Here are my specs. Notice the backspin. I have teed the ball up higher, moved it forward in my stance...taken 3 lessons all to the same tune. I need a different shaft.

This was using a VooDoo XVS6 cut to 44" in a 9* Diablo Edge. I forgot my FT Tour with the XVS 6 in it at home.

Stats-2.jpg

I didn't save the card with the 45.5" Cleveland launcher because it wasn't my club but my Avg SS was like 121.7

Dunno why people are questioning others SS. This was measured at a BStone fitting and I have heard their machine is pretty accurate.

Edit: Also there is alot more factors than just "swinging hard" in generating club head speed. Hip turn, wrist cock, among many other things do this. I am 6'6 195 lbs and probably couldn't benchpress my weight but I can generate some serious force behind a club if I want. Too bad this doesn't translate into straight.

Wow, if you still have that problem even with the FT Tour I have no idea what the problem may be. I'm definitely no pro, just thought I'd throw in what worked for me since we have close to the same SS.

Wow, if you still have that problem even with the FT Tour I have no idea what the problem may be. I'm definitely no pro, just thought I'd throw in what worked for me since we have close to the same SS.

Yah I have no idea bro...2 teaching pro's and the BStone guy both told me it was a shaft problem. I wish it was a swing issue that would be alot cheaper to fix. Heh.

Edit: I have what they called a "severe transition" meaning I go from backswing to downswing really quickly and the clubhead is never catching up. So I guess tempo has something to do with it but everyone has told me the easiest fix is a Heavy, stiff, low torque shaft.

Yah I have no idea bro...2 teaching pro's and the BStone guy both told me it was a shaft problem. I wish it was a swing issue that would be alot cheaper to fix. Heh.

Edit: I have what they called a "severe transition" meaning I go from backswing to downswing really quickly and the clubhead is never catching up. So I guess tempo has something to do with it but everyone has told me the easiest fix is a Heavy, stiff, low torque shaft.

With respect to the transition thing, I had a similar issue a while back. I have since eased the transition without reducing swing speed. Inadvertently, the transition ease also created a swing environment where a pull is much harder to do. It took me quite a long time to find a good shaft, but my current shaft is working out great.

With respect to the transition thing, I had a similar issue a while back. I have since eased the transition without reducing swing speed. Inadvertently, the transition ease also created a swing environment where a pull is much harder to do. It took me quite a long time to find a good shaft, but my current shaft is working out great.

Yep that is the shaft that was recommended to me and when I save up 25000 pennies I will probably be purchasing one. :D

Whats your flex code?

Yep that is the shaft that was recommended to me and when I save up 25000 pennies I will probably be purchasing one. :D

Whats your flex code?

Yeah; it is a bit on the pricey side. It is sitting in the trunk of my car in the garage right now, but I believe it is 5689. I can confirm tomorrow.

Cool its no biggie was just curious. Who fit you for it?

A pro who works out of a local course in Chicagoland and a "golf dome" in the winter (rather than going to Florida). For the first couple months of testing, he didn't have the best access to the miyazaki shafts with all the head combos. I tested many others and thought I was decided, but then he got me access to the miyazakis in different heads. I loved the shaft and it performed well on the monitor. I then was able to test it in a supertri head on the range and liked it alot.

I ordered it through Victory Custom Golf (out of the Carolinas I think) so that I could get it with the R9 sleeve and everything set-up for me. Easy transaction and on sale.

A pro who works out of a local course in Chicagoland and a "golf dome" in the winter (rather than going to Florida). For the first couple months of testing, he didn't have the best access to the miyazaki shafts with all the head combos. I tested many others and thought I was decided, but then he got me access to the miyazakis in different heads. I loved the shaft and it performed well on the monitor. I then was able to test it in a supertri head on the range and liked it alot.

I ordered it through Victory Custom Golf (out of the Carolinas I think) so that I could get it with the R9 sleeve and everything set-up for me. Easy transaction and on sale.

Nice, wish I had access to this type of stuff other than a 3 hour drive to Chicago, working with someone I don't know, or my teaching pro knows.

