Would you join Augusta?

I'd join in a heartbeat. You can't play all of the time, but I would be ok with that.

If I got to the point where I could be a member at ANGC, I'd probably be a member elsewhere as well.

It really depends.

While the policy may be lifted that does not mean all people are accepted by the rest of the members . The last thing I want is to golf and feel the pressure that I am always being judged.

I can golf the worst course in the world if I had great company it would be the best day golfing. Likewise I can golf the best course in the world with bad company and I will wish I never played that day . Golf to me is about the quality of the company you are in not the quality of the course.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Lots of generalizations about the membership IMO. Does anyone know for a fact that they're stuffy, judgmental and the like? I mean, the membership consists of some really interesting people who quite honestly, don't really need to put on airs. I'd guess they're more interested in maintaining a place they can relax and enjoy themselves in peace. If you're fortunate enough to play there, my guess is the membership would be very hospitable. And if you were a member, I think there would be very little chance of any type of ostracization, etc. Again, these are just guesses. There are tons of clubs out there where the membership are probably WASPy and not very welcoming if you don't meet a certain criteria, but I doubt Augusta is one of them.

I could care less who they allow in as members. It doesn't effect anything in my day one way or another. The average age of the club is in the 60 year old range, not much of a men's club. I can't bring my friends when ever I want and play is limited to a few months out of the year. I can think of better courses to spend my money on and better climates.

I love Augusta because it has an aura about it. If I joined that would be gone and it would be another course. I used to think TPC Sawgrass was all that and a bag of chips. To me it's just another track I have played and played well.

I'd join and visit it a couple times a year and once for a full week. If I was important enough to invited to be a member there, their membership policies are the last thing I'm worried about.

Not me. Not interested. Great place to visit, but that is it.

A lot more yes's than I expected honestly but nothing wrong with that at all, it was an honest question. I wonder what dues are there lol, I've heard $1 to $150,000

I've heard that the due's depend on how good of a year they have. Heard that members get a letter at the end of each year saying how successful the club was for the season and at the bottom is the dues. Some years the dues are nothing. I did hear that the year that they ran the Masters without commercials that the dues were higher for the members.

Oh and to answer the question. I would become a member in a heartbeat. Would it make total sense for me to do it? Nope, but hell I'd be a member at Augusta National.

Absolutely, don't have to think twice

I wouldn't join. If I were in a position where I could afford such a place I'd rather spend it somewhere like the Hideaway and another top rate uber exclusive establishment where it's more about golf, socializing, and belonging to the club. It seems politics play to large of a role at Augusta National for my liking.

I'd become a member for the networking opportunities alone. Besides, from what I can gather I'd probably only be able to play once or twice a year at most and attend the Master's tournament anyway, so why not have a great story to pass on to my kids and grand-kids that I had the opportunity to be a part of something VERY unique and special.

I'd join in a heartbeat!

If they extended the invitation my cash would be in their hands in a heartbeat. That place is as close to heaven as I'll ever get.

If I had the opportunity to join, I'd be all over it.

I wouldn't join. They accepted their first African American member in 1990 and only after pressure from outsiders. That's not the place I would prefer to spend my leisure time. For me it's not about them not wanting black members that's fine with me. They are private and can do as they choose.

If I got the invitation to join I'd be on it in a heartbeat!!

I'll admit that I'd like to see them host an LPGA event at some point. It appears that ANGC is coming around a bit more, what with the Drive/Chip/Putt event and being accommodating with the fan base, but there is still room for growth IMO. That said, they are a private club and reserve the right to operate freely however they choose.

I'd love to see them host an LPGA event. It'd be so awesome. But, they wouldn't do it as just another tourney and the LPGA already has 5 majors.

I don't think I would join. Granted it is hard to say until, I'm asked! I want to be a member at a club that is open and inviting towards any and all. Augusta just isn't that. I know its a private club and they can run it they way they want. For me, it doesn't work. Great course but it won't hurt me to never play it.

How is this discrimination? It's simply a private club, they allow who they want and if women were not allowed then so be it, but thats not, IMHO, discrimination (any more so than not allowing me to join because my net worth isn't high enough). This is not a public entity! I would join in a heart beat.

I'd join in a heartbeat. They're a private club and should have the right to decide who is a member and who isn't. It would also be unbearable to be around me. I would have to tell everybody I come in contact with I was a member.

I don't really know. I would have to visit, meet a bunch of the members and then decide if they were worthy of my membership.

I'm already part of a club that's got less than 1% of the American population as members at any point in time, you have to apply to join before you turn 35, you can be kicked out for getting fat, and plenty of subsections of the club don't allow females. I am all about exclusivity.

So, yeah, I'd join Augusta.

If I was ever lucky enough to be invited to play a round as a guest, I'd jump at the opportunity. But I wouldn't join, even if I could afford it.

I'd join, but not necessarily for the golf. Like Panda said, once you've played it a few times, I'm sure it begins to lose some of the luster. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it am sure all that glitters isn't gold. I'd join for the ability to better my family's life through connections made in the membership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd join. Easier to make change from within than from outside.

Back