Your Driver Shaft For 2022

I was fit into the Project X RDX Blue last year so I’ll stick with that if I bite on the new Cobra LTDx since it’s stock. Great deal.

Alright driver shaft aficionados - What are the top-of-the-line shafts out there? Can you put shafts from different manufacturers into alike categories?

Ventus Velocore is equal to??

I am likely either gaming a Graphite Design AD HD X flex or Ventus Blue TR Stiff, both in the 50 to 60 gram weight category. At this point in my golfing journey, I like a light shaft that still provides a good amount of stability and low spin. These are both new shafts to me, although I have played one round with the Graphite Design, as well as a session with my swing coach. The Ventus TR came out of nowhere, when trying the new Callaway drivers.

My shaft for sure this year is the UST Mamiya M40X LIN-Q BLUE 6F4. This has been the most stable, accurate shafts that I've ever gamed. It will not be leaving the bag for a while. Well at least until something better comes along or I'm fit by @DannyLe ;)

Alright driver shaft aficionados - What are the top-of-the-line shafts out there? Can you put shafts from different manufacturers into alike categories?

Ventus Velocore is equal to??

Ventus Black Velocore is similar to Mitsubishi Tensei Pro 1K White, Accra TZ5, HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black and Oban Kiyoshi Black 65.

Oban Devotion 6/04.
I was fitted for this at CC last spring and had self fit to the same when they first came out maybe 10 years ago?
I've had it in a couple drivers ( Adams 9015d, Callaway GBB and Epic 1st gen ), now in a G425 LST and G400.
Nice low/mid flight and spin. Has a decent feel, and seems to load well with my swing. May pull the G400 tip from that one and put it in the Honma TW 737 455 I picked up on the bay for cheap and see how it does.
I've tried a lot of driver shafts, ADDI 6, PX HZRDUS Yellow and Yellow Smoke, Atmos Blue TS and several of the RDX smoke. The Oban just seems to work well for me.
60 yo, low 90's SS, Driver distance 215-220 carry.

I am going to get fit for a driver at some point soon. I did a fitting at Titleist for irons in the fall and we did driver then and the GD IZ 5s was the winner. I am not sure it was enough of an uplift over my current club (Mavrik w/Rogue 60s) to justify the spend.

If I don't wind up springing for something new I may look for an IZ.

I have an Evenflow Riptide in my G400 max.

One of these three that came with my SZ Extreme. TBD:
buosnSQ.jpg

Ended up going to a Tensei CK Blue 60 gram stiff. The shaft hasn’t worked for me in the past but I did a retrofit over the weekend and it was a perfect fit. Excited to hit the sim with it tonight

Last January I replaced driver shaft with an Aldila Quaranta 40 gram shaft in senior flex.

Kinetixx Velocity. Been playing it since testing for THP.

UST Mamiya Nashville. I'm not sure which shaft @DannyLe selected for me but it'll be the one.

Ventus Blus 6s is what I was fit into and played pretty well with so far.

THough I’m not ruling out a Tensei as I demo’s a couple and was seeing great results.

UST Mamiya something is going in the LTDx this year. I think this may be the combo that will stay in the bag for a long while!

Ventus Red 5S in Rogue ST Max D 9.0 head.

Ventus Blus 6s is what I was fit into and played pretty well with so far.

THough I’m not ruling out a Tensei as I demo’s a couple and was seeing great results.
Which Tensei worked the best for you? Did you test them when you were fit at Callaway?

Which Tensei worked the best for you? Did you test them when you were fit at Callaway?

so far the blue, but I want more time with the white before grabbing a backup shaft.
I don’t think I hit it at the ECPC, but have been lately at local golf shops.

Reactions: MH
Ventus Blue. I have the XS and S for my driver. I waffle between the 2.

Current gamer is a Graphite Design Tour AD-UB 5x.
I have two Ventus Blue TR’s arriving tomorrow (5s and 6s, both tipped 1”) to test against the UB.

36656EC0-40E0-40CB-9865-85D8A7C11E18.jpeg

Some combo of Ventus Blue, AD TP, AD VR, or the Ventus TR that I'm bound to buy. Getting closer to dialing in.

(who are we kidding I love to tinker with shafts)

(TWSS)

Still waiting to find time to do some sim sessions to tinker with some shafts. I have 5(!) that I’m playing with…

- Diamana D+ 70TX (45”, previous success with and safest choice)
- Diamana Kai’li Proto 60TX (45.25”, probably the one I want to win, not sure about the EI profile since it’s the unreleased Blue version coming soon)
- LINQ Purple 7F5 (45”, probably the first I’ll take for a spin)
- PX Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch 60g 6.5 (46”, the Hulk can definitely smash but probably not an everyday gamer unless I paired it with a Max head turned down to like 8 with a flat cog)
- Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 80TX (44”, probably the fairway finder shaft for tight courses)

It will be between AV raw white, RDX blue and kinetix Velocity

Still waiting to find time to do some sim sessions to tinker with some shafts. I have 5(!) that I’m playing with…

- Diamana D+ 70TX (45”, previous success with and safest choice)
- Diamana Kai’li Proto 60TX (45.25”, probably the one I want to win, not sure about the EI profile since it’s the unreleased Blue version coming soon)
- LINQ Purple 7F5 (45”, probably the first I’ll take for a spin)
- PX Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch 60g 6.5 (46”, the Hulk can definitely smash but probably not an everyday gamer unless I paired it with a Max head turned down to like 8 with a flat cog)
- Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 80TX (44”, probably the fairway finder shaft for tight courses)
Love to hear your experiences with the Smoke Green - I have yet to swing mine and am a bit intimidated but also excited.

Currently using Tensei Pro Blue TX in Driver and Woods - considering trying out an Aerotech Ti-Fiber X Stiff in the Driver just to see what it feels like as I have Steelfibers in my Irons....

A

Back