COMFORTABLE Shoes for Work (Business Casual)

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Need some help here guy's. The new job will see me on my feet most of the day soon and my feet will thank you for suggestions of a really comfortable pair of dress casual shoes. In the past I've always went with Rockports and they have been pretty solid, but if there's something better out there please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Due

Lots of people like ECCOs Duey. Also check out the Cole Haan shoes. Many of them feature similar shoes to the very comfy Nike running and walking shoes.

Duey if you're like me, get you something with arch support built in and save yourself some grief! Maybe you are lucky and not like old big foot himself = me :D

Duey- Having to wear dress shoes every day for work has constantly had me on the search for the most comfortable shoes I could find, while still having a nice dressy look to them. A few months back I purchased a pair of Ecco's, and while it was a bit more than I wanted to pay, I can honestly say I have never worn a more comfortable shoe.

In the past I have worn Cole Haan w/ the Nike Air soles, and the Ecco's blow them out of the water in terms of comfort.

I will look up a picture of the ones that I wear.

Here ya go Due;

http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Seattl...dwvar_050304_color=00153&dwvar_050304_size=39
01.jpg

01.jpg

Like I said, they arent the cheapest option, but the comfort and being pain-free after a full day of walking and on my feet has been well worth the price.

I really like all the pairs of Sperry's I own. I'd give them a look if I were you.

In 2001, I bought a pair of Doc Martins. They were black leather, I worked retail at the time, and also did some inventory work, so I was on my feet all the time, and the shoes took some abuse. The shoes are durable, but still looked plenty good to wear out on the floor with khaki pants. I had never in my life bought a pair of shoes that expensive, but it's almost 2012, and I still wear those shoes as my casual dress shoe when going out on the town.

That's just my two cents on it. Another option is a set of inserts in any pair of shoes you like.

EDIT: If you're looking for a dressier shoe, there are countless brands. I'm wearing a pair of Gordon Rush dress shoes right now, and I love them. You can get great deals on dress shoes from a website called Gilt (www.giltman.com). I got my Gordon Rush dress shoes for $80 less than the Amazon price.

~Rock

I also love my Cole Haan's, I've got the loafers with the Nike Air technology in the heel and they are a life saver!

I also love my Cole Haan's, I've got the loafers with the Nike Air technology in the heel and they are a life saver!

You got a pic handy of these?

Lots of people like ECCOs Duey. Also check out the Cole Haan shoes. Many of them feature similar shoes to the very comfy Nike running and walking shoes.

Just pulled these up online, I'll do some research and see who has these in my region. The Nike air Tech sounds pretty interesting.

I'd add another vote for Cole Haan, when I was wearing dress shoes everyday they really saved my feet!

I know many will think me crazy, but Duey, have you thought about boots? No dress shoes have ever been as comfortable for me being on my feet all day as my cowboy boots. Just an outside the box thought.

I know many will think me crazy, but Duey, have you thought about boots? No dress shoes have ever been as comfortable for me being on my feet all day as my cowboy boots. Just an outside the box thought.

:bulgy-eyes:

I do like the looks of these, kind of a mixed bag of reviews though. The Merrells on that same site are pretty interesting.

That's certainly thinking outside the box buddy, lol. I do love my old pair of elephants, super comfortable and might work if I had them resoled with a vibram type sole.

:bulgy-eyes:
Nothing breaks in like boots OG, way nicer feeling to teach in all day than my expensive arse Clarks ever were.

Nothing breaks in like boots OG, way nicer feeling to teach in all day than my expensive arse Clarks ever were.

I hear ya. I actually have had a couple pair and back in the day thought I was a cowboy. Right after the movie Urban Cowboy came out, I had to have me a pair of boots and cowboy hat! I was amazed at how comfortable those boots were, especially after getting all broke in and stuff.

Any idea how close the ECCO's and Cole Haan's seem to fit to size?

I like alot of the ideas in here. Eccos and Kenneth Cole are my 2 favs, both fit me true to size. I would also vote against the FJ Professional Series. Both pairs (different styles) I had squeaked after a week or 2. Nothing worse than hearing shoes squeak as you try to sneak out of the office for the day.

I'm a huge fan of Cole Haan with Nike Air

I agree with the Ecco recommendations. Solid, comfortable shoes.

I just started wearing shoes from Allen Edmonds. They are a little pricey (you can usually find them on sale/clearance), but I have been really impressed with them. They look nice, and they are extremely comfortable.

I like alot of the ideas in here. Eccos and Kenneth Cole are my 2 favs, both fit me true to size. I would also vote against the FJ Professional Series. Both pairs (different styles) I had squeaked after a week or 2. Nothing worse than hearing shoes squeak as you try to sneak out of the office for the day.

Lol, this is annoying. I have a pair of dress shoes, not sure the brand, that I just won't wear ever again. They clop, sound like a horse with every step.

Back