What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my morning round got rained out, I played 9 in cold, wet conditions this afternoon. Hail did not help the cause. 45 degrees when I tee'd off. 10-15 mph wind all round, with gusts to 20+ (per the golf shop).

46 with two 3-putts, some desert shots, did not lose a ball.

I've played in all kinds of weather conditions, including rain, snow and sleet. But, I draw the line at HAIL! I saw that Phoenix/Scottsdale were having some weather, but, hail is kind of surprising.

Shot 86 today (43, 43). I thought I was going to pull out the back nine, but then carded six straight bogies to finish. No excuses. I was in perfect position on every hole and managed to throw away at least a stroke on every one of them. Some weather coming in for the rest of the week, so no golf for a few days. :weep:

Played 27 @ Glen Mills today. Temperature was fine - mid 50's but wind was 15-20 mph and greens were lightning fast. Hard to score.

After Bogey-Double-Bogey start had five straight pars and then a bogey on 9 to finish 41

Back nine had one birdie and four bogeys for a 38

Did the front nine again and shot 38 (three bogeys and a birdie)

FIR 75%
GIR 52%

Definitely the last round of the year and, given the conditions, pretty happy with it.

87 (42/45) that could have been SO much better.

Started par-par with a chip-in on #1. Then tripled the par 3 third and par 5 fourth. Then chipped in for birdie on the par 5 fifth. So six over on two holes, one over the other seven on the front.

On the back I took an ugly double on the par 3 11th and tripled the par 5 12th hole. Pars and bogeys the rest of the way until I almost drove #18 and ended up with a double bogey 6 from 50 feet. So seven over on three holes, three over on the other six for an ugly 13 over on five holes, 4 over on 13 holes.

87 (42/45) that could have been SO much better.

Started par-par with a chip-in on #1. Then tripled the par 3 third and par 5 fourth. Then chipped in for birdie on the par 5 fifth. So six over on two holes, one over the other seven on the front.

On the back I took an ugly double on the par 3 11th and tripled the par 5 12th hole. Pars and bogeys the rest of the way until I almost drove #18 and ended up with a double bogey 6 from 50 feet. So seven over on three holes, three over on the other six for an ugly 13 over on five holes, 4 over on 13 holes.

That's 2 birdie rounds in a row isn't it? Sounds like the new driver is still on fire.

That's 2 birdie rounds in a row isn't it? Sounds like the new driver is still on fire.

It is! Ties my unofficial record (unofficial because I don't know for sure that I've ever had more in a row).

Long Bertha is doing well for me so far.

A very weird and frustrating 43/57 for a 100.

I was playing well (for me) on the front 9 for the most part. Almost had a hole in 1 on 7, missed it by 2" and then finished the front 9 Par, Par and the 9th hole is the hardest on the course for me. Felt good and then completely lost it somehow on the way to the 10th tee. I didn't hit a single great shot the rest of the round as evident by the 57.

I broke away to play 18 today to clear my head, went over to Cobbs Creek for a faster round. Tied my PB on the front nine with a 41. More consistent ball striking and my wedges stayed hot. The back nine slowed up and was really windy and my putter went on vacation, limping in to a 48. There were two guys in front of me on the last 4 holes, it took an hour just on those, compared to playing the 14 before it in 2 hours. It was brutal.

Anyways, just what the doctor ordered and might be the last round of the year.

I shot 90 (50/40). I did make birdie on the first hole, which I think is the first time I've ever birdied the first hole of a round.
Back to back triples on holes 3 and 4 really tanked the front nine for me though.

Shot 88 (42, 46). Kind of lost it on the back nine. Tempo got off and I couldn't even hit a ball cleanly. Ten minutes on the range afterward was well spent.

6330183643432ffa5c406d406bd8943f.jpg

Played with the owner of this little item today. Our club allows private carts, but this could be stretching it a little. Lol. Looks like a better idea than it actually is. The bike is not all that easy to navigate around a hilly course. After watching him work his butt off for 18 holes, I'll stick with a traditional cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in the weekly scramble at Lake Jonesco today, our team won with a -14. All seniors hitting from senior tees, it seems like all of us can putt a little bit so anything within 25 feet and with 4 putting a lot of them go.

Played 9 in chilly, breezy conditions.
41 w one bird, two doubles. 15 putts. Only missed one inside 8 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time at Northview (The Canal course).

Shot a 94 with 10/14 fairways , 8/18 GIR, 38 putts

Shot a 49. Wasn't bad off the tee today. Between the FYbrid and the K15, I hit roughly half my fairways and was barely off on the rest (save one). Had a couple bad breaks where I hit a ball cleanly only to clip a branch. Scuffled with my long irons down the stretch, but otherwise I was pleased. Not tearing it up, but not regressing either.

Temps in the mid 40's with a slight, intermittent drizzle. I shot 37-42 and was VERY satisfied with my ball striking. I made great contact with a number of mid iron (4, 5, 6) shots, which to me are the best feeling clubs to hit flush.

Shot a 46 yesterday at my home club. My first 9 holes in 2 months (work travel killing me). Not a terrible drop off, but I was definitely struggling with iron play and consistency. Putting was surprisingly decent.

39 on 9, took a birdie birdie finish to get there though.

Absolutely beautiful day today, mid 20's and a bit of wind to keep it nice. My mate and i teed of late, about 11.30, considering its normally 8.30 but after having our work do last night we were not up to starting early haha. He didnt play well but i played ok and shot a +2 38, +1 37 = 75, being Sat we were off the blue tee today. I nice having my last 5 out of 6 rounds back in the 70's after a few bad ones in the 80's, so that is helping get the handicap back down.

Today's score was 84 (42, 42). Cold and windy, but had fun playing. Well, I was a little disappointed three putting 3 out of the last 4 holes. But, except for that played, well given the conditions.

2 man 3 club scramble (can't share clubs)
36-34/70 (par 71)
3 birdies, 2 bogeys
12/18 GIR's
1 3 jack (which led to one of the bogeys)

81 +10. Had it at +1 after 7 but the wheels fell off on the back. Had a blast playing with my brother-in-law and his friends even though it was cold and windy.

81 +10. Had it at +1 after 7 but the wheels fell off on the back. Had a blast playing with my brother-in-law and his friends even though it was cold and windy.
Sandbagging for strokes

z7EUdei.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back