I was on one of those thingamajigs at my local golf shop and was swinging a 6-iron. The SS registered at 200 mph. Not ball speed, SS. The guy actually had the decency to look embarrassed.

it was the longest 6-iron I ever hit. LOL

We have one at Dicks that is completely innaccurate as well.

I have not checked mine this year, but my yardages seem to be pretty much like always so I am guessing my speed is the same. At my last check we had a swing speed measuring device on our home course driving range. I hit ball after ball with the driver, swing speed 110 or 111 mph. Then I decided to really rip one - I gripped out, swung as hard as I could - guess what - 111 mph!. So much for "going for it". Next I checked swing speed with the 5 iron, and it checked in dead on 100 mph.

I have to wonder about some of what I read here. I watched several guys get clocked - all low handicappers mind you - but no one varied more than a couple of mph from swing to swing.

I have not checked mine this year, but my yardages seem to be pretty much like always so I am guessing my speed is the same. At my last check we had a swing speed measuring device on our home course driving range. I hit ball after ball with the driver, swing speed 110 or 111 mph. Then I decided to really rip one - I gripped out, swung as hard as I could - guess what - 111 mph!. So much for "going for it". Next I checked swing speed with the 5 iron, and it checked in dead on 100 mph.

I have to wonder about some of what I read here. I watched several guys get clocked - all low handicappers mind you - but no one varied more than a couple of mph from swing to swing.

I wonder about internet swing speeds myself. I don't necessarily think that high SS and low handicaps go hand in hand though.

I wonder about internet swing speeds myself. I don't necessarily think that high SS and low handicaps go hand in hand though.

They definitely do not go hand in hand. A high SS does not indicate that you can score well. I am normally around 112 but can push from 115 - 117 if I really swing out of my shoes (which never happens on the course). That alone doesn't tell you that I struggle around the greens and can't hit a putt to save my life. It's all relative.

There is a correlation between the two but by no means hand in hand. If you can hit the ball straight its gonna be exponentially easier hitting <8 in to every green. But the strokes are made from 100 yards in and most of the time you will find the biggest hitters struggle the most in this area, myself definately included.

Nothing is more embarassing than driving a par 4 and 3 putting for par.

There is a correlation between the two but by no means hand in hand. If you can hit the ball straight its gonna be exponentially easier hitting <8 in to every green. But the strokes are made from 100 yards in and most of the time you will find the biggest hitters struggle the most in this area, myself definately included.

Nothing is more embarassing than driving a par 4 and 3 putting for par.

...story of my life. Hole 17 of my home course. 270 yard par 4. I've been on in one multiple times, but 3 putted a lot of those.

Yesterday Tiger swung a 3w 121 MPH heh... ridiculous. My poor stock shaft would snap in half , specially with the divot he took.

105 with driver but I need to tone it down for consistency!

104 with the driver as measured at a Bridgestone ball fitting.

Compared to what we have seen, they are frequently off by quite a bit when put on our monitor. And then there is biggsy that was actually faster than the 121 he told us. I never understood it, but whatever works.

There is a correlation between the two but by no means hand in hand.

Im not sure there is. Not outside the professional ranks. Accuracy beats distance almost every single time. A decade ago there sure was, but shaft technology has done wonders in helping slower SS still obtain reasonable distance to "conquer" courses.

My internet SS is about 175 but I struggle with internet control. But Im a internet one putter! My real SS is in the 90's.

My internet SS is about 175 but I struggle with internet control. But Im a internet one putter! My real SS is in the 90's.

My internet driving accuracy is like 99.8% but in real life its like 20% :bad:

My internet driving accuracy is like 99.8% but in real life its like 20% :bad:

haha yeah I feel ya bro. I miss fairways like T.O. does Monday morning meetings. Thats what really baffled me yesterday. I was nailing fairways like Ron Jeremy on a set but couldnt get GIR's. No GIR's means no scoring. Shot a damn 90 something AGAIN. Grrrr

haha yeah I feel ya bro. I miss fairways like T.O. does Monday morning meetings. Thats what really baffled me yesterday. I was nailing fairways like Ron Jeremy on a set but couldnt get GIR's. No GIR's means no scoring. Shoot a damn 90 something AGAIN. Grrrr

LMAO Good call.

Back