Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for all of the pictures, recaps and stories from everybody that was at the 2013 outing. The time has come and gone. The outing is officially behind us. Bare with me as this one could get rather long winded. Let me first say, thank you to all that took the time to come out and join us in an event that we enjoyed planning for everyone. This year we had a twist with Bridgestone Golf sponsoring a bit of a competition as well as being out at demo day with us for ball fitting. Join me in congratulating the two newest members of the THP Events Hall of Fame and that is KellyBo and Buckjob. The two of them played great golf and won the entire competition as well as some fantastic prizes.

A separate competition was going on and that was the beat team THP competition and we want to congratulate both the above two again, as well as the_paulo and rtparty for playing some great golf and winning a dozen Bridgestone Balls each. GolferGal will be updating this post with pictures from the event and continually in this thread, but we wanted to make sure we got the recap thread going with all of the stories and memories fresh in everybody's mind.

Before I continue, I want to give a shout out and please join me in thanking these individuals. The THP staff that was there. War Eagle, Tadashi70, ddec, One-T, Jman and mcook77. These gentlemen worked their tails off to bring you that demo day on Friday and no matter what needed to be done, it was done and done well. Thank you guys for your hard work. They packed, unpacked, packed and unpacked the Tour Van multiple times to make sure everybody got what they wanted and despite GolferGal and myself saying we would take care of it, they were always there to get it done.

I want to thank TheAnnihilator for being himself. On his first ever trip to the US, he comes to make sure the THP demo day runs perfectly. On his bday weekend no less. Ben, you are a legend and everybody that was there, and is a part of this community should be honored to be able to call you a friend. And FWIW, the guy is going to be a heck of a player. In his 1st two 18 hole rounds, he is knocking down pars and striping drives. Way to go Ben, you rock.

Friday was demo day, and there was more equipment this year than any year THP has ever had this event. The story behind the THP demo day was the idea to have every type of equipment out there, with no sales reps, no pressure and the ability to try what you want, on real grass and even take it to the course. This year it was even live streamed to the world and it was a blast. So much stuff to hit and people were loving some of the items they tried out. While the equipment was being put away by the staff, SeeMore sponsored a little putter contest and two guys drained the 100+ footer. Congrats on the win fellas. BigLee and Lambro both drained it.

Friday night came and it was time for the banquet dinner and the wheel of destiny raffle. The food was good, the company was better. What started out with giving away 10 prizes (which is a lot) turned into 15 because everybody was having so much fun. Except that War Eagle guy that kept getting his name called. Lots of THPers won incredible prizes, because this year they could have anything they tried at demo day. What a fun night it was and the wheel of destiny once again ripped out hearts and created smiles, but it was all in good fun and everybody seemed to have a blast.

Saturday morning we had some golf on the Palmer course. To say the greens were running fast is an understatement. Beautiful golf course, with great company. I had the opportunity to play with Jman (my partner in the Team THP battle) and in my foursome was Golf4life and Bullfrog. Man oh man was that a fun round of golf. After golf, we met people as they finished in the restaurant for lunch and somehow I got roped into playing some more golf by Howzat. Or at least that is the story I am sticking with. One memory that pops out from this time of the day is our buddy mward that came into the restaurant after his round ranting and raving about plugged lies. Apparently hitting it crooked into bunkers can do that, but that is not the funny part. He was sitting at the end of the table blinking like crazy and saying damn a lot. Like his eyes were hazard lights on the car, so the rest of the weekend, a bunker was called an mward and a bad lie was called a ward. Later this weekend he indulged in a "delicious" shrimp tail (no you do not eat those), so his new name should be #pluggedshrimptail. It has a nice ring to it.

Saturday night was the Villa Crawl and this was a blast. So many people went out of their way to create something special and those that enjoyed it voted on their favorite villa and we had trophies made up. When the dust settled, we had a tie between two villas and they will all receive trophies. The Carnival Villa and The Buffett Bash were the winners and congrats to everybody in them as your trophies are pretty darn cool. The real winner here was everybody that got to partake in the festivities. From the delicious food at every single one we went to, to the cold drinks that were going down a bit too easy, the entire night was just awesome.

