2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

About 13 degrees here today with some negative windchills. Finally got myself to the dome. Haven't swung in 2 weeks. Been healing up a bit.
@Rambler and @msh134 can tell you I've got some work to do, but I'm working on the correct things. Ready to start this 2016 golf season off right
with THPers and Kentwool. I keep looking at the two courses.... Jacked doesn't even describe it! :)
Your irons, wedges, and putter appear ready. Just keep plugging away on the long clubs. Get a vid up for Tadashi to look at - he'd be able to suggest a couple of things to focus on with the long clubs.

I tend to come out of my posture/stance (stand up) on my downswing, especially on my longer clubs and it leads to inconsistent contact
and getting stuck. So I've been working on staying in my posture throughout, and on the downswing, getting my right elbow back
down near my right side on the downswing. With my driver, the one I struggle with most, I hit 5 straight rockets off of my driver face
to start off today and it was solid. But usually when I come up out of my stance/posture... I either hit a pop up or a weak slice. Thankfully, that was
very rare today. I should have grabbed a video...but we were all so excited to get swinging I didn't even think about it.

Do you agree with my assessment @Rambler?
What seems to be the issue? We can get it worked out in the next 5 weeks.

This could be the result of coming to far inside on the back swing. This can limit the amount of space needed to swing the club and cause one to come up and out of the swing. Try bringing the hands straight back from the ball and then up to the top of the swing.
I tend to come out of my posture/stance (stand up) on my downswing, especially on my longer clubs and it leads to inconsistent contact
and getting stuck. So I've been working on staying in my posture throughout, and on the downswing, getting my right elbow back
down near my right side on the downswing. With my driver, the one I struggle with most, I hit 5 straight rockets off of my driver face
to start off today and it was solid. But usually when I come up out of my stance/posture... I either hit a pop up or a weak slice. Thankfully, that was
very rare today. I should have grabbed a video...but we were all so excited to get swinging I didn't even think about it.

That's exactly what I try to do when I'm practicing in my living room or on the range, but I have issues carrying it over to my actual swing. Sometimes I think I'd be better off getting a mental coach :act-up:

This could be the result of coming to far inside on the back swing. This can limit the amount of space needed to swing the club and cause one to come up and out of the swing. Try bringing the hands straight back from the ball and then up to the top of the swing.

What do they say? "Timing is everything." When things sync with your long club swing, including the "rise" down and thru impact, you can boom it. When the timing is a little off, contact can get inconsistent. If you can calm that "rise", I think you'll see short grass much more often.

I think Tadashi has something with not having enough space. Next time we're at the dome, I'll get a slo-mo vid.

I bet that space is right on and I bet it has a lot to do with my setup/posture. Video sounds good. I may have to visit the dome one night this week. Gotta get ready for the Kickoff! :)

What do they say? "Timing is everything." When things sync with your long club swing, including the "rise" down and thru impact, you can boom it. When the timing is a little off, contact can get inconsistent. If you can calm that "rise", I think you'll see short grass much more often.

I think Tadashi has something with not having enough space. Next time we're at the dome, I'll get a slo-mo vid.

Decided best to take today off. Felt a little lower back pain towards the end of the round yesterday and last night. Probably due to hitting at least 50 driver shots on the range yesterday between testing and getting used to my new GBB head. Didn't want to push anything today but will be back at it next weekend.

I bet that space is right on and I bet it has a lot to do with my setup/posture. Video sounds good. I may have to visit the dome one night this week. Gotta get ready for the Kickoff! :)
Let's do it. Gotta have you running on all cylinders for this event!

Decided best to take today off. Felt a little lower back pain towards the end of the round yesterday and last night. Probably due to hitting at least 50 driver shots on the range yesterday between testing and getting used to my new GBB head. Didn't want to push anything today but will be back at it next weekend.
Smart move listening to the body. Too many times I try to fight through and make it worse.

You would think old age would start to help me. :)

I just want to throw it out there that I love seeing so many participants taking so much of the convo to all parts of the forum and not just in here. Really helps get more eyes on it as well as just helping the convo everywhere. Bravo!

Here is some video from the course. It's from the AU Golf team back in 2009, but gives you some idea of some of the elevation changes and green complexes. Also some pretty darn good flat belly swings!

Hope you enjoy. #THPKickOffClassic is coming boys!

Good call on taking the day off. My back has had me down the past two weekends now. I haven't been able to swing a club in over 2 weeks and it is driving me crazy. I was told (not by a physician, but she who must be obeyed) that I need to take it easy for a week to let it heal so hopefully it will be better by next weekend so I can take some swings. I need to get Capt. Panda a video of my swing as the Kick Off Classic will be here before we know it and I need some help!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hope these get the juices flowing fellas! The time is not far off when the Wool Warriors and the Marino Marauders will do battle and forge some great friendships in the #THPKickOffClassic with Kentwool as a first time sponsor here on THP.

#ChangeTheGame!

JM

Took this weekend off from golf to heal this infection I have. The rest has been good and meds are working. Hope to play here at home this coming Saturday and Sunday to get my preparation for the event started.

Took this weekend off from golf to heal this infection I have. The rest has been good and meds are working. Hope to play here at home this coming Saturday and Sunday to get my preparation for the event started.

Get yourself squared away. Plenty of time to get work in after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel better soon Barry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is some video from the course. It's from the AU Golf team back in 2009, but gives you some idea of some of the elevation changes and green complexes. Also some pretty darn good flat belly swings!

Hope you enjoy. #THPKickOffClassic is coming boys!

Course looks absolutely fantastic!!

Glad to hear you are healing up Barry!

Take care of yourself and heal up!!

Sox Fan and Cpl rest up and take care if yourselves want you both healthy and happy!

JM nice video, wish they showed more course and less golfers hehehe but the holes looked good.

This is less than 6 weeks away the excitement is building!

Lots of chatter about this one on Sat, really looking forward to playing these courses and catching up with everyone

441 is right, lots of excitement over this event. Some solid play leading in. Can't wait to hit the fairways of RTJ.

Drove to work today wishing I was leaving for this event Friday morning. SO ready. Need to be with some normal people for a weekend. Yeah, we may be normal only to ourselves, but at least we're all on the same page with one another.

441 is right, lots of excitement over this event. Some solid play leading in. Can't wait to hit the fairways of RTJ.
#PeakingTooEarly

Back