Zen Golf Balls - Perfectly Balanced

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think THPers?

Reminds me of the old ball spinner you could put your ball in. I don't recall seeing any balls wobble when putting them because they are out of balance so I cant imagine this is that big of deal. But it is a nice gimmick

Interesting. Are they conforming?

Interesting I like that - but how is the spin greenside?

I'm not really sure I believe that has any effect at all on a golf ball during putting, but it'd be an interesting test.

Marketing gimmick??????

Apologies, if this is a stupid question, but what is the benefit here? Does that mean it provides a truer roll on putts, better spin on greens, straighter off the tee?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't think this was a "thing" anymore, besides Bryson.

• Admin
Apologies, if this is a stupid question, but what is the benefit here? Does that mean it provides a truer roll on putts, better spin on greens, straighter off the tee?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They say it is.
Its interesting to me because golf is not played on an even surface.

I like the name though. Woosah!

Does this mean Bryson will be changing to the Zen ball?

Reminds me of the old ball spinner you could put your ball in. I don't recall seeing any balls wobble when putting them because they are out of balance so I cant imagine this is that big of deal. But it is a nice gimmick
Check N Go. I fell for it

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Have to show me some data on how say a Q Star Tour ball is "unbalanced" and this one is. Its round, it rolls, and like JB said its played on an uneven surface. So im not quite sure I can see how this will drastically impact the impulse to buy these over the current market.

This reminds me of something I use to have back in high school that would spin the ball so you could find it's true center/balancing point and mark the ball with a pen to use as alignment.

The golf nerds like BD will love these. Me, not so much.

I like it when companies show attention to detail, but I'm not sure it would give me a tangible advantage

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm not really sure I believe that has any effect at all on a golf ball during putting, but it'd be an interesting test.

it's in the same vein as PUREing, FLOing, and spine aligning

Interesting. Do you think it will make make a difference? Putting surfaces are not perfectly true and flat.

But interesting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah.....no thanks. Moving on.

I didn't realize golf balls float either?

yeah, i'd like to call shenanigans on this... as far as the balls floating..
maybe they're in a different solution (other than straight water) who knows....

I've got bigger problems with my game, wobbly balls aside...

Going to go put my balls in water

Guessing that modern ball manufacturing has made this all but insignificant. Materials & QC had to have led to greater uniformity over the years.

so... most companies are trying to tell us that their balls are well balanced, but this one tell you that theirs isn't and is trying to make the most of it... I'm not sure I buy it.

Back