Vman, your meatballs still rock.
Ole Gray plays a mean paddle.
Mrs RoundersRob had a delicious feast.
Heck, I am leaving out way too many, lets just say the entire night was special. Everybody that was involved, did an amazing job.

Sunday I met up with some guys on the range to get a quick warm up in before teeing off rather early. We were the 2nd group out and the first group (Rhino's group) made our pace look slow as they were on a tear. An impressive feat and I give you guys all a virtual high five for that one. Played with Howzat, J4U and Yorkem. What a round of golf. If you told me I was stuck playing with these guys for the rest of my life, I would be okay with it. I look back at this round and think to myself, scores didn't matter, shots didnt matter, and while we all wanted to play well, (and did), the golf was the backdrop for sharing time with guys that just "get it". I played pretty good in this round, but in a weird kind of way (I can explain in another thread), but as Howzat said, it was possibly the ugliest 40 on a 9 hole round he had ever seen (he is right) and then got a chance to go pretty low on the back. It would not have mattered if I had shot 140 however, because the company I was with was that good.

Sunday is a tough day at the outing. You have the tiredness creeping in. You are already a little sore from all the swings. But the hardest part is knowing that it is coming to an end. Many departed after their round Sunday and those that did not got together for dinner Sunday evening. We had sushi along with many other things, but more important than the food was the conversation (and the shrimp tail). We learned Kim Kardashian does in fact like sushi. So does JeffReedMo and everybody else that tried it. At the end of the night, Jman offered to go to the tour van and get winnings for people and dig through the gear. Its just the kind of guy he is. Many of us sat around and shared memories of the weekend. Sighman, yeah, do not forget your memory. Its 38 ft and can be delivered (I kid I kid). But its a night that is so incredibly filled with joy as another event that saw people having a great time, but also sadness as we know the weekend has come to an end.

DL, you are in our thoughts and prayers. We have something special headed your way that hopefully cheers you up even if its just for a minute.

I will be back in this thread for quite a while with random memories as they come to me. There are just so many to share.

The Outing is behind us, we are closing a chapter on this event in the THP History Books. What does that mean? Not sure yet, but like everything we do here, its about growth and innovation through creativity. Stay tuned, because as always, we have some new tricks up our sleeves. Thank you all for being a part of a special weekend that will live on through memories for years to come.

Been looking forward to this thread going up, can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on this epic weekend.

I can't wait to get my thoughts out but need to get in front of a computer to help make it readable and that won't be until tomorrow. What a great weekend. Morgan may have messed up my swing for good.

I'll have my recap up in a little bit, I started it at the airport yesterday, and will likely be a little long winded.

Demo Day:

i-CXvB4nj-L.jpg

i-92rrvNM-L.jpg

The LoudMouth Golf Apparel Group
i-pZpbrtb-L.jpg

Lunch Time:
i-C8dpXnm-L.jpg

Bridgestone Ball Fitting:
i-x5z27jC-L.jpg

Saturday Round

From Left to Right: Mrs. Golf4life, nerfny, Mrs. T2GRN
i-ZTpFS7k-L.jpg

From left to right: JB, Bullfrog, Jman, Golf4life
i-7tvwGXx-L.jpg

From left to right: Howzat, Wake, Jskittle, Lambro2
i-TDdLT8z-L.jpg

From left to right: Jersey Nate, JeffReedMO, mward2002, Playdough
i-KCkrtW6-L.jpg

