Xcaliber Rapid Taper 105 Iron Shaft Review

I miss swinging these, heck I miss playing golf period!

There's one down in parker that opened this year. Haven't checked it out yet.

There's one down in parker that opened this year. Haven't checked it out yet.
All Uneekor overhead monitors, one I was on was E6 not premium license (no pebble etc), one had improved software which has much better putting, bad shot punishment etc.
Mine is month old, still setting up but full fitting options coming, putting green, teaching bay. $75 for 90min, able to warm up, play 2 18's (auto putt anywhere on green)

Reactions: J4U
Hey @Jman, I'm trying to build a driving iron and currently play 114 gram steel shafts in my irons. Do you think this 105 option would be too light?

Hey @Jman, I'm trying to build a driving iron and currently play 114 gram steel shafts in my irons. Do you think this 105 option would be too light?
I think you’d enjoy it, honestly, I’ve had the most fun with them in the long irons and particularly my utilities!

I think you’d enjoy it, honestly, I’ve had the most fun with them in the long irons and particularly my utilities!
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Remember the 105 is a raw weight but you will be giving up very little in a driving iron.

Stupid fun, so worth the experiment

Remember the 105 is a raw weight but you will be giving up very little in a driving iron.

Stupid fun, so worth the experiment
Yeah its more of an experiment. Just having some fun and I recall reading @Jman's review awhile back so figured I'd give this shaft a go.

These are the 115s but I had a blast making these for an IG guy @birdogey IMG_20221201_230417_897.jpgIMG_20221201_230143_018.jpgIMG_20221201_230134_112.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20221201_230417_918.jpg
    IMG_20221201_230417_918.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20221201_230417_958.jpg
    IMG_20221201_230417_958.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
Those look great Popeye! Do you typically go graphics up on those?
Yes I do. Though they will play just fine in any orientation. There is a factory marked stable plane that is usually where the label is printed.

I like the logo up on these.

I have a 6i head that needs an RT shaft in it

I still can’t seem to pull the trigger on these. Really enjoyed the feeling of them but I already launch the ball high with recoil 94 F4 and these certainly did just that as well.

I think I’m going to give these a try and see what happens

I just picked up an 8,9 and PW ZX7 to experiment with. I wanted the PW to replace the ZX5 AW I have I am going to bend it two degrees week. I am thinking of trying the 95g of these. It is partially a trial to think about reshafting my T100s which have M120s in them that I have come to realize are too heavy.

The old version of these are on sale for $20 a shaft any reason not to go with those for my experiment? Anything I need to think about. I know these are .370 vs .355 but I will sand them down a bit. I may start a new thread asking for advice. I have a shaft puller but no swingweight scale I may have to pick one of those up.

Thanks for this review, @Jman . Getting one of these to build a driving iron for Christmas. Can't wait to share my feedback with y'all!

Don’t sand them down to fit. They will snap. I see it a lot.

I have heard the opposite from people here. I am not going to ream the heads out so I may have to look at something else. @Jman what did you do when you reshafted your T100s?

Don’t sand them down to fit. They will snap. I see it a lot.
I’ve got 250+ rounds on mine, it’s fine to sand them if you go slow.

Back