Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thoughts are on this after this weekend. Really a nice looking driver.

very much looking forward to testing this. as a lower ball, lower spin player, i'm not sure this will fit me. only one way to find out!

If this driver was available to you which would you have chosen? Just curious.
Sorry i missed this yesterday. It was hard to tell for a couple reasons. I didnt take a ton of swings with this one and didnt see the numbers, but i still think i would have gone with the DBD just because of the low spin numbers i was able to get to with it. Plus i was seeing carry numbers at sea level i was shocked to see.

I think my only gripe with this club and the rest of the XR16 line in general is the logo. Just my opinion but i would have made the XR logo on the sole say XR16. I know it says that on the side of the crown but it is small and when walking through a big box store and you see these on the racks next to the original XR the soles look similar to the average eye but then the price differences jump out at you and you could be losing out because of it. Something small i guess but something i thought of right away when seeing this

I think my only gripe with this club and the rest of the XR16 line in general is the logo. Just my opinion but i would have made the XR logo on the sole say XR16. I know it says that on the side of the crown but it is small and when walking through a big box store and you see these on the racks next to the original XR the soles look similar to the average eye but then the price differences jump out at you and you could be losing out because of it. Something small i guess but something i thought of right away when seeing this

Makes complete sense.

As someone that doesn't own a XR (so I don't look at it all the time), the soles are very very similar if I didn't know to look elsewhere for the differentiator.

This thread is making me want to trade in my current XR for the new model!

20 THPers putting this one to the test on FlightScope this weekend and should have some great feedback coming out of it.

I'm excited to follow along with this. Direct and accurate data is a great thing.

I'm excited to follow along with this. Direct and accurate data is a great thing.

As you know I dont believe in dictating what people should play, having a staff do rankings, etc.
Never have, never will.
Instead take a group of golfers, and let them provide the data and you get a very clear picture of what the general consumer is looking at.

Cool to see Boeing get involved in the aerodynamics of the club. Makes alot of sense to have aerospace engineers included in the design!

Looking forward to seeing THPers take swings this weekend and seeing what the results are!

Cool to see Boeing get involved in the aerodynamics of the club. Makes alot of sense to have aerospace engineers included in the design!

Looking forward to seeing THPers take swings this weekend and seeing what the results are!

I bet the room with that conversation going down may as well be in a different language. Crazy smart people talking about wind drag and fancy equations. Sounds awesome.

I bet the room with that conversation going down may as well be in a different language. Crazy smart people talking about wind drag and fancy equations. Sounds awesome.

I have SO many questions about that process. Did they give them the XR as a starting point and have them iterate on designs? Did Boeing come up with something that was crazy aerodynamic but looked terrible at address or sounded awful? I'd LOVE to be able to see some of the intermediate designs and the associated numbers. It would really interesting to see if anything has to be given up to remain "in check" with the expectations of golfers.

Of the new XR series, I definitely like the looks of the Pro model (both driver and fairways) a little bit better.

I wonder if forgiveness is similar to last year's xr pro or substantially better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if forgiveness is similar to last year's xr pro or substantially better.

If you are coming out to Regional Rivalry in your neck of the woods, you can test mine on the range.

I have SO many questions about that process. Did they give them the XR as a starting point and have them iterate on designs? Did Boeing come up with something that was crazy aerodynamic but looked terrible at address or sounded awful? I'd LOVE to be able to see some of the intermediate designs and the associated numbers. It would really interesting to see if anything has to be given up to remain "in check" with the expectations of golfers.

I would expect that it was a lot more about an education from both sides, but I bet starting from the side of Callaway first. No need to reinvent the driver, but rather, some really viable tweaks.

Improving the face is also a big deal. We're talking about MOI bumps from XR and that's a really great thing.

Ill admit I like the way the designs on the crown frame the ball. I could see myself liking to look down at that. XR was a solid line before so ill be curious when to season rolls around to see what kind of numbers this will give me.

So I hit this at golfsmith today. Plugged in my hzrdus black and saw great numbers. Ball speeds are higher than what I normally see. Misses were not too penalizing. I only caught a couple of these really solid, most were struck slightly toe or heel. This head will be my gamer in 2016!
6f39212396c3fb7ebb99b9adb0794739.jpg

So I hit this at golfsmith today. Plugged in my hzrdus black and saw great numbers. Ball speeds are higher than what I normally see. Misses were not too penalizing. I only caught a couple of these really solid, most were struck slightly toe or heel. This head will be my gamer in 2016!

Do you mind if I just say....WOW!?

I hope that's your gamer cause if you pass on those numbers I'd be worried to see your gamer numbers.

I hope that's your gamer cause if you pass on those numbers I'd be worried to see your gamer numbers.

Poor KC. He had similar numbers last year when he tested a driver and I think that was about 9 drivers ago. :D

Poor KC. He had similar numbers last year when he tested a driver and I think that was about 9 drivers ago. :D
It's a never ending cycle it seems lol

Your giving him a lot of credit at 9. I think he went through every driver on the market in both the US and Japan twice this past year. All with multiple shafts in each

Dang kang is almost gunner long

Back