Products That Are DOA

Kind of disagree with aero burner, I see it in a lot of bags. Not a home run for sure but think I would call it DOA

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Which you're allowed to do, but these are my DOA choices. I've seen literally ZERO around here in bags, other than mine when I had one.

Pretty sure no one said the M1 was part of this discussion. Only that they are heavily marketing the M1 and the psi irons are falling by the wayside.

Sorry, this is what I was referring to. Or were you saying the marketing for the psi's is DOA, which I'd agree with?

Sorry, this is what I was referring to. Or were you saying the marketing for the psi's is DOA, which I'd agree with?

I was actually just pointing out what a couple others had said. But when I was referencing what else had been said and used the words "falling by the wayside" i was referring to the marketing side that was touched on previously

Which you're allowed to do, but these are my DOA choices. I've seen literally ZERO around here in bags, other than mine when I had one.
Could be a local thing but I see a lot of them here.
Curious as to what the actual sales number were on this one?

I'd be curious on the sales numbers for that line as well, because I haven't seen any here either.

Yeah, Aeroburner did not sell real well for them. Similar to JetSpeed and it was reduced quickly. Hoping to see a stronger 2016 from a number of brands, including them.

I don't know what kind of goal they had but I'm guessing outside of this forum the Bridgestone J815 might have been DOA just based on looks.

Products That Are DOA

I guess the way I look at it- do I remember a marketing scheme at all? Do I see them in bags? Have they been prematurely reduced in price? If no no yes then DOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I'd actually like to see the sales numbers for a lot of the hybrids this year. Actual data that is. I suspect there would be a few surprises.

Seems to be a lot of Aeroburner drivers and hybrids around Tucson.

I wasn't speaking to the quality of the i25, but to the sales of it. I hit it and had fantastic numbers with it and if not for the G30, it may well be in my bag.

All right, bro. I have no idea how the i series is doing sales-wise.

The Hogan irons come to mind, I love to try new stuff but that email stunt really turned me off and I imagine a lot of other folks as well. Any idea if they have done much at all?

I actually think the aeroburner had more traction than R15 did. To the point that when we visited TM in March we were told that R15 was taking the back seat.

I guess the most likely to be DOA are those models that got superseded too quickly by a newer one - the first Coverts, the second RBZ set that got run over by JetSpeed.

Genuinely curious, how did those models get superseded by the replacements you listed? Those were all annual releases that fit the timelines of yearly releases. I believe the only model you listed that got replaced mid season was the JetSpeed.

I don't know what kind of goal they had but I'm guessing outside of this forum the Bridgestone J815 might have been DOA just based on looks.

That is seriously one ugly club...don't know what they were thinking there.

That is seriously one ugly club...don't know what they were thinking there.

It was targeted to the Japanese market, I wish they would've gone black too. It is a seriously great driver.

For me the big standouts in my mind concerning DOA would have to be Jetspeed and XTD they seem to have flopped pretty hard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll throw one out there, but its mainly because I can't find anything on them anywhere:

Cleveland CG Black and Cleveland CG Black CB Irons.

The switch to Srixon being the main iron offering from Cleveland/Srixon seems to have rendered the Black/Black CB almost completely unfindable.

Nike Vapor
Cobra Fly Z
All Taylor Made release from For the past few years

I'll throw one out there, but its mainly because I can't find anything on them anywhere:

Cleveland CG Black and Cleveland CG Black CB Irons.

The switch to Srixon being the main iron offering from Cleveland/Srixon seems to have rendered the Black/Black CB almost completely unfindable.

It's a shame, as I was very intrigued by the whole line, especially the hybrids. One of these days I will hunt one down...

Bombtech Grenade
Hopkins golf balls
Nike RZN

For me I would have to say SCOR wedges and the new Ben Hogan irons/wedges...they are great clubs but really wish they took off better than they did in recent years.

Back