strangle normal size grips). I'm excited for them to arrive (hopefully late this week, or early next)

I don't know why it took me so long to pick up a set of these after getting fitted, with the C200 flex face head in the KBS 90 shaft these things are so money for me.

I have gotten more distance out of these than any other iron I've ever played, last night I was playing a round with the family so I try and hit clubs and distances I wouldn't normally try, my 6 and 7 iron weren't getting a quick fix so I had to hit 5 or 8 on a down wind par 3 3rd that's about 210 to carry the front, I decided to try and put a whooping on a 8 iron and landed about 15 yards short and ran onto the front edge of the green, I have never been so confident with a set of irons.

The other main point besides distance I've seen is these is the forgiveness out of the rough, I'm able to put any swing on a ball and get it out of the rough and advance it quite a bit, I was hoping I could get the 4 iron grooved for a tee replacement, but the 5 iron has worked great for that.

I hope the honeymoon period doesn't end, but I see a long happy relationship with these.

I don't know why it took me so long to pick up a set of these after getting fitted, with the C200 flex face head in the KBS 90 shaft these things are so money for me.

I have gotten more distance out of these than any other iron I've ever played, last night I was playing a round with the family so I try and hit clubs and distances I wouldn't normally try, my 6 and 7 iron weren't getting a quick fix so I had to hit 5 or 8 on a down wind par 3 3rd that's about 210 to carry the front, I decided to try and put a whooping on a 8 iron and landed about 15 yards short and ran onto the front edge of the green, I have never been so confident with a set of irons.

The other main point besides distance I've seen is these is the forgiveness out of the rough, I'm able to put any swing on a ball and get it out of the rough and advance it quite a bit, I was hoping I could get the 4 iron grooved for a tee replacement, but the 5 iron has worked great for that.

I hope the honeymoon period doesn't end, but I see a long happy relationship with these.

Honeymoon period will end but the marriage can be long and happy - I still love mine every round.

Honeymoon period will end but the marriage can be long and happy - I still love mine every round.

That's really good to hear!

Man these irons are crazy long. I had a 167 yard shot which i hit 6I with flush out of the rough and it went 25 yards lver the green. I was long all day which has happened a few times recently already. Might be time to readjust distances with these bad boys

This thread and the reviews are fantastic. I came looking for information because I just won a full set of the C200 irons and was hoping to see good things. The problem is that they aren't fitted (although previous fittings, although not thorough have put me at standard everything).

I'm curious to see how they perform for me (I'll have to pull all of the grips first - mid-size work far better for me - I strangle normal size grips). I'm excited for them to arrive (hopefully late this week, or early next)[/QUOTE

Congrats on the clubs. I would take them to a local shop and see if any adjustments are required.

Man these irons are crazy long. I had a 167 yard shot which i hit 6I with flush out of the rough and it went 25 yards lver the green. I was long all day which has happened a few times recently already. Might be time to readjust distances with these bad boys

That's pretty darn long for a 6i for sure. Swing changes kicking in? Or you think you're trusting them more and can start putting some extra power behind it?

That's pretty darn long for a 6i for sure. Swing changes kicking in? Or you think you're trusting them more and can start putting some extra power behind it?
While i have been longer as of late that distance isnt the norm. Just a flier more than likely. But i am a solid club ish longer through most of the irons

Back