From left to right: Buckjob, Kellybo, JJMorris, ATLGolfer
i-HmdPns8-L.jpg

T2GRN, Mcook77, Ole Gray, War Eagle
i-bhqRVSF-L.jpg

From left to right: Yorkem, the_Paulo, rtparty, ddec
i-JksZVjR-L.jpg

the_paulo and T0AD's colorful drivers:
i-Nv6GJHk-L.jpg

From left to right: T0AD, One-T, Cwbonner, Pirate95
i-DCmKVwb-L.jpg

From left to right: CarstenBF, dleavitt39, RoundersRob, BROCK
i-p7VS4RK-L.jpg

From left to right: White Rhino, Pmoa, Interlooper, iDrops
i-LZsdvMT-L.jpg

From left to right: Dawgdaddy, J4U, Tadashi70, TheAnnihilator
i-9FkxXHZ-L.jpg

From left to right: Bogey317, Arydolphin, Checkered, BMWNola
i-xdwdpdd-L.jpg

From left to right: V.man, MightyQuinn, Sighman, Milehighgolfer
i-n2n4bHL-L.jpg

From left to right: Erky, Jimnycricket, hammer84, TrueFx
i-P9PDL5J-L.jpg

From left to right: Jconn, Jconn's Dad, Bhilin, Jcounsman
i-4g6FQgm-L.jpg

From left to right: Acessence, cpljohnst, flydigital, BigLee
i-SWvHbfG-L.jpg

Holy Crap. I had no idea you guys got to play with Bill Haas. SO LUCKY!!

I am looking forward to adding my thoughts once I get home. From tying my personal best round ever, to epic one liners, guys arriving as friends and basically departing as brothers, this weekend was amazing in so many ways.

As I'm typing this, Zak calls me to tell me his pilot is "a feel player". Lmao.

If anyone needs water, you can ask me. Apparently the little old man thought I worked at Reunion as he drove up to the starter shed, I hear " can I get two more water?" Mind you I'm standing next to my golf cart with with a stacked Callaway visor, blue stripped Callaway shirt and white shorts.
It became the joke of the weekend for me. I can water, extra towels or clear plates. But we all know my real job is getting the bags. What a great weekend!!! More later....:

I had a chance to write my recap up this morning at work since I really wasn't in the mood to get back to work...

Wow, what a FREAKIN blast! I lost my outing v-card last week and it was worth every bit! As most of you were aware, I came a few days early to enjoy an extended vacation with Erin. I won’t get into that since it wasn’t outing related but I do have to give a shout out to the smallest, bestest tour guide one could expect if going to Universal, LeprechaunWard; or Mward2002 as most of you know him as. He saved me money and a ton of hassle as I would have had no clue what rides were worth it or not. Thanks dude, we really appreciated it.

Rolled into Reunion Thursday morning (almost late!) and found out I got booted from the feature group but it worked out perfect as I got to enjoy a perfect morning round with Brett (Golf4life), Mike (Sighman), and Dan (Dlevitt). We played the Watson course, which was a great course, and it was a great round. Brett can smash a golf ball, Sighman hits his drive IDENTICAL every time (middle fairway), and Dan can also smash a golf ball. I was just that guy spraying it everywhere. Few things to take away from this round:

1. I had my shot of the weekend on the second hole and owe Brett a drink for a few simple things he reminded me about playing from bunkers… ball back, choke up an inch, and weight forward. I stuck my wedge from 80 yds out from waste bunker to 4 feet and birdied the second hole. Such a great feeling.
  2. Brett had a 10 foot putt and was lined up and during his back swing, two birds, which were standing 20 feet behind him, started squawking. The timing was perfect and he about jumped out of his pants… It was worth a good laugh! He also missed the putt.

Thursday afternoon I got to tee it up with 3 guys at the Palmer course I was REALLY looking forward to playing with; Ryan (War Eagle), Dean (ddec), and Anthony (Yorkem). I struggled off and on during this round but had a blast with these guys and got to witness some solid shots. These dudes are #THPMC ready! I thought I had one upped my shot of the weekend on this round when I landed my drive on the green and sunk a 15-footer for my FIRST EVER eagle! The reason this is NOT my shot of the weekend is because I found out cookie also eagled that hole later on, basically eliminating any validity that eagle had haha. All kidding aside, that wasn’t even the highlight of that round; it was being able to spend it with those guys.

