I think mine is low 80's if I remember right...not sure.

105 last time I checked

Interesting that some folks have faster swing speeds than the average swing speeds of both Dustin Johnson and Bubba.

Those little swing speed monitors are not worth a damn. I have clocked 145 on on years ago, I know for a fact It is not that high. In my experience most are pretty exaggerated, get on a real LM and post pictures of the read outs.

with the driver, I was told my swing speed was between 90-96 when I did the ball fitting with Bridgestone...

At my last Bridgestone ball fitting, my SS was 95-100 with a 44" driver.

8 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

112 - 117 with a 45" driver. That was about 3 months ago.

Mid 90's last time I checked. It was at a Bridgestone ball fitting a couple of years ago.

It will be fun at the outing to see what everyones speed is.

That's where I found out mine was 90-95. The first day when JB and I went out it was 85 tops but when I used the Cleveland Launcher I got it up to 95 a few times.

Wait 'til Biggsy and SethO chime in!

Those little swing speed monitors are not worth a damn. I have clocked 145 on on years ago, I know for a fact It is not that high. In my experience most are pretty exaggerated, get on a real LM and post pictures of the read outs.

There will be a real launch monitor at the Fall Outing.

Unless Seth breaks it. hehe

Between 45 and 49 m/s, or about 100 to 109 mph at the Mizuno fitting centre in Tokyo

Between 100 to 105, but would rather hit fairways rather than punching out from under the trees.

Lots of fast swing speeds here... do you guys who swing that fast hit the ball as far as the chart says? And not to derail this, but how many of you hit it straight most of the time?

Lots of fast swing speeds here... do you guys who swing that fast hit the ball as far as the chart says? And not to derail this, but how many of you hit it straight most of the time?

That chart only shows carry distance, and in real life conditions I'm not sure what my carry would be (only what carry + roll usually yields). Depending on the ball I am playing, I usually hit about 280 - 310. Most of those are in the fairway or close, as my woods are my strongest clubs and the clubs I feel most comfortable with. My struggles are with my irons and hitting the green after my drives. I'm pretty sure the stock stiff shafts I have in my irons aren't doing me any favors and I hit it a mile high, but that's another issue altogether.

That's where I found out mine was 90-95. The first day when JB and I went out it was 85 tops but when I used the Cleveland Launcher I got it up to 95 a few times.

My average SS was between 108 and 115 and I topped out at 123. Those numbers may have dropped however as I am trying to control the ball more than I used to.

I am going to bring 3 grand with me this time in case I actually break the darn thing haha (J/K of course. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around).

My carry is anywhere from 270-290 on a normal day, and I usually get about minus one yard on the roll, as I have a very high launch angle on most of my drives, and I play on a pretty soft course.. So it looks like I am a bit above what those charts are suggesting... I wish I could compare with you guys later this month.

And yeah, most of the time it's straight or a slight fade. If I really go after it I slice, and if I lay off too much it is a big ol' hook left.

My swing speed is about 80-85 mph. Slow & steady wins the race, right? Too bad it doesn't win the round (well, not for me).

Yeah, I can't wait to see what it show's for me. The numbers they showed at Golf USA were really low, but the guy told me his machine wouldn't calculate it right and my ss was higher than what was shown? According to him, on that type machine you had to calculate it by the ball speed. I don't understand that, but all I know is that with roll I generally only hit the ball 220 to 240 yards. I'm ok with that as long as I get it done at the green.

My carry is anywhere from 270-290 on a normal day, and I usually get about minus one yard on the roll, as I have a very high launch angle on most of my drives, and I play on a pretty soft course.. So it looks like I am a bit above what those charts are suggesting... I wish I could compare with you guys later this month.

And yeah, most of the time it's straight or a slight fade. If I really go after it I slice, and if I lay off too much it is a big ol' hook left.

That puts you near the top of the carry efficiency stat for the pga tour. That is some major hang time. With that type of flight, if you have the wind behind you, you can probably smoke it. Wind in your face though... ouch.

That puts you near the top of the carry efficiency stat for the pga tour. That is some major hang time. With that type of flight, if you have the wind behind you, you can probably smoke it. Wind in your face though... ouch.

Well, it's good and it's bad... I tend to get the 'floating' carry a lot of the time, and hitting into wind absolutely murders me. Especially with my irons (ballooing a 7 iron and losing 25 yards is lame), but I guess this discussion is more geared towards driver speed..

It also helps that my fairways are probably 2-4 times the width of tour fairways, giving me the ability to be a lot more sporadic off the tee and not get into trouble.

Last time I was on a launch monitor I was warming up at 95-100 and peaked at 109. My average is between 100-105.

Mine is around 112

Back