TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

I'm sincerely intrigued by this offering, especially looking at the collage posted earlier of the 8 staffers back weight locations.

Once we get a demo at work, I plan to spend an entire lunch hogging the LM and seeing what I can do against my current gamer. Still not sold on the front weights effectiveness, but the back weight we have seen now from several companies.

Yup. Exactly. Something about it says look at this one and try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaylorMade posted a collage on Instagram today that shows their tour players holding up the m1 to show what position their sliding weights are in. I was surprised to see that a majority of them have the high/low weight in the high (back) position. In fact, Justin Rose was the only one to have his all the way forward.
After seeing Jason Day's numbers on Twitter, it doesn't surprise me at all. He was showing 1773 spin... With spin that low, you gotta loft up, or move the weight back, or both to maximize carry. By the way, he's had 330+ carry, 360+ total on a 14* launch.

I am not surprised by it at all. They have great shaft pairings and fantastic swings that don't over attack the ball and contact. It'll be fun watching the various settings, although I still bet decent money Sergio has his hammered forward.

Recently saw a retweet on twitter regarding the promo video of the staffers hitting M1 for the first time. I couldn't stop laughing once I heard the one staffer, Peter G., stating "coming to a promo I was expecting to exaggerate but not with this." That line was priceless but I will say, it did make want to hit the driver.

Demo day this weekend at the shop near me. i'll share my thoughts on this if I go. Really looking forward to taking some swings with this one.

Funny in that picture that 5/8 have that weight pushed all the way back. They must be hackers.

5/8 have the heel/toe weight in a draw bias position as well, 2/8 centered, and 1/8 in fade bias. Makes me wonder if the M1 sets up wide open. I may be wrong, but I thought most of the pros had their SLDR weights one or two positions toward a fade bias.

Yes I want to hit this!

Looks like they are offering them from 8.5º-12º instead of the 9.5º-12º they do in the R15. I want to try this.

Fair to say Taylormade will be pretty happy with Days results today ;)

No Kidding - I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Milk Man hit his drive on the first tee in Savannah.

I played with him Friday and Saturday in Savannah and yea, that poor little golf ball gets an arse whackin for sure! :deadhorse:

Dang I would love to try one of these drivers and I'd be up for the 12 degree loft for sure.

Watched JDay hit one off the tee today he had the happiest look on his face as he put near pin high on a 323 yard par 4. DRILLED IT. You don't often see pros look that happy hitting a drive.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Jason Day has been absolutely killing this thing today. He pretty much kills every driver but he must be confident with it to switch out what was working so well. I want to try one!!

TaylorMade M1 Driver Preview

TaylorMade M1 Driver Preview

Got to demo both 460 and 430 heads. 460 with Fuji pro 60s and 430 with KK 60s. Demo was on flightscope: 430 spin was similar to 816 but launch was little higher. 460 spun like XR and launched similarly. Club felt very stable and balanced

Got to demo both 460 and 430 heads. 460 with Fuji pro 60s and 430 with KK 60s. Demo was on flightscope: 430 spin was similar to 816 but launch was little higher. 460 spun like XR and launched similarly. Club felt very stable and balanced

Was the sound pleasing?

Was the sound pleasing?

Wasn't bad. Could definitely tell the carbon fiber crown. Not muted but definitely not Nike metallic crack either.

Watching last night it, sounded way more pleasing to me than most recent TM drivers. Granted, Jason Day's driver makes a noise I'll never hear hitting the same club.

Still super curious about this one, I'm honestly a fan of the look, but like many I wonder if they will simply flip the color scheme in a "new" release later. I think it would look sweet that way too.

Still super curious about this one, I'm honestly a fan of the look, but like many I wonder if they will simply flip the color scheme in a "new" release later. I think it would look sweet that way too.

I am too. First offering from them in s while for me

Got my hands on this today (and a bit the other day as well) TM has a winner on their hands the sound is much improved and the adjustments really do work I had the best results lofting up and sliding the weight forward but also saw a few of my buddies benefit from sliding the weight back and playing their normal loft. I found it a good bit more forgiving than the r15. Of the new offerings I saw a 3-4 mph increase in ball speed and a 4 mph increase over my current driver those are huge number to me. I am super impressed once I can actually purchase one I think it will be in the bag

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

One point I was going to touch on this will fit a WIDE range of players imo with the amount of adjustability it offers . I have been down on TM for a while now but I truly think this is a winner.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I know it won't sound anywhere near the same if I hit as it does Jason Day hitting it, but damn I think it sounds good and looks fantastic. I can't wait to swing one. I think/hope they have a winner with this one. This could be their best driver since the R11.

I know it won't sound anywhere near the same if I hit as it does Jason Day hitting it, but damn I think it sounds good and looks fantastic. I can't wait to swing one. I think/hope they have a winner with this one. This could be their best driver since the R11.
I hope so! The more I see the head, the more I like it! It's a great look

I was at the BMW today... Those M1's sound really, really solid in person. It sounds more muted than I expected from it. I'm hitting it on 9/29 and seeing a ton of guys playing it today has me more excited.

It'll be awhile before I can try one of these, but if I end up seeing better dispersion, same distance, as I saw with the R15, this could be tough to beat. The R15, with stock shafts at a big demo day back in the Spring, was the longest driver I hit... I was WAY to erratic with it, though. Ooo. If the MOI on this is better... Hard to think of what COULD be...

Back