Thursday night at the meet and greet I finally got a chance to introduce Erin to all my internet golfer buddies and she had a great time. She was sick all week but was a trooper during social events and everyone was super inviting to her, so it worked out great. It was a prefect evening to throw some back (every evening was actually :D) and talk to people I had known for years (just kidding, I just met most of them that night, but it felt that way). I am convinced that can ONLY happen with a group of THP’ers.

Quick shout out to my villa mates Dlevitt, Buck, and JMan. Great guys to share a few beers with the few opportunities we had. Poor Dan had to head out early Friday after getting sick Thrusday night, I hope you are alright man. Buck and JMan have become good friends in the short time I have known them and I am really looking forward to the next time I get to see those guys. Sorry if I left a mess Sunday morning, I was trying to pack and load stuff up while still intoxicated, at 4am. Not a smart choice all around.

Friday morning was welcomed bright and early with the 6 hour demo day. It was warm out and I was already sore from Thursday, but that didn’t stop me from pounding balls all day and watching the day fly by. I will admit it right now…. two favorite clubs from the demo day; Altitudes and the baffler irons with the stock graphite shafts. I was still going to take the VR pro combos if I won the raffle though :D. Towards the end of the demo, we all got a crack at a 123 foot put (someone lasered it at 41 yds) and Lambro2 nailed it first followed by Biglee, who is left handed but made it with a right handed putter. How awesome it that! (not as awesome as his apple pie moonshine but that is for a different thread). We got a tour of the Annika Academy after the demo day and it was really interesting. I am glad I stuck around for it because I got to witness Jersey Nate register a swing speed of “NO”.

Friday night at the banquet started with some drinks and people buying last minute raffle tickets for a shot at the wheel of destiny. We had excellent food (Dlevitt would probably disagree) and the wheel of destiny was everything it is ctalked up to be, hearts broken and dreams coming true. HUGE thank you to Josh and Morgan for upping the number of winners from 10 to 15, that was an AMAZING gesture on their part, and really extended an already great time. Few things from the wheel of destiny:
1.) Sighman was picked twice in the first three tickets, but was boo’d on the second go around and lost. #Karma.
2.) War Eagle was picked 3 times and won twice, but hooked up a THP’r, so it was all good.
3.) We texted Jake and told him War took his x-forged irons… I wouldn’t be surprised if he packed up his family camping trip right then and went home and head butted his garage door.
4.) The wheel got COLD toward the end and left for a ton of broken hearts. I didn’t get picked, but I think getting picked and losing to the wheel would have been worse. Poor Howzat lost twice.

Saturday during the competition at the Palmer course I was paired with the legendary, #Grandaddy approved, one and only…. Seth (ATLgolfer). What a great freakin dude, seriously. We got to share our round with the tatted two-some (yes, BuckJob and KellyBo the winners!) and we all had a great time. Real quick, cookie is right.. (From the tattoo thread “If I got paired up with a golfer that had tattoos, I would refuse to play with them and go back to the pro shop. Tattoos are for losers that need reassurance that they are tough”. Kidding, he is NOT right, but that was quote worthy). I let Seth down for a chance at the title but felt good about my game and got to witness a ton of great shot by the three others. We ended up losing 1up to them in our side match, but it was close the entire way. I had two birdies on the back 9 but KellyBo also birdie’d both those, keeping the door shut.

Saturday afternoon Seth and I headed over to the Nicklaus course (which is brutal by the way) and we were supposed to meet up with Freddie and some fellow THP’rs to tee it up with. Got there, waited, and then quickly found out we had no-one to golf with. Ended up playing with iDrops for 9 and some random guy for 18, and we still a good time. I was burned out by that time and had an up and down round, but it was an honor to be able to ride with Seth for an additional round. I can’t say it enough, what a great freakin guy, seriously. I would be honored to be his #Grandaddy partner, anyday.

