2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Ladies and Gentlemen.......Wareagle!!!!

I have been thinking pretty much non-stop about this event ever since being fortunate enough to get into it. One thing I have been thinking about quite a bit over the past 24 hours is the emotional aspect of playing in this event. This will be my first opportunity to play in an event as part of an actual large team. I am imagining that emotions will run significantly higher than if just playing with a partner in something like an invitational and such. I typically don't show a whole lot of emotion, good or bad, on the course so this will be something I will need to really think about and develop a plan so the emotions don't get the best of me and impact my play.

****Goosebumps****
It's been too long since my last THP event and to say I'm pumped about this one is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

THP, Kentwool, RTJ and a boatload of fun. Updates??? You bet!!! Fun??? A given!!! HOF??? It's about time for one!!! MVP??? I'm gunning for it, but will be happy and excited for whomever gets that honor!

****Goosebumps****
It's been too long since my last THP event and to say I'm pumped about this one is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

THP, Kentwool, RTJ and a boatload of fun. Updates??? You bet!!! Fun??? A given!!! HOF??? It's about time for one!!! MVP??? I'm gunning for it, but will be happy and excited for whomever gets that honor!
We're going to be one excited cart come that saturday AM!!! I can't wait.

Who else has been gawking at the Kentwool and course tour websites and wondering what to pick up beforehand to be properly equipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who else has been gawking at the Kentwool and course tour websites and wondering what to pick up beforehand to be properly equipped?

I snagged some tour socks and some underwear. Looking to put these into my everyday wardrobe

I have been thinking pretty much non-stop about this event ever since being fortunate enough to get into it. One thing I have been thinking about quite a bit over the past 24 hours is the emotional aspect of playing in this event. This will be my first opportunity to play in an event as part of an actual large team. I am imagining that emotions will run significantly higher than if just playing with a partner in something like an invitational and such. I typically don't show a whole lot of emotion, good or bad, on the course so this will be something I will need to really think about and develop a plan so the emotions don't get the best of me and impact my play.

I'm with you on all counts buddy, never having played in a team event, I am hoping to keep the emotions on a level keel. I am so stoked to be in this event so that is really something to think about.

I'm with you on all counts buddy, never having played in a team event, I am hoping to keep the emotions on a level keel. I am so stoked to be in this event so that is really something to think about.

You will do fine, my friend. Just play your game. Plus, on Saturday you will be along side Spicoli, who is one of the most chill guys I've ever seen on the course.

Just remember, golf is fun.

I snagged some tour socks and some underwear. Looking to put these into my everyday wardrobe

Feel free to show off the socks when you get them. I'll take your word on the other stuff

Dude you are golfing with me. Nothing to worry about golf wise...just focus on the laughtet that will be had

I cannot wait to follow along....did not know anything about Kentwool before this....bought a pair last week...love them.

I have been going through their website to figure out which socks I don't have yet.

I keep staring at those vests...I want one.

Just finished a sim round of the links course.
A few notes.
1. Beautiful layout...while its a links course u cant spray and pray
2. Some brutal greens that are large and lots of breaks.
3. And way more elevation changes than i would have expected

Still willing to fill in for anyone who can't make it..... No deal huh? Well I can still hope! Looking forward to following along as you folks play. It should be great!

Just finished a sim round of the links course.
A few notes.
1. Beautiful layout...while its a links course u cant spray and pray
2. Some brutal greens that are large and lots of breaks.
3. And way more elevation changes than i would have expected

You can say that again. Definitely a lot of holes that could change a match really quick. Can't wait to see this one in person!!!

Got in 18 today. Certainly not my best playing but now have some things to work on tomorrow.

Had a nice break with my family in Milwaukee. No golf talk just much needed love as we celebrated the life of my uncle. Caught a Bucks game, ate some comfort food and had tons of laughs.

Minus the Bucks game I think we will have a lot of the same. A celebration amongst friends and family. Comfort food and many laughs. The memorial service for the #woolwarriors will follow directly after the #merinomarauders handle their business. In the words of Bill Murray in Stripes

e7139d1813ac63ec472936088af7743a.jpg

Got in 18 today. Certainly not my best playing but now have some things to work on tomorrow.

Same here Scott, some good and some bad but I did figure out something I had become lazy on & changed back to what I am supposed to do, so it was a good day.

Had a good day on the course with Chump Fries. Got pretty cold at the end. Was nice to see how we each play and talk about how we approach things. I think our demeanors are similar too. Good day!

JM

We got an MVP getting the Golden Ticket
We got winning captain getting their own version of a Golden Ticket
We got HOF tags on the line.
Trophies on the line.
Sweet SWAG from Kentwool.

And a great venue for it all to go down.
PGA Show is coming first, but I am excited.

Had a good day on the course with Chump Fries. Got pretty cold at the end. Was nice to see how we each play and talk about how we approach things. I think our demeanors are similar too. Good day!

JM

Had a blast buddy...or should I say had a ton of fun exploring North Mississippi's frozen tundra :)

Tons and I mean tons of talk about this one today. Feb can't get here soon enough!!!

Tons and I mean tons of talk about this one today. Feb can't get here soon enough!!!

Easy partner, pace yourself. We have a few weeks and some sharpening to do.

Back