Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

I've got no mental block whatsoever with the name on the bottom

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I don't have a mental block either. I just have a wallet block.

Love you, dear!

Doubtful she sees this, but you can't be to careful.

This driver is insanely solid, and its so cool to see so many from #THPLegacy so excited about what they are seeing from it.

I hit it on the monitor a bit today since my driver swing wasn't wonky, some really really pleasant launch and spin numbers for me....and that sound!

I'd like to try one of these. Seriously!

I had some struggles off the tee this weekend, but after we celebrated Team Heritage's victory with them, we went out for another 18. I hit it very well. I wish I could bottle my last 2 drives. I was inside 120 into the wind on 17 and inside 90 on 18 at TB. Not sure where that was the rest of the weekend, but this driver is up to the task of any driver on the market if you have the sack to play it.

Paging Spivey....is that driver still in your local store? If so we might need to talk.

I'll go more indepth in my Legacy recap, but just let me say after grip & set up changes on the range, I went from a ballooning fade to a piercing draw.
There is no doubt this head performs.

Last edited:
I will have one with me in Savannah. You are more than welcome to try it.

Just called. They do not. Sorry!

Sounds like a plan partner ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will openly admit that the driver was the most nervous for me heading into Legacy, but I must say it's not anymore. The tour green shaft and the head were a great combo, and I really enjoyed playing it, and it will be in my bag as of now. Impressed to say the least

I will have one with me in Savannah. You are more than welcome to try it.

Just called. They do not. Sorry!
No apology needed. I slept on it. If I hadn't just traded for the XR the week prior, I would have jumped on it. As good as this is, I'm intrigued to see what they come out with this fall.

I love this driver. The sum of all the parts and the tech is a forgiving head with great ball speeds and even better looks. The weight didn't even occur to me after the first handful of swings.
I was fortunate enough to see quite a few before and after swings of yours with this club and it's truly night and day. You were piping that thing so well all weekend long. Going to be in your bag for some time methinks

I was fortunate enough to see quite a few before and after swings of yours with this club and it's truly night and day. You were piping that thing so well all weekend long. Going to be in your bag for some time methinks
Definitely.

This thing performed like an absolute champ coming down the back 9 at True Blue for Sunday Singles, so clearly it will perform anywhere at anytime. I also was able to take some stupid aggressive lines at Caledonia just because I was SO confident with the D200.
Long. High. Straight. Easy to move one way or the other. I can't come up with a negative about this club.

I played mine at 14* (Thanks Duffy!!), neutral setting, with a Tour Blue shaft. Fantastic combo for me. I'm trying to remember the Flightscope numbers but I could be wrong.

Ballspeed 155-159
Launch 9-10
Spin 2800

Good strikes I had Smash Factor of 1.49 and when I clanked one of the heel or toe it dropped to a respectable 1.43. THAT is something I can live with all day long!

Love the feedback from the legacy guys!
Looking forward to thoughts on this going forward.

Sounds very promising!

The thing that amazes me most, I'm a short hitter, high handicap. This driver flat out works for me. T2GRN18 is a super long hitter, low handicap. This driver flat out works for him. The only differences are loft and shaft. When was the last time you saw a driver from one of the "big names" that was loved by low and high handicaps at the same time?

I'll go more indepth in my Legacy recap, but just let me say after grip & set up changes on the range, I went from a ballooning fade to a piercing draw.

Brother, you were a machine with that thing.

I must try this driver. Hopefully, someone will have one with a regular shaft in Savannah.

I'm curious to hear your additional thoughts. My lone experience with the club was a series of ballooning fades. The thread and Chicago experience had peaked my interest so I gave it an unsuccessful initial try.

It's long. Really long. It took me some time to get used to it, but once I did, I hit some pretty bombing drives. And the face is so forgiving in terms of distance when not hitting the center.

~Rock

It's long. Really long. It took me some time to get used to it, but once I did, I hit some pretty bombing drives. And the face is so forgiving in terms of distance when not hitting the center.

~Rock

Good grief - if you say you were hitting it long, how long were they? In KC it seemed like you were 270 every drive!!

Good grief - if you say you were hitting it long, how long were they? In KC it seemed like you were 270 every drive!!

Slightly longer a few times. Had more rollout in Pawley's Island than in KC, so that may be part of it. I'm not one to really measure length.....of drives.

Ok, moving on.

~Rock

I must try this driver. Hopefully, someone will have one with a regular shaft in Savannah.

Ken, maybe reach out to JB. I think he still has a demo club - don't know what shaft it might have, but maybe it can make the trip to Savannah.

I'm curious to hear your additional thoughts. My lone experience with the club was a series of ballooning fades. The thread and Chicago experience had peaked my interest so I gave it an unsuccessful initial try.

I can only imagine the experience the guys had last fall - sure looked amazing following along in the thread. I can say this... I tried the D200, with the stock shaft, and did not like it. I could get usable drives, but they were very high, very spinny, and not very long. The D200 I gamed in The Legacy (and now current gamer) has a stiff Aldila Tour Blue, and that is a solid combination.

I had some struggles off the tee this weekend, but after we celebrated Team Heritage's victory with them, we went out for another 18. I hit it very well. I wish I could bottle my last 2 drives. I was inside 120 into the wind on 17 and inside 90 on 18 at TB. Not sure where that was the rest of the weekend, but this driver is up to the task of any driver on the market if you have the sack to play it.
You just needed to play with me this weekend and you would have been fine. Haha

Here are some numbers courtesy of a PGA SS sim. I think they are a little suspect as no matter what I tried I couldn't get a smash factor over 1.40, despite getting close to 1.49 on THPs Flightscope a few days ago.
Regardless the flight, accuracy, and consistency are freaking marvelous.
It's worth noting that the 'right light' technology works and it shows in the club head speed that I've gained just by switching to the D200. Mine was ordered and built to 45" so there's no extra shaft length here.

d24d4d2bf8531d610f96a7094a85a2c8.jpg

Also, I dont think there's a D200 Fairway thread so I'll post those results here.
5 wood, Tour Blue 65 Stiff.

8197e39923e61a8b507464e7d3d418b8.jpg

Little tight ArmyGolf push draws across the board. Freakin nice.

Interesting that you appear to be launching the driver higher than the 5W. But the distance clearly shakes out.

Back