Saturday night was the main event, the Villa crawl. Our group backed out since we didn’t have any plans and frankly, it was an okay choice, because the people who participated all rocked it! I had no idea what I was drinking half the time, but adult beverages were flowing and it was a pretty good time. Maybe will have to recap in the Villa thread since I am getting “slightly” longwinded here but I feel it’s necessary for such a legendary event.

Unfortunately I had to leave early Sunday morning (as in get up and 4 and pack and leave by 5, possibly still slightly influenced…) due to the time of my flight and missed out on Sunday rounds but my body probably didn’t complain considering I hit more golf balls in 3 days than I had in the last 6 months.

Again, thank you to Josh and Morgan for creating something that will never be duplicated, and thank you to every THP’r who was there that welcomed me and Erin into the group and made the weekend what it was. Reunion was a top notch facility I am grateful to have experienced it and can’t wait to start planning for next years, if it works out. Yes, I said “great” 10 times in this recap, but I still feel I didn’t do the weekend justice recapping how awesome it was.

Well, we're sitting on a plane with maintenance issues and a storm bearing down on the airport, so I'll add my recap....

First, thanks to all THP staff. This event was amazing and your hard work was appreciated by all.

Second, to my villa mates; One-T, Howzat, the_paulo and mrs paulo. Thanks for being an awesome group and I hope you all make it home safe. Sorry, I wasn't the party animal this weekend.

To my playing partners this weekend; lambro2, wake, howzat, dawgdaddy, arydolphin. It was a pleasure to tee it up with each and every one of you. There were more laughs than birdies, but that's not a bad thing.

Lastly, to everyone else at the outing. Safe travels and I enjoyed meeting new folks and reconnecting with old friends.

If you missed out on the outing and still haven't been to a THP outing, GO! You will not be disappointed!

I'll be updating this when I finally get home from this weather.

I'll say this though, I consider each and every one of you true friends. So many amazing people.

Holy Crap. I had no idea you guys got to play with Bill Haas. SO LUCKY!!

Trust me -- it wasn't Bill Haas. :Alien:

Sunday's Round

From left to right: TheAnnihilator, MightyQuinn, Acessence, White Rhino
i-SfTn9RG-L.jpg

From left to right: JB, Yorkem, J4U, Howzat
i-FNdfkbR-L.jpg

From left to right: TrueFx, cpljohnst, jimnycricket (making an appearance at the 10th tee was checkered)
i-SNWwtsd-L.jpg

From left to right: T2GRN, Mrs. T2GRN, KellyBo, Ole Gray
i-B7bQZMh-L.jpg

From left to right: Playdough, rtparty, One-T, ATLGolfer
i-69hHzHw-L.jpg

From left to right: Jcounsman, Biglee, V.man, T0AD
i-wrNNJdM-L.jpg

From left to right: Arydolphin, Jskittle, Wake, DawgDaddy
i-9FbQ2LH-L.jpg

From left to right: Bhilin, Jconn's Dad, Bullfrog, JConn
i-tbRF5XM-L.jpg

From left to right: Mcook77, Tadashi, Buckjob, War Eagle
i-mZ9rLkz-L.jpg

From left to right: JeffReedMO, ddec, RoundersRob, Jman
i-B2xrQP8-L.jpg

From left to right: Jersey Nate, nerfny, Lambro2
i-r7Jm3xW-L.jpg

i-s5tNH8V-L.jpg

From left to right: Pirate95, Interlooper, the_paulo, pmoa
i-2sLfLGM-L.jpg

From left to right: Flydigital, Cwbonner, Bogey317, Mward2002
i-9d6NrTJ-L.jpg

From left to right: bmwnola, sighman, idropsm milehighgolfer
i-ct3HXTq-L.jpg

Hilarious pic!

i-s5tNH8V-L.jpg

A few quick memories before I forget them. Richard singing YMCA with One-T, War Eagle and everybody. Their villa rocked it out. Had no idea War Eagle had the complete Village People library on his cell phone.

Howzat taking his 1st shot of the evening and completely missing his mouth was epic. He had that look up to see if anybody saw him face. Then I proceeded to try and convince ATLgolfer that the idea was to mix the colorful shots together and then drink. That Seth is too smart for me.

GG asking BigLee if when he makes his moonshine if he has a rubber ducky in the bathtub with him.

Yorkem seeing something like 4000 spin improvement and 15 yards of more distance with a ball change during his ball fitting. That was effin cool.

War Eagle - You sir are a man among men. You know why and I will just leave it at that.

JMan - Shares the same mental issue on the golf course, when he gets away from that, he will be a scratch golfer. GUARANTEED!

The Iconic Freddie Kong - My Brother. You help more people than anybody ever could. Your generosity amazes me and I learn from you as a person every day. Can you get my waters now?

Howzat - The other Kardashian

mward - The dude took it in stride all weekend long. He is an awesome dude.

Cardboard Standee Hawk < to Real Hawk...But then again few things are.

T0AD - You fell down a hill? In that outfit? And I missed it?

Pirate95 - Technology sucks buddy. You were missed Friday night. Glad you made it though.

Heck everybody was awesome and the memories will keep coming to me and I will be in this thread for days.

True Love:
nutagu2y.jpg

My update will come soon. And it will be epic.

An assortment of random points noted in my little notebook from Thursday -> Sunday.

• Virgin America is awesome. The only airline I've ever flown that can arrive early regardless of which direction across the country they are flying.
  • THPers know how to take over a hotel lobby bar, rearrange a bit of furniture, and turn it into a party.
  • Wow that's a lot of equipment.
  • It's 320 to the Annika Academy. That's 260 with a nice rollout. Adjust your aim accordingly.
  • The 3Deep is a seriously good club.
  • The UST Recoil Shafts are going in my next set of irons. Thanks JMan!
  • Florida smells funny.
  • Recently aerated Bermuda fairways can make for easy ditch digging on 50 yard shots. Adjust your swing accordingly and chip in the next one.
  • The Wheel of Destiny had 9 rejections in a row.
  • My Saturday playing partner got seriously ill. Major bummer.
  • He appears to be on the mend. That's good.
  • I think some people actually had to crawl during the villa crawl.
  • Exploding villa hot water heaters make good conversation starters.
  • Denmark has a Queen, not a King.
  • It rains sideways in Scotland.
  • When in doubt, switch it to a scramble.
  • It's possible to drink 3 liters of water and not have to pee even once the entire day.

Brock and Carsten, I enjoyed playing with you Saturday. Jeff, DDec, and JMan - fun round Sunday on the Watson course. I really enjoyed playing with you guys even if I was a sh!t disturber on the 16th tee. Hopefully no hard feelings there. It's all in good fun.

Personal highlight of the event: My wife was hesitant about coming along but met a great friend in the_paulo's wife and they had a blast the entire weekend. Looking forward to our trip to Scotland. (yes Paul - we're coming over next Summer)

Personal best golf shot of the event: I played well and hit several good shots but the best was Sunday on the Watson course par 5 #8. 245 to the pin and hit a 3 wood to about 12 feet.

Thanks to THP for a fun event.

That 3w Sunday was redonkulous.

T0AD - You fell down a hill? In that outfit? And I missed it?

I saw that from back on the fairway. I thought he was jumping on a snake or something. It's only funny because he was ok. :)

Only on THP do you meet a random person of the Internet and then plan a trip across the pond. Brilliant.

Stuck at Fultons Crab House in Downtown Disney for 2.5 hours due to storms. May be stuck longer because of all the alcohol I drank while here. So I sit here remembering all the good times from the weekend and also searching for a divorce lawyer cuz JB and GG tried selling me the old RV. If they would have left the THP stickers on I might have bought it.

Back